Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Great WWE Purge Continues...Spring Cleaning '24

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

The Great WWE Purge Continues...Spring Cleaning '24

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:04 pm

Wow, I have no words. No idea what the hell Nick Con and Vince are doing over there. They may as well board up the windows over at NXT. Today's releases include...

-Bobby Fish
-Bronson Reed
-Jake Atlas
-Ari Sterling
-Kona Reeves
-Leon Ruff
-Stephon Smith
-Tyler Rust
-Zechariah Smith
-Asher Hale
-Giant Zanjeer
-Mercedes Martinez
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: The Great WWE Purge Continues....

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:47 pm

The only good part about this is NXT has a 30 day no compete instead of 90 (see Tommy End) and 30 days from now would mean they're eligible to work for other companies starting Sept 5th which just so happens to be the same day as All Out and it wouldn't surprise me to see a few of these as surprise entrants in the battle royales. Certainly, Merceded Martinez and Bronson Reed would do well there, but I'd also like to see some of these names land in places like Impact as they can use an influx of talent. Hell, 2 hours of Impact is way better than 3 hours of Raw most weeks and they don't have tenth of the talent on their roster.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:41 pm

WOW, I just got online here I saw this SHOCKING NEWS FROM YOU FIRST and I AM SHOCKED. Are they insane? I guess they want to kill NXT? I mean 205 is pretty much dead I mean heavyweights wrestle there now! I mean that was the main roster's back up for crying out loud! I mean since they annihilated the jobber/enhancement/local/Jo-Blo talent long ago I don't know what they'll do now :o I guess Vinnie Mac wants to really save a buck? Maybe for Lesnar? I hope not for the huge sellout The Rock...please no :roll:

Here is My quick thoughts on those released:

-Bobby Fish - Just saw him in NXT, looked really jacked and fought Roderick Strong. I was wondering why this match wasn't saved for a Takeover or big NXT event :roll:

-Bronson Reed - He was just a champ, he was built up so much...why release him?

-Jake Atlas - One of the big names from the cruiserweight tournament last year... again why?

-Ari Sterling - WHY? They had something with that guy, reminded Me of Kid Kash from ECW. He even dyed his hair and wore his attire the same color of 205 LIve...he could have done the same with Raw & Smackdown...so stupid to release him!

-Kona Reeves - Actually I'm not surprised because I haven't seen him since he was in the NXT crowd early last year. They could have done so much with him and they did nothing! So foolish!

-Leon Ruff - A replacement for Lio Rush and had that shocking push now he's gone? WHAT :?: :?

-Stephon Smith - Really don't know him, he was a ref as well as a wrestler. Still a shame.

-Tyler Rust - Again, they built him up with the group Diamond Mine. I mean I kept on thinking this guy looks like a mixture of Simon Pegg & Jeff Gaylord but he seemed like a really good talent.

-Zechariah Smith - What a shame about him, he was a a really big tall guy that WWE needed and they screwed it up!

-Asher Hale - He was cool, saw him on 205 a few times. He was unique. Shame.

-Giant Zanjeer - WHAT :o WHY :?: You just made up this faction with Jinder Mahal with Shanky & Veer. Wouldn't it have been obvious to have this ideal monster as your major solution? And where is Saurev and did they him & Veer up?

-Mercedes Martinez - This is the most disappointing release of them all. I am a huge Mercedes Martinez fan, I've followed her for years and IMO she was one of the women that started the "true" women's wrestling revolution on the indy scene. I wanted her to get the NXT title so bad and look now :roll: :x I think she may have really regretted leaving AEW and I hope she goes back there and redeems herself :roll:

WOW, just wow. Over the years seems like Vinnie Mac just wants to end his company. NXT was number one for a long time, I guess the overall attention and and money wasn't good enough. I mean NXT is just another brand, not another company. he knows this right? Maybe he has this secret agenda against HHH? Of course Talent Relations John Laurinaitis is the one that sent out the e-mails. I tell ya, I don't know what is going on but Vinnie has been influenced so much by Kevin Dunn its arguably the most ridicules thing ever in wrestling and hiring this Nick Khan was such bum-steer, I mean he is doing the complete opposite of Tony Khan! With all of these releases this year, It's looking as bleak if not as worse as last year's Black Wednesday...remember that?

INSANE :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smsmh:

------------------------------

I just saw your new post Packer when i was previewing Mine, you could be right. I hope they all land jobs @ AEW & Impact. Like you said, I think TNA needs more than AEW. All Out would be idea for at least a couple of these names to show up there so we shall see about that. Heck, they could get all these guys and have a major crossover like we were talking about previously :idea:

It's just unbelievable, just unbelievable about all of these WWE/NXT releases :wwsmh:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:17 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:50 pm

Did you make that? :lol: :batlol: :wwlol: :smlol:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:53 pm

Yeah, for Twitter but thought I share it here as well
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:59 pm

Thanks for sharing you pic. It's kinda sad but it's funny too. Good job Packer :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:36 am

I guess when you don't have a lot of money you have to make cuts to pay Oldberg and Lesnar somehow.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:26 am

I guess but I don't get it, he made billions off of the Peacock deal :? What is going on :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:47 am

Word is Vince wants NXT to to go back to be a developmental territory full of young, new, big guys. Time to stop watching WWE all together IMO. If I'm Adam Cole I'm counting down the days til I can jump ship to AEW.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT