Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:36 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:51 am

Gosh, I never saw that I Vant to Bite Your Finger game nor the Go For Broke game. Them were really creatively different :shock: Cool PB ;)

Yeah, a lot of people were like that then. In fact it was a huge issue with many, that's why Toho made Godzilla Final Wars in 2004 and put our 98 version in there so the real Godzilla could destroy him :shock: Fans have given the 98 Godzlla the title: G.I.N.O which this stands for "Godzilla In Name Only". I'm not sure if you knew this or not :?:

Anyway here is 2 more 98 Godzillas by Trendmasters. I have the first one, I think I have the second one too. The first one's tail feature is cool but his rubber tail become quite fragile :roll:

By the way, just a friendly reminder, don't forget to check out My showcases of MOTU Panosh in My Vintage, My 12" Terminaror 3 in My 12" figure topic, and yesterday I posted My big Wild Republic Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin special with a second bonus of dinos where he makes a cameo there in My Modern. Croc Hunter in on page 4, see that first then the dinos. Oh and don't forget to see My Almost Everything Sports store & Louie's Pizza, its a real special one that features Baseball, Mark McGwire & St. Louis Cardinals. You don't want to miss that any of this :batsmile:

More later PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:23 pm

Yes, I love how unique some of the old board games. Nowadays everything looks like it's a board and some pegs, not too extravagant. Or cards.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:41 am

Yep, they were so creative then. Actually I haven't got a clue about board games are now, I wouldn't doubt :roll:

Here is one more 98 Godzilla, this one has his babies. I have all of his kids too ;)

More Trendmasters to come :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:17 am

I get the thinking making him look more realistic, but that's not Godzilla. That's a dinosaur. Imagine making King Kong look more a chimpanzee.

But seriously, what's more fun for kids and adults alike than...<checks notes>...ball busting?

You're a real ball buster, honey.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:57 am

Oh indeed, that woudl look bad for Kong. They were going for realism and if the audience isn't a Godzilla fan and just wants a movie than that's what they got.

Here is a very special commercial, special because these figures are UNRELEASED. They are based from the Godzilla Animated Series which was IMO better the film, it had other Kaijus and he was friendly to humans! It was a really good show til they cancelled it :roll: Now these figures were really cool and only prototypes exists and they go far huge bucks if you can find'em. This happen because Trendmasters was going bankrupt sadly and to this day it really leaves Me like :roll: You did see Me say earlier that they were St. Louis's own company right? It was fun going Down Town seeing their Headquarters back in the day during ball games. Jakks Pacific took them over and like Hasbro, only selects what they want and ditches the rest and it falls in limbo :x this is also why the cancelled the ones I showed earlier of Doom Island and why they cancelled the regular/classic line as well :wwsmh: :batsmh: :smsmh: Anyway these would have been so fun to get and looked a little bit like Kenner/Hasbro's Jurassic Park Chaos Effect. Here is teh commercial, it would have been awesome :)

Trendmasters was so good, I loved them as much I do with Tonka/Kenner. I got one more Godzilla commercial that I skipped then I'll show different properties from Trendmasters :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:22 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am

Gosh, I never saw that Ball Buster game before, I think it was cryptically naughty, she had her way with her man :? :lol:

I remember Shark Attack, I saw the commercial many times back in the day, it was awesome, good song too :)

Cool PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:38 am

So here is the last Trendmasters Godzilla commercial, it goes with the first one I showed. It's kinda funny and yes, this time MechaGodzilla was the good guy but still a mech. I have the Kaijus but in smaller scale and again I do not have the human figures nor vehicles.

More great Trendmasters stuff to come :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:36 am

See, that's Godzilla!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions