Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wingnut's customs

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Wingnut's customs

Postby wingnut1969 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:08 pm

Aquagirl

Been sitting on this for a while. I can't decide if I should repaint the arms to get them closer to the flesh tone of the original figure.

Anyway:
This is straight up a blue Supergirl repaint. I molded the collar and the shells on her boots. Because the Supergirl I used has the the long sleeves with the cuffs on her hands I decided to give her arm bands. I also opted out of the black "coral" design on her costume thinking it could go horribly wrong if not done right plus I think she looks pretty good without it.

I don't know if I should do another one. I don't really like repeating myself but I would like to have another to go with the Titans display as this one is earmarked for my Aquaman display - I REALLY need to get on the stick and do the Aqualad figure I've been procrastinating about to go with her. I've thought about doing another Troia to go with my Wonder Woman display but have never seriously pursued it.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun May 09, 2021 6:45 pm

That’s a slick job right there...I think the skin tone is similar to the animated style. The seashells are brilliantly done...wanna see more of the display you’re talking about.

Nice work
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Mon May 10, 2021 6:08 pm

Wow. Super nice job there, wingnut. I really love what you did with the whole thing.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wingnut1969 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:35 pm

Zatanna

And here we have Zatanna, fresh off the assembly line. She is largely a Silk Spectre figure - head, upper torso and arms - with Star Sapphire legs and a Huntress cape. I molded the collar and the headpiece. I wanted to use an actual Zee head but it didn't fit properly on the neck and damn near broke the back neck piece off when I tried pulling it off - discouraging to say the least - that was also the second one in a row that a custom did not go as i envisioned - double discouraging - so it forced me to slam on the brakes. Anyway. I finally pulled myself - and the pieces - together and finished her up. I hope you enjoy her as much as I did bringing her to you - when things went right! Only problem is now I have to update my Hawks and JLA pics to showcase the new look.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:10 am

Really good stuff my friend!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:44 pm

Great work on Zatanna :bgthumbs:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:12 pm

Great sculpting work and everything. Looks beautiful!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wingnut1969 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:11 pm

Aqualad

He's straight up an Aqualad Young Justice body with a Cap Jr. head. I figured what better figure to make Aqualad with than with an Aqualad figure. Nutty I know. I had to cut off the fins on his legs and file it out "evenly" and put some molding on his feet to cover his toes.

He has been sitting around for quite a while. I just couldn't find it in me to get to work but . . . I really wanted to get him done since I made the Aquagirl.

I had tried using a Robin several years ago because I liked the short-shorts and the gloves but the pixie boots and sleeves proved to be too much for my meager skills and abandoned it.

And thank you everyone for the kind words on behalf of my efforts. It means a lot and helps boost my confidence in this arena allowing me courage to try bigger and, hopefully, better things.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby wingnut1969 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Vril Dox of L.E.G.I.O.N.

I used a Samurai figure for the body because of the vest I thought it worked well for my intentions and the YJ Aqualad head I had left over from making my Aqualad figure - The head is kinda tight so maybe a black shirt Superboy head would be a better choice if someone else out there has any ambitions on doing the figure.
wingnut1969
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:22 pm

Awesome job on all of these, wingnut! Nice clean paint work!
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs