Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:28 pm

I never saw that NHL commercial before. That 94 version did look fun PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:29 am

I played the heck of the EA hockey games growing up.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:29 am

I bet ;) EA was so great during these times before they became the largest video game company today. They were My second fave next to Acclaim & LJN and company (I explained their whole history in My Vintage long ago in My great 2 Part LJN Showcase) when I knew their history and everything in the early 90s. I loved their Strike Trilogy which maybe I'll talk about later on and don't forget when I showcased My Commodore 64 games for Halloween, I expressed that they were really the first video game company I knew. Today they rule Star Wars and one day I'll talk about that as well :)

I never saw that commercial nor knew about that Fisher-Price Pool game. It looked fun and dandy :) I really never got into Pool. Time & opportunities never really allowed Me to besides a great N64 Pool game Me & My Grandma used to play which I may talk about the next time because now we're going back to Hockey. On the SNES there was a really cool port that was based on Midway & Wiliiams' Arcade game made by Taito called Hit the Ice. She got it for Me either from Star Video or Schnucks. I couldn't find an actual commercial so here's a short gameplay of it

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:11 am

That looks familiar though I played probably 100s of sports games as a kid. I think Blades of Steel might be my favorite hockey game from simpler times.

I can still hear that opening in my head to this day..."Blades of Steel!"...

And then I always thought the opening skate was cool. And it had fights and penalty shots!

"Gets the pass! Gets the pass!"
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:23 am

Oh yes, it's one of the best & funnest ever. Don't forget I had already covered Blades of Steel in My video game topic ;)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Oh indeed there was and some of those are ones that I only either saw ads for only or just briefly played, the ones that was on My mind was not any of them and i'll get to them but first I gotta say this...

I found this other poster of Blades or Steel that I thought was really cool way back then!

Now, this morning I got triggered and just suddenly remembered on My Xbox 360 about My Games Rooms game! If you don't know what it is, it was a virtual mall where you Avatar could walk about and test out classic arcade games and buy them and such. The servers has been shut down for years now since about late 2016 (WWE 2K17 was one of the last games ever for the system) which is such a shame :roll: Anyway, there really wasn't much that I was interested in but 2 games and I bought Blades of Steel for it :o Its a really cool version that is more updated with a thin ratio, I believe it's one of the only recent versions for any modern system, Now the other game I got was also a Konami game and one that I showed briefly in My NES collection and that was Jackal :shock: Remember that one :?: I played it many, many times and beat it too back in the day which was great times indeed :batsmile: Now like the Xbox version of Blades of Steel, it it upgraded with better graphics and sound, it's really like 32 bit. Strange thing is, there is hardly any mention of these said versions anywhere on the web which is really pathetic, you'd think this would have been pretty big back then. I guess either people thought it wasn't or so what or even the generation before this one didn't know about it :? Either way its just pitiful :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Here is the NES gameplay :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:31 pm

Yeah, I remember we talked about it before.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:34 am

Those are cute :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:42 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:03 am

Again, those Fisher-Price Roller Skates were really fun looking :)

I missed out on the American Tale at McDonalds, those looked nice to have. That was a really cute commercial with that cat licking the little boy. These times were some of the best of McDonalds with the puppets and that PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:19 pm

Indeed. I remember having those skates when I was really young. The 80s were the best.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions