Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: The Top-5's....

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: The Top-5's....

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:59 pm

Top 5 Christmas Cartoons

1. Mickey's Christmas Carol
2. A Year Without a Santa Claus
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
5. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:24 pm

Not all cartoons but good holiday flicks...

1. Charlie Brown X-Mas
2. Christmas Story
3. ELF
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
5. Krampus
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:25 pm

Top 5 Christmas cartoons

1. A Flintstone Christmas
2. He-man/She-Ra Christmas Special
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas
4. Garfield Christmas
5. Mickey’s Christmas Carol
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:16 pm

Five is hard.

I'm going to cheat with music and break it up into pre- and post-1980, otherwise it's just too tough to narrow it down.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:19 am

Now we're moving into Cartoons & Music now :?: I'll be thinking about that as well :o :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scbaf: :scmm: :scaq:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:08 pm

OK, it's long over due but I couldn't decide so here goes My decision in 3...yes 3 categories...ready :?: Here goes :scbat:

TOP 5 MOVIES

Scrooged 1988: IMO its the best Christmas Carol version and it just has the greatest blend of comedy, emotional & horror stuff plus it seems like a Tim Burton film at times since Danny Eflman composed the score Yet also seems like a precursor to Batman 89 & Ghostbusters II. The speech at the climax is one of the greatest speeches ever in a movie IMO.

Christmas Vacation 1989: This was such a close one. This has some absolute great moments. Chase is so good but gosh Quaid is the real spotlight character here. It has such a nice humor tone. It also has a hot woman that works at the store which is one of the most awkward hilarious scenes. The climax is such gold.

A Christmas Story 1983: Without a singe doubt this is truly one of the most old fashioned Christmas movies with such cute funny stuff. Fragile & the Lamp, The Santa, I could go on.

Home Alone 1990: This truly was a classic in the making. Everything about it was so great, a mastermind kid beating up 2 bandits, a surprise appearance by John Candy and surprisingly John Williams composing the score...what more could you ask for :?:

Jingle All the Way 1996: This was a pretty good film. I felt it had the impact of the toy craze good enough and all that and the turnabout with Turbo Man at the climax was a really cool part of the movie.

I feel Krampus is a runner up. IMO it's to recent plus it has hints of that sour unneeded comedy IMO. Others that has great Christmas scenes like Ghostbusters II & The Mothman Prophecies is also worth the mention.

TOP 5 CARTOONS

He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special 1985: This was so cool, a tremendous crossover from two of the greatest cartoon shows plus Earth is canon!

Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales 1979: Just so fun

How the Grinch Stole Christmas 1966! So good, seems like a Looney Tunes at time cause of the same crew.

Mickey's Christmas Carol 1983: This had the some of the most absolute classic Disney stuff here :!:

A Pink Christmas 1978: See Grinch above.

I always loved Santa and the Three Bears as well.

TOP 5 MUSIC

Krampus: This is without a single doubt the greatest Christmas theme ever composed by Douglas Pipes :!:

Home Alone: John Williams' HA theme is just so sweet, how can you not listen to this during Christmas time :?:

Spirit of the Season by Alan Silvestri from the Polar Express is truly one of the most remarkable Christmas cues you'll ever hear.

Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley. Its just so good and puts you in that Christmas mode right away.

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams is one of the most superb songs for Christmas from & for any era. It's just so fun to listen.

Elvis's Silver Bells is also a tremendous Christmas song to put you in that Christmas mood too :!:

That's Mine :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions