Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:15 am

Ah, I had one of those Gizmo dolls when I was a kid. I saw Gremlins a couple times but it was never a big film for me. Gremlins 2, on the other hand, for some reason I can watch over and over again because it's so zany and over the top. Gremlins are cool, as long as they stay out of the projection booth.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:46 am

Ah good. I see and indeed :lol: That gif of Hogan you posted there PB. I don't know if you know it or not but his scene actually was deleted from the VHS for good'ol time restraints but it was restored when the DVD came out. I was bummed out for long time about that hence My original VHS you saw in My showcase but gosh I love that scene! He was still champ before he fought the Ultimate Warrior @ WM6 in 90!

Oh man, I don't have that game but that Gremlins 2 game was actually kinda revolutionary at the time because it really pushed the limits of the NES! Great ones PB :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:46 am

Oh, wow, no I didn't know that about the VHS version. That would be quite disappointing as it's one of my favorite moments in the whole film.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:05 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:15 am

Indeed. Great LJN commercials there, I have already showcased My LJN guys a long while back. I remember the second video like it was yesterday. Just great classic stuff :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:41 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:33 am

Yep, those were some great figures by Galoob as you saw Me showcase them a long ago. I just loved how realistic they were. Great times getting them at K-Mart in 1990. This was also a great and very underrated time in WCW, Sting was so awesome then. That commercial has always been great PB :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:30 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:18 am

AWESOME PB. I never got the original Kenner Lightsabers. That commercial is great and I love seeing kids when they were kids around them classic times :)

OK, here is WWE 2K20. Hogan is back here! This is a pretty good, this is when Becky was really starting up.

Here is a list of the DLC stuff if you interested. The Smackdown Hotel is about the best place to go to for WWE 2K info.

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k20/wwe-2k20-dlc-guide-complete-details-on-all-dlc-packs-season-passl

Now I was quite excited about it for a while but then the roster was nearly depleted for real and over HALF of 2K19's roster was gone so that was a turn off. Even though Sasha has her blue hair and there was some cool DLC stuff I was still contemplating about getting it because I loved WWE 2K19 especially with the awesome fictional BCW feature. Then ALL of the reports and YT vids were coming in and happening about all of the glitches & errors which was such a major bummer to say the least. 2K tried to fix it with countless patches and upgrades but NOTHING WAS WORKING that they tried to do :x Even when they had the deluxe version game for $5 & $10 on sales, I still skipped it :o Here is only a sample vid of a glitch compilation so beware, it's horrible :o

Now keep in mind in WWE 2K games or any of these modern games over the last decade or so there is some errors of some kind but nothing this awful. After all of what 2K tried to do to fix it, they lost thousands in big digits and WWE 2K20 became the worst selling game in the entire series and is regarded by many as the worst game ever made :shock: :batsmh: :smgasp: :wwsmh: Because of this they left the online servers & custom creations dl/ul up way past the normal time frame because they always give a time limit when the next game came out which was usualy about a year and it was always fun yet a bit of a struggle to get everything we need like new custom wrestlers that isn't in the games, attires, arenas & shows, move-sets and more and then once they shut the servers off/down then that was it, the notifications would happen and you couldn't do online stuff anymore but the servers are still up and running thank goodness. The thing is there was NO WWE 2K21 but another game that was totally a replacement called WWE Battlegrounds which I will get to next :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:08 am

Lol, that first glitch was hilariously NSFW.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions