Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Cheetah II (Debbi Domaine) pg. 31

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:12 pm

Man, packer. This looks so good. You did an amazing job on the makeup. Super clean line work.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks, guys. It's probably the most extensive work I've ever done along the eyes as far as eyeliner and makeup go. First time I really attempted a good blush on the cheeks, too. Learned a few new tricks this time around. Sad to see her go. :wwsad:

I love the last picture, too. I've had that image in my head since I started the custom, and I'm glad it turned out the way I wanted.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:14 pm

That's ankickass Cheetah!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 pm

She looks perfect, pb! You really knocked this one out of the park. That last photo of Deb leaping at Diana is a great snap!!
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Thanks, PA! That last photo is one of my favorite custom shots I've ever taken.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Packerbacker Customs Bill & Mikaal's Excellent Adventure pg.

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:13 am

Admittedly these guys weren't really high on my to-do list, but when Ken talked about the Neca Planet of the Apes Luca I figured I wasn't going to wait fifty years like the Justice League to add an ape to my gang. Every team should have an ape on it really. And since I was making Congo Bill it only seemed logical to make his buddy at the same time, thus increasing the JLA shelf by not one, but two. Didn't hurt that neither was terribly complicated besides painting. You can't tell but I tried to blend in some oranges and wheats on Bill, but it doesn't show well in the images. And with Mikaal I dry brushed the denim and I think it came out pretty good for the first time ever trying to paint denim. So here's Congorilla and Mikaal Tomas Starman as they appeared in James Robinson's Justice League run just before the Ew52.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Bill & Mikaal's Excellent Adventure

Postby Ken Davis » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Right on!
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Awesome job on both, packer. Did you actually embed something glossy into his chest for the sonic crystal? It actually looks shiny!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Yeah, its a craft gem I stole from my daughter. Shhhhhh.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:35 pm

One of the reasons I enjoy Robinson as a writer is his willingness to reach out and use characters like these two during his run. Their friendship was definitely a cool aspect of the book. You have done a great job bringing both of them to 3D reality. The denim looks really good, and kudos on stealing things from your child. :D been there, done that, got caught :oops:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs