Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Transformers PART 1

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:05 pm

Eh, Megatron probably had it coming with the whole wanting to steal Earth's energy thing. I loved the Gen1 stuff, the cartoon, comics, movie. I could never get into any of the later shows the Beast Wars and Prime stuff, just didn't do anything for me. When I was a kid my grandparents got into a pretty serious car accident with me and my sister in the backseats. Us kids weren't hurt, but my grandfather never really recovered. I remember being in the hospital and someone brought me some Marvel Transformer comics issues 7, 8, and 9. I always liked the early Marvel stuff even though it sometimes annoyed me that the characters weren't the proper colors. I dug the cover to issue 8 even though I never got the Dinobot figures. Who didn't go around saying, "Me, Grimlock, say..."?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:38 am

I see. Gosh, I had no idea about your car crash, sorry about your Grandfather :roll: At least you had a little bit of a good time with them comics. Sometimes I like it when they change character colors in comics. Oh the Dinobots were great!

Thanks PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:18 am

Yeah, it's not something I think I've ever mentioned in 35 years. Not exactly the kind of thing that comes up in conversations or that you'd want to talk about, but your Dinobots made me think of the comics, so at least there were the comics.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:23 pm

Sorry to hear of your accident…

Man, we lived through the absolute golden age of toys and comics…I am truly convinced that they are vital tools in any healing process.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:38 pm

Thanks. I didn't mean to hijack the thread with that, it was just something that came up. I made peace with it long ago. No worries.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:53 am

I. Savant, indeed it was the golden age of toys, comics, games, wrestling and more. Shame we're some of the only few that's doing anything about it :roll:

PB - Oh it's OK, its all fine, I get it ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection:TF: G1 - P2!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:00 am

So, here is PART 2 of My Transformers showcase, if your just now reading this and didn't even know about part 1 then I recommend you go back to the previous showcase before you even attempt to see this one as it was a great yet crucial entry plus it will give a spoiler of what's ahead as well :batwink:

My Mom got Me these back in the day during the middle 80s like 85 - 86. These are tremendous ones and they are all OFFICIAL this time by Hasbro & Takara! I believe she got Me these at Venture, they are the only place I recall at the moment but it is also possible she picked them up for Me at at another classic store that was around at the time :)

Now like I said prior, I don't have a big collection of Transformers so this showcase will be kinda brief. I have 2 Autobots & 2 Decepticons and I will divide them in their respected factions. They are all in still good shape and this time I will TRANSFORM THEM :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: READY :?: :? :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smhuh:

Superion: He is a fighter Jet and he has such a cool color scheme!

Warpath: Oh I always loved him and his tank disguise. He was always so fun to transform :) Oh and he has his pressure sticker still intact on his body, look at it change :o

Runamuck: What a rad name for a rad character. He is really of a good designed car and rolls really nice :) He too also has his pressure sticker as well, look it change color :shock:

Blitzwing: Oh he's My favorite of the whole lot :batsmile: He can transform into 3 different things - 1. A Fighter Jet, 2. A Tank and 3. a Robot and he is die-cast metal in many areas and has his pressure emblem intact :o I love how his landing gear extracts in & out too :) I had so much fun with him back when I got him when I was such a youngster :smgrin:

Here is their Copyrights :o LOOK at that dating & company info, 84, 85, 86, Takara & Hasbro...oh I just LOVE IT :D

GROUP SHOT: Here they are in their vehicle forms and transformed into their real-selves :!:

Size Comparison: Here is Blitzwing compared to My just recently seen Grimmlok, the evil cloned twin of the bootleg series Prehistory - Ancient Animal and My go-to guy Mattel's MOTU Prince Adam :!:

and here be Blitzwing with all previously seen LJN Lion-O, Mattel's MOTU Prince Adam, Bandai's Voltron & Kenner's M.A.S.K. :!: Look at all of the 80s goodness, it can't get much better than that :)

Well, I hope you liked this one. That'll do it for part 2, part 3 will be at hand soon and what until you see that one, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: TF: G1 - P2!!

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:11 pm

I think everyone I knew had Warpath. lol.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:16 pm

Hey, I had Warpath, too. Totally forgot he existed. I never had Blitzkrieg, but always thought that he could transform into a tank and jet was really cool. Always wanted him.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:41 pm

Yeah, I remember everyone would bring Warpath in for show and tell. Blitzwing I had later on. I love that whole lot of Triple Changers. The other two were Astrotrain and Octane. I really liked how Blitzwing's character evolved in the cartoon and he kind of became good. Same with Octane who befriended Sandstorm.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions