Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: WILLOW 1988!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:59 am

Willow with Alora Danan: I didn't even know about this little figure set existed till the mid 2000s! I got it at Toyzz (I believe their still in business but has totally changed), a characteristic web store that had really rare things but was really good as I had bought many items there that is quite rare nowadays. So, the Willow figure is the same exact figure as the other one but the absolute major difference is he includes a removable backpack/harness with a baby Elora Danan in it! She herself is removable and has a really good likeness to the infant seen in the movie. When I got them it really brought back the nostalgia of how great it was then and what I had been missing all of this time!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:00 am

THE CREATURES

The Troll: This little creature is arguably one of My favorites of all the standard figures. His figurine depiction is very movie like and his sculpting is really nice as his body looks furry and smooth in the parts it should. I love his little pose ready to scare & grab his next victim.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:00 am

The Eborsisk: Oh WOW! The malevolent troll mutated & transformed into an two-headed evil dragon known as the Eborsisk! Now, much like the Willow figure with Elora, I didn't know that this awesome figure even existed! OK, let's go down a little of trivia lane. In the mid 2000s I was searching on eBay for figures, probably MOTU 200X figures from the original line but I'm really not sure if that is the case though then I came across some Willow figures and there he was, the Eborsisk! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I'm like is this legit? So I did My research and yep, its a legit & official figure that I had no idea that was ever made till now. It was the only one that was available there and it was an auction for $19.99 with no bids. It was ready to be over I believe in about a day or so and I was so hoping that nobody would mess Me up and snipe it. Holy cow I won it with NO BIDS for $19.99 + shipping!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy that I did it. So I got him within several days and I was so pleased because he was basically brand new in the box as the previous owner took very good care of him for all of the years prior. I was so stoked to get out My Willow figures after over a decade of them being one of My all-time favorite action figure series'. So, he has a really nice box with some great new artwork of the creature on it plus some stills & info of the actual figure within it. I like how the there is a child playing with the figures to show you examples of the playability of these great figures and too show you how it was then. Also, it has a brief cool story about the dragon on the back with some of the figures to get as well as some vehicles with steed (I didn't know about the rides too but really I was never really interested in them after this). OK, Eborsisk was just in the box loose but he is in such great condition. I love everything about him. Out of many of My vintage figures across many. many lines, the Eborsisk is one of My favorites of all as I feel his design and overall quality overshadows most and is even arguably give the most impressive modern figure a run for their money...bar none IMO! Now, his sculpting is just tremendous. It's so life-like and near movie accurate. His necks are articulated swivels. His material is of a soft plastic nearing kinda rubber. He has little patches of fuzz on both of his necks down to his back. His heads & faces look so great with little ear holes (I've always thought he looked like a strange Parakeet(s) ever since I first them in the movie) and the paint applications are crisp with no bleeding as his teeth & eyes look clean. His front limbs both move up & down at the shoulders. Now, here is the cool bonus thing about him. Tonka went the extra mile here with extra designing him a lower body! Yes, in the movie he is seen very immobile as it appears his has no lower half and smoke is just coming out of his body like a hot steam pipe. I love his big, pudgy belly and his new additional six limbs & tail along with a big engraved Tonka logo. He is now an octopod. Well, the Eborsisk for about a decade in a half has been one of My most prized winnings/purchases of ever of all-time on eBay or on the web for matter!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:01 am

SPECIAL GALLERY

Assembly

Card Example: Note how good it looks. This is from My Willow & Alora set. I learned to "clean-cut" the bubbles to rather just rip them open so they look good!

Price Sticker/Tags: A lot of people don't want nothing to do with with'em but I beg the differ. I am a man whom loves the past and seeing how all of the insanely priced figures are in this current era, these remind Me of a much more affordable & simpler time when stores like Venture, K-Mart, K-B & K&K toys was the funnest places to be back in the 80s & 90s.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:01 am

The Horse Riders

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:02 am

Scenes

High Aldwyn, Willow and Alora

Madmartigan & Sorsha

Madmartigan & Airk

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Airk vs. General Kael

Madmartigan vs. General Kael

Mother vs. Daughter

The Armies of Willow

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Willow vs. The Troll

The Rebels vs. The Eborsisk!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:04 am

FACTIONS

The Rebels

The Nockmaar Army

Super Group Collection Shot!

Gosh, that was a lot :shock: I hope you have enjoyed this. Questions & comments please if you got'em! I will have tons more of vintage action figure & toy goodness coming your way soon so please stay tuned. Till next time I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Tango X » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:30 pm

Love these. Big fan of Willow flick. Crazy I did not even know they made so many of these guys.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions