Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - UPDATE!!!

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Re: Star Wars: My Miscellaneous Collection - PRESTO MAGIX ES

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:02 am

INFO: These babies were great and a true way of making something stay put. These were transfers where you had to pencil them in on the surface of the picture of your desire. It would be a pain however cause you cannot erase them if you made a mistake or wanted to do it over again as they will stay there forever. It was first shot only :!: In My generation these were exciting and the coolest thing next to action figures. They don't make these type of activities anymore and I believe in this androgynous day and age kids wouldn't think nothing of this unless they are taught how special things like this was back in the day by their experienced parents. I wouldn't doubt that they would rage quit first second without the proper guidance because I know how frustrating something like this can be if you do make has a mishap :roll: I am very thankful that I got to experience this stuff and knew how cool it really was then cause this pathetic era offers very little something so ecstatic such as Presto Magix :!:

The selections of characters and such is really good but wow, the scenery is just gorgeous. IMO they still hold up and would look strikingly splendid for just about any SW wallpaper and/or background. Now all of these are used and I penciled them long ago. You can see I wasn't perfect when I did Mine. Sometimes I think why did I do this and that but that is what a young Brandon saw fit!

Rebel Base: The background is just beautiful, the Falcon looks marvelous. Even though I had Vader shot I pretended he was indestructible, that Han was on his ship and Leia jumped off of it.

Asteroid Storm: Gosh, there's a lot going on there :shock: Amazing how I put that stuff :lol:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Beneath Cloud City: Notice it's upside down. I wanted it to have a surface and to be honest, I wouldn't change this Bespin scenario if I had a second chance :)

Star Destroyer: Amazing how IG-88 is there with Vader instead of Boba Fett :shock: I do think I should have spaced the ships and stuff a little further out but it still looks good.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Signature Spot: There was always a cool section on them in the corner for you to sign it after you were finished, not sure why I never did Mine :?

Copyright: See, 1980 :!: :o

Size Comparison: Here is one compared to My "go-to guy", My vintage Kenner Nien Nunb!

SPECIAL NOTE: Now if had the opportunely I would buy a lot of these and of course the ROTJ versions as well and mix them up in all kinds of different scenes. At the moment I am unable to but their still available on eBay at somewhat decent prices. Back in the day they were quite cheap, only a couple bucks a pop.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:03 am

YouTube video!

There wasn't any commercials of the ones I have here but the closest one is the ROTJ that PB brought to My attention which will give you a nice example of of cool it was then and how you make them ;)

And here is a short video of a comic shop guy, listen to what he says. I find it astounding he says what think :!:

Well, that will conclude My Presto Magix ESB showcase and I hope you enjoyed it, perhaps brought some memories back or even saw this for the very first time. These were so great when SW was still superb and I am quite grateful I got these :) If your just now seeing this then that means you missed the beginning of showcase since I have to split it up some now, make sure you see it cause after all, the YT vids are just bonuses, the first part is on page 3 :) Don't forget to check out the rest of the topic ;) I have some more classic SW coming soon, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:15 am

I didn't know about these. If I did, I would have had waaay too much fun. These look amazing.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:32 am

Huh, how about that, glad you were surprised Acid ;) Oh yes, they were very fun :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:49 am

AcidDragon wrote:I didn't know about these. If I did, I would have had waaay too much fun. These look amazing.

OMG, these things were so much fun as a kid (until you messed up and didn't cover the whole image and a piece didn't transfer and someone's arm was just floating next to them, lol). Those explosions look so familiar in design. I wonder if they were used throughout other character packs because I forgot about them, but they look like something I saw a lot as a kid. Even the asteroids feel familiar. I'm sure I had this as a kid. I can't believe you still have this stuff!

No idea why things like these don't still exist. Every time my grandma would take me to CVS I'd get one. I'd like to think my kids would enjoy these. It's kind of like drop and drag on the computer, but like you said, you only get one shot.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:08 pm

Indeed, it was kinda bad when your'd make a mistake :roll: Oh yes these were a handful :D Yep, I still got'em...nuts is a mild way of putting it :o ;)

I have no clue, the class, the fun factor and creativity is just not there in this era :x Sounds cool & fun about your Grandma and times too :) I know kids today are not the same as when we were kids back in the day but yes I would hope so :smsmile:

I actually never thought about it like that before about drag and drop. Yep, one shot it was...thanks...a lot PB :D

More great SW to come soon :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:18 am

Have you tried these recently to see if they still work? I'm curious about their adhesion after decades of non use. lol.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:32 am

OneNineSix wrote:Have you tried these recently to see if they still work? I'm curious about their adhesion after decades of non use. lol.

Oh yes ONS, they are STUCK THERE, there isn't no getting them off after nearly 40 decades believe it or not :o By the way, check out the rest of the topic and I will be updating more great Star Wars stuff soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars