Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DCUC: DOOMSDAY IS HERE!

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DCUC: DOOMSDAY IS HERE!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:05 am

This is My collection of My DC Super Heroes/DC Universe Classics/DCUC! Now, unlike My JLA-U, this is My whole collection, it is not complete so you will see some major characters that is not present but I feel it is a decent collection none the less.

Now, these gain are made by Mattel, they really milked the DC licence since Hasbro's great days ran out and quite frankly did a great job overall despite questionable choices and disappointing reasoning on cancelling the lines. These guys came out about 2006/2007 with some others in the earlier years of the 2010s. The series was intentionally to compete against ToyBiz' famed Marvel Legends albeit the series was already a success since around 2002.I remember the hype of the DCUC when it was originally announced and I thought I'd give them a shot and see how they are cause I've always preferred DC over Marvel regardless that I still collected their figures from the early 2000s like movie versions of the newly "rebooted" Marvel "obsession" of the X-Men & Spider-Man (still the craze raids on). Of course I loved the original Marvel figures in the early 90s (still My faves) and their awesome WCW & TNA figures of the 90s & 2000s (some of the greatest wrestling figures ever made IMO and soon look for a special topic that I will showcase them!). So, I read the reports & saw some reviews here and there thus letting Me know that they hit the store shelves (still during a cool time of actually going to a figure isle at a department outlet and seeing fun on the pegs and still somewhat affordable because all of this insane nonsense pricing that is going on today as I speak) and lo and behold at My local Target they are! I just flipped out about them because they looked really good & quite refreshing to see some awesome DC figures back in the action figure toy isle since the days of Kenner! I'm like gosh, these do look impressive. So I My first ones was Batman, the Scarecrow, Killer Croc V1 & Bane plus Superman. So I opened them up and thought they were great. Their not ultra articulated like the MLs but IMO they looked just as good with major detail and were just as fun to display. I then got some at Big Lots! of all places (yep, see what you can get there) and some special editions @ MattyCollector. I recently sold most of My MLs to get some vintage figures you have seen in some of My other topics which I do not regret however I do regret not collecting more of these DCUCs.

OK, moving on to the figures, to My surprise, many of these are inspired by the DC Super Powers designs and other retro appearances as well (Super Powers is My faves) as some rather recent depictions. Here is My showcase of the DCUC in a special order!

BATMAN!

The Scarecrow!

Bane!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue May 18, 2021 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: DCUC: DOOMSDAY IS HERE!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 am

Killer Croc - V1!

Killer Croc - V2: I have always loved this design over the humanoid mutant version. Awesome inst't he

THE HUNTRESS!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:08 am

Superman!

Supergirl: Note: Thems are rubber-bands to make her ankles stiff.

POWERGIRL: Arguably My fave figure on the entire collection, I am so glad that Mattel & the Four Horsemen didn't skip her bustyness as it it pays true to her some of her great appearances!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:09 am

Lex Luthor!

Braniac!

Bizarro - V1!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:11 am

Bizarro - V2: Now, he came in 2-pack of DCUC vs. MOTUC with Battle- Armor Faker, the false He-Man! Now it was an exclusive to Toys "R" 'Us exclusive. It was rather cheap @ only $19.99. I really just got to get Faker because I already had Bizarro and Faker was a super edition that I really needed as faker is one of My fave MOTU characters of all-time! Now not disregard this version, he did include an exclusive chain medallion around his neck. I have taken a pic of the second version of Bizarro and also have put together a pic of them two together in original packaging and credit goes to the respected sources.  

---------------------------------------------------

BONUS UPDATE 5/25/21!

Here is My Battle Armor Faker which I have bashed him long ago and made him King Battle-Armor Faker :batgrin:

---------------------------------------------------

DARKSEID!

DOOMSDAY - V1: I couldn't get the original one but was able to get the "Red" version @ the BBTS!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue May 25, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:12 am

DOOMSDAY - V2: Oh My gosh this was the MattyCollector exclusive that that was so sought after. I remember how much I wanted him since Doomsday if My fave DC villain. He could out during the middle of 2014. This is his "Containment" depiction and it is really completely full of grandeur as Mattel when they really, and I mean really wanted to put work into a figure, they could do it superbly! His size is enormous compared to the rest of the figures and I just love sculpting as it is superb and I just love the over design of him and the way he feels as a figure whole entirely and he is one of My greatest figures in any of My collections. I remember there was tier to subscribed of a series and if it would meet the needed quota of subscribers (which always got Me, a billion dollar + company with limitations like this...I can't help but shake My head and think how ridicules that was years ago for their lines) we would get the "Battle Damaged" version but unfortunately it didn't meet the required numbers on the meter so they scraped it all together...or did they :? :!: :batconfused:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:13 am

DOOMSDAY - V3: YES, they actually gave into us believe it or not after tons of backlash and released the "battle damaged" version under the DC Signature Series :batshock: His sculpting is just extraordinary. He shares the same buck as his previous figure from months prior but has a ton of new material. Like his other self, he matches the the first great comic book appearance nearly identically! I was able to get in in November on Cyber Monday in 2014 and he is just a great figure and one of My fave of all in any collection :batgrin:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:14 am

DC COMICS Unlimited bonus! So, during sometime in 2013, I found out about this new "additional" series. I was only interested 2 figures because they are in scale and shared the bodies as the MOTUC. I wanted them to be part of Masters of the Universe and so here they are!

Batman!

Darkseid!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:15 am

Special Bonus stuff!

DCUC Stands: These were found exclusively at MattyCollector. I got a ton of the because you never know if your gonna needs them or not :smgrin:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 am

Great packaging & Artwork!

Comparisons

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue May 18, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel