Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: REMCO Defenders!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:29 pm

So we here go. My next update is gonna be a dandy and one of many that I was anticipating to present. This is going to be the military series' by none other than REMCO! I will also showcase a special and unusual bonus as well. So, REMCO was an older toy company that went out of business many years ago unfortunately. They produced many toys & items for toddlers as well as their own brands of action figures in the army, sci-fi and fantasy genres in the 80s that were very reminiscent of other popular & more famous toy lines such as MOTU & G.I. Joe. They did however have actual licenses like AWA Wrestling, DC & Marvel, Sgt. Rock, Universal Monsters, Lost in Space, Star Trek, Arachnophobia among others. They went bankrupt and then sometime later they were purchased by Jakks Pacific whom as also took-over another great company (arguably My favorite of all-time) called Trendmasters which also had sadly a similar fate like REMCO did. I honestly thought they were a very good company that held their own.

During the time when I was collecting Hasbro's G.I. Joes, I also found series' that was very similar like them in 1/18 scale and truth is I like them EVEN BETTER and really I still do to this day simply because IMO they have some features that Joes lacked throughout much of the RAH era. They have detachable rubber knives and stuff like that + some awesome cryptic features as well. Many collectors think that these are knockoffs and/or bootlegs but I beg the differ, sure, they didn't have the fancy artwork and bios nor a cartoon & comics like the Joes did but the characters, I found them to be really fun. I sometimes call these guys REMCO Joes. These guys consist of multiple series' and the figures were repackaged and re-branded with Commando Force, Desert Patrol, American Defense, The Ninja Strike Force, and most importantly the US Forces: Defenders of Peace! The years these great series's were in production & and in the action figure isles was 1986 - 1992. My Grandma got Me all of these guys mostly from K-Mart. I believe they were mostly sold there and mostly considered to be an exclusive to that department store.

OK, here they are. Please note like a lot of My collections, they are not complete and are worn by Me playing hard with them back in the day (I crossed them over with My Joes as extra cool characters when I was a kid), not taking care of them and due to age. This is not My entire collection of these guys, I have some others that I misplaced which if I come across them in the future I will be sure to update this section! I also may have placed the wrong weapons with the wrong characters but these are indeed the same weapons that was included with them however. Otherwise these guys are in OK shape! Here they are with My brief commentary!

US Forces: Defenders of Peace, S.I.T. (Strategic Intelligence Team, and Villains!

Protector: This guy has always been a favorite. He is kinda basic but very heroic looking at the same time.

Airman John: He is really cool, a combo of an air-force pilot, a tanker and a spaceman!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:31 pm

Slugger: Oh boy, one of My faves, I gotta have a guy that loves baseball. There is nothing like having a good old fashioned baseball bat as your choice of weapon! I love his shades and jersey!

Touchdown: Ah, a merc that is a football player! Boy "Fridge" Perry, you got company now!

Major Reckoning: Yep, REMCO's answer to Gung-Ho! Look at those tats, gosh is great looking!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:32 pm

Forrest Green: Wow, I always liked this guy. This guy was really camouflaged and took green for granted before all of this "green stuff" was even a thought!

The Fish: Yes, a great looking scuba-diver. I love his color scheme!

Ninja Star: This is the masked version. REMCO made some great ninjas for some other lines in larger scale so they had to make a really cool looking ninja for this one as well.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:32 pm

Dragon: This guy is quite fun. I love combatants that has this type of appearance. His face has always reminded Me of a Wolf-Spider!

Trenchcoat:  Yep, your classic big time looking drug dealer of the 80s &amp; 90s. I love his face!

Swamp Man: Uh oh, The Fish's' arch-rival! Gosh, he looks bad, like demon bad!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:33 pm

The Wolf Man: This figure is just awesome! This is something that IMO Hasbro lacked. Kinda reminds Me of SNK has advantage over Capcom in many ways. Anyway, this guy changes at will. In a special section I will "REVEAL" his secret!

Control: This evil tech doctor/cyborg is truly a great figure. Look at the left arm :shock:  Like The Wolf Man, he has a secret that I will reveal momentarily!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:33 pm

SPECIAL BONUS ENTRY!

Marc Kaboom Walters: This guy was made Olmec in 1989. Olmec was a different company that focused on African-American and Latino characters. They just didn't make G.I. Joe inspirations but they also made their own MOTU version as wells called Sun-Man (unfortunately I do not have any of them)! Anyway, this guy is from the series Bronze Bombers has different articulation than the REMCOs as he doesn't have bicep cuts but is still 3 3/4" tall. I remember when Me and Grandparents were out like usual and I saw that figure earlier and didn't get him then I felt bad that I didn't and My Grandpa was like why do you want that figure? I wanted him cause I like diversity! So we went to back to K-Mart and My Grandma got Me him. I love the color and the design of his attire. Overall he is a decent figure.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 pm

BONUS GALLERY & MORE!

Copyrights like I always like to show!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:35 pm

The Wolf Man & Control's SECRET FEATURE!

They are actually duel sided heads/double headed/faced/two-faced! You simply turn their heads and walla!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:36 pm

Olmec vs. REMCO!

''The Fridge'' meets The Slugger!

Brandon the Brigader meets Marc Kaboom!

G.I. Joes vs. US Forces &amp; Bronze Bombers!

Size Comparison - Captain Power, G.I. Joe &amp; US Forces!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:37 pm

REMCO Group shot!

REMCO with Olmec!

Well there you have it, I hope you have enjoyed this very special update! Let Me know your thoughts please :)

So what is next? Well, I will continue to feature REMCO but I will mix it up as I will showcase some of My most prestige MOTU figures by Mattel and will showoff My prized Warrior Beasts by REMCO and compare them together along with some bonus stuff :bounce:  Oh it's gonna be radical :o  That will be soon, until then, I'll you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions