Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:24 pm

Ah, Kriss Kross. I guess one of them is big a-hole. Mark Henry was telling a story a while ago about a restaurant he owns and that one of them, not sure if it was Kris or Kross lol, came in, and was so rude and disrespectful that Mark Henry had to throw him out. I guess when you have a big hit like that at such a young age that it possibly inflates your ego. Not sure what either of them has done since.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:25 am

Hah, that's an interesting story about Mark Henry. I had no idea about that one. Thanks for the trivia there PB :) Search Me what they've done since then :?

OK, here is ZOMBIE which is by The Cranberries! It's one My favorites ever. The late Dolores O'Riordan was such a great singer. The song is inspired by the IRA which is a militant group that focused on to get rid of British troops from Northern Ireland bombing in Warrington, Cheshire in 1993...it was horrible :? This song is truly a great example of superb 90s greatness!

More later :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:15 pm

She had an amazing voice. It's sad she died fairly young. The Cranberries were so overplayed on the radio back then that I couldn't listen to them for the longest time. Now I try to mimic her voice when it's on, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:47 am

Danny Elfman - Oingo Boingo - GB II - 1.jpg

Yesterday I posted My love for Ghostbusters II in the trailers topic. My Grandparents got the soundtrack on record for Me/Us over at Peaches/Sound Warehouse when it came out in 1989. I got the CD years later. I have always loved the soundtrack but I wanted the score by Randy Edelman which the companies still haven't released to this day which is so pathetic. So, on the soundtrack is a song by Danny Elfman's Oingo Boingo. Its a song that is briefly heard in the background when Ray is on the phone with Dana about the tub, if you listen carefully you can here Flesh 'N Blood in the background...they did the same thing with Laura Branigan's HOT NIGHT in the background in Dana's apartment in Ghostbusters 1...the 2 best songs...OH WHY DO THEY DO THAT :batrage:

Anyway, I have always thought that Elfman should have composed the music for GB II instead of Edelman but oh well. Here is Danny Elfman's Oingo Boingo singing Flesh 'N Blood. He is such a great singer and has such a wonderful voice. Here is the superb music video :batsmile:

Oh by the way, I do have that album above as well which is The Best of Oingo Boingo, I have always digged that 16-bit cover...truly remarkable even to this day IMO :batsmile:

Look for more GB 2 songs coming soon!

Now, I'm posting a special Danny Elfman edition in My great composer topic so be sure to go there and be astounded by some of his greatest works there with a lot of trivia as well because he's one of My favorite movie composers of all-time :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:54 am

I think I knew of Danny Elfman as a composer longer before I realized he was in Oingo Boingo. I'm not even sure I knew of Oingo Boingo until many years later. I can't save I'm overly familiar with that song, though. Deadman's Party has been a Halloween staple in my house for ages. It used to be on the custom cd I played back at the old house when we had trick or treaters. Now, I just listen to it in my truck around that time of year.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:43 am

Oh yes, that's another great one. I listened to that a lot as well. Good story. Oh Elfman made countless cues of material for Halloween time. Maybe, that's good you possibly knew him as a composer before his Oingo Boingo singer group :)

By the way, I totally skipped what you said about The Cranberries, I got so excited doing Elfman it just escaped My mind. Sorry. Yes, she had a great voice and she was quite underrated and she did leave this world too soon. Oh I do the same there ;)

Back to Elfman, don't forget I made his entry in the composer topic, I posted a lot of info you maybe surprised about, when you read and listen to it post there and let Me know and yes I featured Pee wee a bit, when your talkin' Elfman, you gotta mention Pee wee, Beetlejuice & Batman :batsmile:

More GBII to come ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:30 am

So I featured Danny Elfman's great Flesh 'N Blood and I have already featured Elton John earlier on with his good Love is a Cannibal song from GBII so continuing from GBII and the great year of 1989.

Here is 2 songs from the soundtrack again but this time it's by Bobby Brown whom I have also posted about within the topic with his great Humpin' Around song, I have always loved these GBII songs especially I love how We're On Our Own looks, such great visuals :batsmile:

More GBII ahead plus some from GBI & Batman :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:44 am

Heard this on Sirius XM a couple of months ago. Probably haven't seen this video since 1989.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:08 pm

Dude, like I said before, I had this crazy phobia of clowns back when I was a little kid so I couldn't watch the Batman movie but for some reason, my sister had an official VHS tape of this music video that she borrowed from the library and I would watch it again and again. It was like exposure therapy. LOL.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:36 am

Oh you beat Me to it with Prince PB. I'll do his others in time. Its was such a great song. I played it countless times on My CD I got when it came out :batsmile:

Gosh Acid, so you had clownphobia, that is actually very common, nothing to be a shamed of. Now Me, nope I wasn't afraid of'em but I thought they were just ok, no big deal but fun. I liked Bozo, Binky from Garfield but I loved scary ones the most like from the Clownhouse movie, Killer Klowns from Outer Space and the original Pennywise from IT. I loved it when Doink first appeared in the WWF in 92 and became a major heel, I thought he was so funny. I loved it when he'd blow up the balloons for the kids in the crowd and then pop'em, now that's a great funny clown :lol: So yeah, The Joker was right up My alley with Batman 1989 :batsmile:

OK, continuing with GBII, here is Doug E. Fresh And The Get Fresh Crew with their great Spirit song!

And here is RUN DMC's Ghostbusters, such a great song too! I already was familiar with them as they were at WWF Wrestlemania 5 in 1989 :batsmile:

Don't forget to check out Bobby Brown's great ones too that I posted just the other day! More GBII songs coming soon :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions