Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:03 pm

YES!!! I still have all four of those Batman Returns Happy Meal toys somewhere. I had serious fun with those. Particularly the Batmobile that shot out the missile. I think eventually the hypno umbrella gimmick on Penguin's roadster stopped working properly. We gotta do the Super Mario Bros 3 Happy Meal set next with the suction cup jumping Raccoon Mario, acrobatic Goomba, Luigi pull and go cloud car and Koopa Troopa with the weird air pump that made him walk.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:26 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:26 pm

Niiice... Man, I loved those.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:07 am

Oh that McDonald's one was great. I sure miss the old school McDonald's during the 80s & 90s. I only have the Batman vehicles.

I have a bit of the Dark Knight Collection by Kenner. I love them, I hope to showcase them in e the near future!

Oh that McDonald's Mario 3...that was so awesome. Again. Miss all of this. I only have that Goomba.

Great stuff PB ;)

Here is some additional Batman Returns from McDonald's. No, I do have any of this other stuff but gosh this was a great time :batsmile:

By the way, I posted My 12" Popsalute Terminator 3 showcase, I'd appreciate you checking it out when you can :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:10 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:36 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:37 am

Gosh, I never saw nor knew about that Captain Lou Hotline :o Awesome!

Oh Roger Rabbit. I loved him. I never had that version but I did have a really nice suction cup one that I have misplaced. I have been looking for him for who knows how long now :roll: Oh, by the way, Alan Silvestri did the score for that one :o

Great PB :)

OK, here is the latest one of the 2K series. WWE 2K22 from this year. Because of the ultra debacle that was WWE 2K22 the game's number actually adds/matches up to the year for the first time :o I do not have it and really was on the fence about it as I am still hooked on 2K19. It looks cool with new type of graphics and apparently its a success but seems like it's possibly lacks features. On the 2K board many people complain about how they changed the controls and how hard they are. This is a major turn off for Me. I did however have a hard time mastering the controls for My first ones which was WWE 2K14 & WWE 2K15 but I got really used to it after a while so who knows. I think I'll only get this one if I can get it dirt cheap, I mean DIRT CHEAP :!:

So that concludes the WWE 2K commercials and My little stuff. By the way, Hogan is in WWE Battlegrounds but Sting is not in WWE 2K22.

Ok, so next I'm gonna focus on Trendmasters commercials like I said a while back, till then ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:12 am

I don't remember seeing this commercial, and it's not toys, but it's Stinger and it made me laugh so....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:08 am

Gosh, I ain't never seen that one before either. Looks to be in his hey day in the last days of WCW, possibly 99. Man that poor kid and his mom saying it looks so real...they always gotta say about wrestling in that way :roll:

OK, as I said before, I was going to post Trendmasters stuff when you PB posted about their great Battle of the Planets commercial ;)

I don't know how familiar you are with Trendmasters. They were one of My most favorite companies, at times even more so than Kenner & Tonka. They were actually located in My home City of St. Louis right in DOWN TOWN, just blocks away from the ARCH :batshock: No kidding, I used to see the building all the time when I went down there for the Cardinals games all the time. Sadly they went out of business by the turn of the millennium. I had expanded a little about this in previous topics & posts. They were taken over by Jakks Pacific. What do you think about this?

They had so many great lines similar like Kenner

Their biggest series was Godzilla and I loved it. Here is the first commercial, these are large scale versions, I have the smaller versions, these were some of My favorite figures of all in the 90s :batsmile:

OK, I got a lot more to post of Trendmasters. Tell Me what ya think about'em so far, it's gonna rock even more next time :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:30 am

So here is Trendmasters's awesome second line of Godzilla figures...Godzlla Wars :!: Again these are the larger scale versions, I got the smaller ones. I got these in 96 and to this day it's one of My most favorite series ever. I loved the style of them, the packaging and the graphics on it, the trading cards they came with... all of it! It just felt so special getting these. Here is an epic commercial for this!

More Trendmasters to come :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions