Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:05 pm

Serious question: preference plastic ring caps or rolled paper caps?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:34 am

Wow, that is a serious question :o I like both of'em honestly but there is a difference. Sometime ago I got some little cap guns at Family Dollar that used the Ring Cap versions and while their good and convenient cause you can stick them in the cylinder one by one but their not really loud plus sometimes they are duds and the filling of gun powder comes out. The Rolled Paper ones to Me are a bit more of hassle to get it in the gun or figure just right but 9 times out of 10 they aren't duds and they are much, MUCH loud and to put some pun in this you get more bang for your buck :lol: :batlol: :wwwink: :smsmh: So if I prefer the Rolled Up Versions way more PB ;)

Dang, I never saw nor knew of Mattel's VertiBird, that looked really sweet to play with PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:22 pm

Yeah, paper caps are the way to go. They're more of a pain to lineup right, but you literally get a lot more bang for your buck.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:07 am

Dang PB, I just said that :? :lol:

Gosh I never saw these Spaceman & Thunder Burp Machines Guns nor had any idea that Mattel made'em :o This was during the age when cool Alien & UFO films was the craze and the ones to watch and stuff. When I was going through My toy gun craze in the late 80s thru early 90s I could have really used them I mean I would have been crazy for them and would have played with'em nonstop :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:18 pm

I know, but I added "lterally" because the plastic ones were like 10 caps but the paper ones were dozens per roll, lol. Anyone ever just hit the paper caps with a rock? Sometimes the paper would even start on fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:28 am

Oh, I see PB, My bad that I didn't get it then :roll: Actually no, I never did that one and really never thought about it :?

Oh cool Beavis & Butthead, I miss that show :!: I remeber how it was when i had mixed emotions about at first but then I really liked it.

Oh man, I loved Thunder-Punch He-Man. he was My first firing cap figure. He was arguably My fave version of He-Man. The MOTUC one doesn't fire but it is very reminiscent and it even has a replica Cap too! Do you recall either in person PB :?:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:57 am

I did have the original Thunder Punch He-Man. I never got into the MOTUC line, though I did recently pick up the 40th Anniversary He-Man and liked him so I wound up geting Hordak and She-Ra as well because they were on clearance for $9. I don't plan on getting anyone else unless they put out a 40th Skeletor or really accurate version of the main cast.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:41 am

I see. Ah man I thought you did get in on the action of MOTUC on Matty Collector too besides DC :? Well that's a good deal there and not a bad selection. After MOTUC ended on Matty and Super7 got the rights I got a few of them but the prices were getting out of hand and I had to retire from series and basicity the hobby mostly :roll:

IMPORTANT NOTE: For months I have been thinking about MOTU and you posting these now got Me thinking even more. I am contemplating of starting a huge MOTU topic over in the MOTU section of My collection from all eras of many different types of items. I have most of everything MOTUC. It would be quite apropos to do so since this year marks 10th Anniversary - 2013 of Me being a member of the board :o How did I get here :?: I was recruited by Acid on the Matty Collector board cause he saw I loved MOTU as well as DC and so I accepted his invitation and I'm one of the only ones that has remained here :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I am thinkin about the same for big TMNT on in their section as well. So there's a remarkable feat of Mine and while tons have changed since then I am glad that I'm here :)

OK, that commercial of BA He-Man & Skeletor is great and it's cool seeing kids play out these great heroes & battles. I loved those versions of them. A long while back I showcased them & Faker in a big showcase in My Vintage Action Figure Topic with REMCO's DC Warrior Beasts and other MOTU-like lines :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:14 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:05 am

That was a cool one, PB, looked fun :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions