Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam T.E. Sega 32X!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam Sega CD!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:46 pm

The 90s were really the only time I was interested in the NBA, and man, was this game a big reason why. Arcade and at home, this game was one everyone loved to play. I probably played this a ton at Putt Putt. boomshackalacka!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam Sega CD!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:19 am

That's great to hear that PB. Yes, the 90s was such a time. Thanks for checking this out :) I'll be showcasing My Sega Genesis 32X Version soon so stay alert for that ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam T.E. Sega 32X!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:47 am

Oh man so now here we go with My NBA Jam for My Sega Genesis 32X which is still My fave video game console of ever of all-time...look at this splendid logo collage that I made right here :)

Here's this NBA Jam Title Screen :!:

Now, unlike the Sega CD NBA Jam that I showcased a short while ago...

this is a different game, it's the NBA Jam T.E.: Tourniquet Edition which is arguably the best of the two originals. It's an updated version as well as a sequel in the great sporting series. Think of it like how Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 was to each other.

It has even more wilder jumps & jams :!:

Here's two Advertisements. I love how the first one of the Arcade says JAMDAY '95 FEB 23, this is only an example as to why 1995 was such a cool & fun year. The second one which says about the game We Pumped Up The Jam was sweet too :) they both speak of the consoles which was SNES, Genesis, game Gear, Saturn, Playstation and PC.

Here's a Sweepstakes Ad and a Atari Jaguar Ad. Man I would have loved to play that version :shock:

Okay, so here's My actual Game. As you see the cover is far different than the Sega CD Version in many ways. Here's the front & back of the Protective Case :)

Here's a close-up of the that very cool Official NBA Hologram Sticker :)

Now here's a close-up of the back of the Box's description and gameplay.

A look at the updated Roster :!:

Here's a close-up of the important info including the 1994 & 1995 Copyright. Like I always say and I hope people is heading this, not even the "supposed" experts say to look for the Copyrights because they can help you identify whom made what & when. I've been doing this since I was a youngster, long before the web :!:

Okay, now here's the inside of the Case as you see the Game Cartridge and & Instruction Booklet.

Here's the Cartridge. I just love how the 32X Cartridges look. Their still My fave :)

I just love how Acclaim sculpts their Logo into the back of it...

as well as the Case itself :)

So now here we go inside the Instructional Booklet. I just love these. Kids today and even young adults probably don't know how games were yesterday, I hope that there's still younger people that wants to know the past cause when I was young I loved looking at these books as much as I did playing the games themselves plus they smell very good too :) Here's the Table of Contents.

Here's this about the Sega Genesis 32X System and more.

Here's the Rosters & Divisions during when Basketball was still basketball :!:

Now here's this. An Ad of the NBA Jam Music Video :shock:

It was only $14.98 at your local video retailers. Unfortunately none of Mine in My area had this, if I would have seen it it would have snagged this up in a hurry :roll: It was by NBA Video CBS Fox :o

Here's the Acclaim Hotline & Customer Service and the 1994 & 1995 Copyrights, again always, always check those Copyrights, their more important than what you think they are ;)

Now as I shown before with My NBA Jam Sega CD as well as My NFL Quarterback Club 32X that they have the great WWF Raw Video Game Ad on the backs of the Booklets. Here's this on that one the NBA Jam 32X T.E. Tournament Edition has :)

Here's a close-up of the Wrestlers, I love that picture of Yokozuna and again, it was cool that they made Kwang a hidden character to play as hence why he is there with Bret Hart :batwink: This is the only version of the game that features him so the 32X edition was a must have :!:

The game also had new moves as well :)

Okay, here's a WWF Raw Comparison between the Sega CD & 32X Versions, you can see many differences :) Notice Owen Hart isn't on the 32X Version however he still is in the game :)

Okay, now if you wanted to see NBA Jam T.E. with My previously showcased NFL Quarterback Club here it is, I took the pictures in a before & after style this time :)

Now here is NBA Jam T.E. with WWF RAW & Mortal Kombat II. Like I showed with My Sega CD NBA Jam, WWF Rage in the Cage & Mortal Kombat CD, here's another pure example of pure great fun in the 90s :)

Now here's a comparison of the NBA Jams for Sega CD & 32X. Gosh I love seeing these together of these very fun times :)

Wow, there's My showcase of NBA Jam T.E.:Tournament Edition for My Sega Genesis 32X and I hope you liked it and were a bit surprised ;) Next I will have a special Video Game Magazine that has it's 30th Anniversary this month that features NBA Jam, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Toy Discussions