Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: The Mummy's Curse!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:15 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I vaguely remember those Super Naturals. They look familiar but if you'd asked me what they were called I'd probably not know. Man, we had some cool stuff in the gumball machine back in the day. Now my kids are lucky to get a gumball for a quarter and anything that's actually kind of cool is like $.75, but even that stuff isn't as good as older stuff.

Yeah PB, they are a quite obscure line by today society which is such a shame as they were such a great series. Yes, the gumball/vending machine toys were great back then. Like I said before, IMO most of everything was better in the 80s & 90s especially when toys & action figures are concerned.

AcidDragon wrote:Wow, man. You have some stuff I never thought I'd ever see again. I remember loving those Super Naturals commercials but I never had the toys. I was totally sold on that hologram gimmick they had and the Visionaries had a similar thing going.

Regarding the vending machines, I used to use it to replenish my supply of slime because it was way cheaper than the stuff you got from the Ghostbusters Ecto Plasm/TMNT Ooze and lasted longer, too. Those are some cool finds you got there for sure.

Yes and that is great Acid. I was sold on the hologram concept too but I guess the majority of the public wasn't and IMO that is pathetic because Hasbro's "borrowed" series The Visionaries suffered that same fate unfortunately :roll: Speaking of the Visionaries, like I had said previously when I showed off My Super Naturals originally, unlike them I do have the entire collection of Visionaries and I will showcase them in time :) Yep, them vending machines were great for that slime back then too, gosh it was great being a youngster then ;)

Thanks guys :D Soon I will be having 2 more big showcases for Halloween, until then I'll see you around :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Kenner Ghostbusters

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:10 am

Yep, it's HALLOWEEN TIME, My favorite time of the year. The above picture is a special one, it's a cute poster I got from one of My Scholastic books way back in 1990. I have always thought is was so cute and perfect for Halloween for a seasonal layout &amp; not an actual scary display. Been thinkin' of this a lot :)

OK, here we go with part 1 of My spooky Halloween themed vintage showcases and the first on is non other Kenner's The Real Ghostbusters! As you know, I am a huge Ghostbusters fan, have been since the first film came out :o The Real Ghostbusters is one of Kenner's most famed lines and one of the most definitive series's of ever, of all-time! Now this showcase will also feature some bonus Ghostbusters stuff that maybe rather not expected but I wanted to enter them within the showcase as they are quite special to Me. In fact, the bonus stuff will rival in size the actual Kenner showcase but believe Me, it's gonna be wild ride and it'll be presented in a second post.

So My Grandma got Me all of these. She got Me what she could as they were kinda scarce in our area and I recall getting many of them. Of course like always, they are not complete and are kinda worn. So the series came out in 1987 and lasted till 1991 which was still in the good'ole days which 91 seemed like it was the final year of the good times :roll: The series was basically available throughout the cartoon's existence during those classic times. So is here My collection and all of the cool bonus stuff :)

Slimed Heroes: Egon Spengler, Ray Stantz, Peter Venkman, Winston Zedmore &amp; Louis Tully!

Fright Features &amp; Super Fright Features: Egon Spengler, Ray Stantz, Peter Venkman, Winston Zedmore &amp; Janine Melnitz!

Green Ghost &amp; Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man: Oh wow, these were My first two Ghostbusters figures EVER :!:  :o They were so special to Me. Now the Green Ghost's name was always in question as they couldn't decide if his name should the Onion Head Ghost as his behind the scenes name from the first movie or if he should just be called Green Ghost but when the animated cartoon came out they called him Slimer! He has been called this ever since and IMO should have been called this since the beginning as it was so obvious what he was oh and look at the copyright too!

Haunted Humans &amp; Haunted Vehicles : Tombstone Tackle Ghost, Mail Fraud Ghost, X-Cop Ghost and Wicked Wheelie (bike and driver)

Various Spooks!

Classic Monsters:  Dracula, The Frankenstein Monster, The Wolfman, The Mummy and Quasimodo!

Ecto-1: Yep, arguably the most classic car in film history. I remember when My Grandparents got Me this at K-B. For some reason I wasn't happy with the color scheme and since My Grandma was into hobby stuff, I had her paint it for Me not to long after she got it for Me...so it's kinda like a custom job and still looks like it did over 30 years ago :shock:

Ecto-3: A really cool looking quad go-kart!

The Firehouse Headquarters: I have this special playset which My Grandparents got for Me too at K-B all those years ago but it's in high storage and is extremely difficult for Me to get a hold of so I thought I'd get some pics online and fix them up as I don't know if I will be able to showcase it in the future and I didn't want to ignore this special house!

SPECIAL GALLERY

Kenner Action Toy Guide: I couldn't locate any of My blister cards but I found the next best thing. These were such a cool bonus within special sets by Kenner, something that has been missing from frugal companies over the better part of a generation and it has been severely lacking in this pathetic day and age. Look at all of that cool Ghostbusters toy goodness. My Grandma couldn't find Me many of the them in our area like at Venture, Target &amp; K-Mart and even the great Woolworth stores but I am very thankful what she got Me. Believe Me, if I could I would I get all of those classic figures MIP, no question about it. Also, look at how the kids are in the book, you don't see children like this anymore, how things change :roll: Reminds Me back when I was a child, IMO it was the best time being a youngster and experiencing all of this cool stuff!

Group shot of the Regulars!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Kenner Ghostbusters

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:11 am

SUPER BONUS STUFF!

Ghostbusters 1 &amp; 2 VHS: After renting Me the first one dozens of times, My Grandma just bought it for Me from her BMG Club and the second one from Mr. T's Video (oh I got lot's of stories about that great place, maybe I will talk more about them at a later date...I really miss that one :roll: )! Look at them, IMO VHS is the most classic way to watch movies instead of this digital stuff. Sure its quicker, more convenient &amp; handy but IMO it doesn't feel the same as getting that VHS box. getting the tape out and poppin' it in the VCR and feel'in good about it :)

TRG &amp; Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters VHS Tapes: My Grandma got Me both of them, oh these were tremendous classic times!

Here is cool &amp; fun intros of these classic animated series' of the 80s!

Ghostbusters Commodore 64 PC Game: Now if you saw and read My special G.I. Joe special not that long ago then you'll know I gave big a hint that another one was coming up and it was gonna special. Well this IS IT :o In a very close tie to My G.I. Joe game, My Ghostbusters game was My absolute favorite game to play! I bet I played this hundreds of times and I was only like 4 or 5 years of age and I was already a big gamer! My Mom got it for Me as she knew how much I loved Ghostbusters and she paid big bucks to get it then because back then in them days, PC games &amp; VHS tapes were extremely high priced but she done well getting Me this along with many other titles. Now there was a version for the NES (plus GB II) later on but it was no where near as classic &amp; fun as this one. I just the loved graphics, the stages and the shops especially building your Ecto-1 (I actually preferred the blue car though) and oh, I especially loved the voice you hear in the beginning as he laughs :lol:  :!: ! Here is My special pics that I took of the famed box, oh that was also one of My most favorite aspects of the whole game as well and the fact of the matter is, this is the only Ghostbusters game that had an awesome box like this! I loved this stuff as this was from a time when companies weren't cheap and put the extra mile into their products and you actually felt that you got your money's worth!

The Disk &amp; Insert!

Scale!

The Actual game-play: Holy cow, look at the classic game-play &amp; graphics, this is when video games were video games!

Ghostbusters Sega Genesis Game: Oh gosh, this is one of the most underrated games of all-time IMO. This was one of My favorite games to play on the Sega Genesis and it came out in 1990! Like many games that are inspiration or even coincide with their movie counterparts, there is some elements of all kinds like characters, locations, music, etc. that wasn't in the films and this great classic has a lot of that cool bonus stuff! My Grandma got this for Me in the later part of the 90s before our local Star Video went out of business thanks to Blockbuster video down the street &amp; Hollywood video literally taking Star Video's place :x  Another thing I loved about Sega's games was their protective cases, this is something Nintendo really lacked for decades! In fact, Nintendo was quite behind on certain things till later...I consider Sega like Kenner &amp; Nintendo is like Hasbro, Hasbro "borrowed" so many concepts from Tonka/Kenner and the rest is history!

The Actual game-play: Yep, Sega was the 16-bit king, they were really always My favorite between them &amp; Nintendo :!:

Hardees Ghostbusters II Ghostblasters &amp; White Castle Godzilla Spinner: Wow, gonin' down memory lane even further here. I was so excited for Ghostbusters II and saw it at the show back in 89. I loved going to Hardees and I loved it when they were promoting the movie. These little devices were quite fun in the day, they'd make noises like your usual 80s/early 90s small electronic space guns. I got two of them, I think I didn't like the other colors but now I kinda regret it. Now the Godzilla Spinner/Rubber Ninja Star/Shuriken from White Castle is just a sweet bonus. I got him in 1990 but didn't get the rest of the collection for whatever reason which I look back on it and it was shame :roll:  Believe it or not, this is one of the rarest &amp; obscure fast food collectibles of all-time!

NOTE: After My disappointment with the 98 Godzilla film &amp; the many failed attempts of creating a good Ghostbusters 3 script (even though in My opinion they did have an great one in Ghostbusters III: Hellbent...that would have been awesome in 1999/2000!), and since Columbia had both properties, I wrote a brief fan faction concept of a crossover called Ghostbusters III: The Ghost of Godzilla! I never finished it though but I still think about it often as I did when I made it back in the 2000s :o

Here is a size comparison of My great previously seen Willow &amp; Elora Danen figures to show off the scale...

and here is TRG Wolfman for super size comparison.

SUPER SPECIAL FEATURE :o

I wasn't originally gonna do this but I kept on thinkin' about it and if I wouldn't have I may have kicked Myself in the @$$ really hard so here it is  :!:

Kenner's The Real Ghostbusters vs. Mattel's The Real Ghostbusters: I got Mattel's retro figures back when they first came out and were hot in 2011 when things were still kinda good. I absolutely loved them but unfortunately many collectors thought other wise like always. So here is a special comparison that I just put together...it looks mighty fine if I do say so Myself :!:

So that finished My Real Ghostbusters showcase during this Halloween week. If you didn't see the first part and this one first then make sure you see that and scroll back further too cause you never know what you may missed as I have worked very hard to present vintage/80s/90s goodness! I have 1 more special Halloween spooky showcase coming up really soon, until then I'll see you around 8)
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Kenner Beetlejuice!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:41 am

Yep, it's HALLOWEEN TIME, My favorite time of the year. The above picture is a special one, it's one I got from one of My Scholastic books way back in 1990. I have always thought is was so cute and perfect for Halloween for a seasonal lay out &amp; not an actual scary display. Been thinkin' of this a lot :)

So here we go with part 2 of My special Halloween spooky time showcase! This time is Beetljuice :o Another great series by one of My favorite toys companies Kenner! As previously seen in My great Real Ghostbusters showcase, these figures also have unique action features and are funny &amp; spooky to look at the same time. I loved the movie Beetaljuice, it's a true 80s classic that is a mixture of horror, mystery and comedy and just right bled of the three. It was 1990 when I discovered these figures in a Kenner action guide and not to long after saw them in person at one of My favorite stores that I have mentioned multiple times here called Ben Frankin's. I loved that store. Anyway, My Grandma knew how much I wanted them and said something we'll see or have to wait...well My Grandparents got Me all they could get for Me during that very Christmas in 1990 :o I don't recall seeing these figures at Venture or Target but possibly at K-Mart which they were quite rare in My general area. These figures were some of the most memorable ones that I ever got for Christmas and that was 31 years ago :shock:

Here is My entire collection of Beetlejuice. They are all in great condition and I believe all accessories are still intact so thank goodness I took good care of them though I would like to find there blister cards however provided I kept them somewhere.  

Adam Maitland: The Headless Ghost

Otho the Obnoxious

Harry the Haunted Hunter

Shish Kebab Beetlejuice

Exploding Beetlejuice

Showtime Beetlejuice

Spinhead Beetlejuice

Creepy Crawlers

Vanishing Vault

Creepy Cruiser

Phantom Flyer

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Kenner Action Toy Guide: I couldn't locate any of My blister cards but I found the next best thing. These were such a cool bonus within special sets by Kenner, something that has been missing from frugal companies over the better part of a generation and it has been severely lacking in this pathetic day and age. I away find it astonishing how many lines that Kenner had, I mean they almost made something from everything franchise...so fantastic :o Look at all of that cool Bettlejuice toy goodness. My Grandma couldn't find Me all of the them at our local Ben Franklin's cause big stores in our area didn't carry them in 1990 but I am very thankful what she got Me. I'm actually quite happy with My selection but believe Me, if I had the opportunely to get the rest loose or MIP, I would, no question about it. Also, look at how the kids are in the book, you don't see children like this anymore, how things change :roll: Reminds Me back when I was a child, IMO it was the best time being a youngster and experiencing all of this cool stuff!

Swap Head Beetlejuice (Mine): For a while back in the day when I just got these guys, I was like, what :?: There's no regular headed black &amp; white checker Bettlejuice? Well, not long after that I came up with the idea of swapping the heads of Spinhead &amp; Showtime Beetlejuice and walla, I had the variant I wanted :shock:  It was a little cool yet cryptic trick that made a 9 and half year old Brandon proud :) I believe this was My first kit-bash figure I ever made of this nature :o    

Size Comparison: Here is Beetlejuice along with previously seen Peter Venkman and to be showcased later Shadow Wing Batman 89 :!:

A Michael Keaton meeting :? Bruce Wayne/Batman meets Beetlejuice - he played both characters and Kenner made both of them!

Group Shot!

SUPER SPECIAL GALLERY!

Here is 1 toy that I got from Burger King called the Uneasy Chair. It is really cool. Shame I didn't get the others, I think My local BK ran out of them like a lot of burger joints do fast. This was inspired from the cartoon animated series.

Here is a classic commercial of it, gosh I loved being a part of the BK kids club, it was awesome when they had TMNT too 1990!

This showcase wouldn't be complete if I didn't show off My Beetlejuice VHS Tape! My Grandma got Me this as well for Me during that same Christmas from Televideo, a really cool video rental outlet. Amazing all of this stuff in 1990, that was a good year, one of the last good years though but a very memorable one none the less :)

WOW, that concludes My great 2 part Spooky figure showcase for Halloween. I hope you enjoyed all of this. Don't forget to check out My great part 1 which was The Real Ghostbusters and everything else you may have missed :) More terrific vintage action figures coming soon, until then I'll see you around 8)
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:37 am

Man, it is insane the collection you have. I mean, I had a lot of toys when I was a kid, I just don't still have them. Believe it or not, these were two cartoons/toylines I never really got in to. I don't know what it was, I've said it elsewhere, but the Ghostbusters cartoon just didn't do much for me, and by the time Beetlejuice came out as a cartoon, I wasn't watch as many. But I still watch the movies. Seeing the Beetlejuice characters makes me want to watch it again.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:42 am

Well thanks PB, I try to surprise people with My collection. I do look upon it from those times and try to reminiscent it as much I can. I do have a lot but there are still certain ones that I still want that was unable to acquire then. I do hope I can make that happen soon.

Well good, if you got Beetljuice handy go ahead on any format and can watch it, I say it's a great classic film to watch around/on Halloween ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:35 am

OK, very surprisingly I just found some stuff that I wasn't expecting to find. I will be showcasing them and bonus stuff too as as stuff that I have already planned in advanced sometime in the near future :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Kenner Update!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:40 am

So I just found some extra Ghostbusters & Beetlejuice items in storage that I thought were apropos in a special update, without further ado here it is :o

Ecto-1 Instructions! :!:

Bonus Kenner Action toy Guide :!:

Golden Coloring Book :!:

NOW Comics' TRGB Comic :!:

Now moving on to Beetlejuice! I was really surprised that I found ALL of the BLISTER CARDS in 1 box, I am gonna milk this one so look at all of this really cool & classic Kenner Beetlejuice goodness :batshock:

There is a nice look at some of the Beetlejuice figures & items I couldn't get before.

Here is a look at the price tag of Ben Franklin's store I spoke about previously plus a look at the Kenner/Tonka info :!:

And here is a special Beetlejuice figure display with the Blister Cards as their background :wwgrin:

Well, that's all for now, next up will be a similar one but will be a big update of Captain Power as I have found some really awesome stuff from that series and look for that really soon, until then I'll see you around :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:17 pm

Oh, I always loved Captain Power even though the show hasn't aged well. A few years ago it was on an digital channel around here on Saturday nights, and boy, the special effects don't look so good anymore. I can't belive you still have cardbacks and instructions. That's impressive. Those things were gone within minutes aro7nd here.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:45 pm

Holy BALLS do you have an awesome collection! Besides all the plastic righteousness I especially like the Kenner Action Guide listings…always loved those little fliers and boy do I miss them and the JC Penny Christmas catalogs; I used to live for those come this time of year
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions