Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Gotham TV Series!

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Gotham TV Series!

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:27 pm

I think it was about as good as it could have been. I thought some of it was a little rough not unlike Agents of SHIELD when I saw the first episode and now I love that show. I thought Edward Nygma's brief appearance was great! I loved the little bits of Selena Kyle thrown in here and there. Penguin is perfect, too. While I wasn't initially sold on Fish Mooney, I kind of like her character. I think you need some new characters to tie in some of the story and also so you can kill them off later and try remaining fairly faithful to the source material. The implied past lesbian relationship between Renee and Barbara was a bit soap opera to me, though. I don't know if this is accurate in some retcon way... but it felt a little forced to me. Other than that, I'm looking forward to the next episode. :wwgrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:35 pm

I thought it was alright... Yeah like PA said a little bit rough. I want to like it but it doesn't feel "colorful" enough for me...? I know this is about Gordon and Gotham but yeah I don't know why. With some of the trailers and previews we got I was expecting something a little more colorful and the villains to be more engaging. I hope they have just given us a little taste and that it will be more interesting later. I like the Falcone character though so far and Penguin is pretty cool too.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:51 pm

I liked it but I didn't love it. I'm hoping that it's going to pick up a bit. Loved Penguin. Loved Riddler. Think Selena's pretty cool. I actually like Fish Mooney. Bullock's great.

Yeah, I think the "comedian kid" is probably supposed to be the Joker, too. They did kind of talk about it in the preview show but whether or not we see him as the Joker remains to be seen.

There was a lot of hype for this series and I agree with Tango. The previews and trailers did a great job making it look like the next great comic inspired TV series. I'm not saying that it failed to deliver but I didn't get into as much as I thought I would. I'm going to need to see more. If nothing else, it got us more Batman Villain Emotes than ever!
:joklol: :cwwink: :ridgrin: :pengrin: :tfgrin: :bookworm: :hsgrin: :bsgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:54 pm

What specifically didn't you guys like about it? What felt "rough"?
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:02 pm

I thought it was a pretty good first episode. It was about what I thought it would be. I wasn't expecting to think it was going to be my new favorite show right off the bat. :batrasp:
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:06 pm

^ I see what you did there. :bookworm:

Avalon some of the acting just didn't feel as polished as I was expecting is all. I still liked the episode but also the characters weren't what I'm used to with Batman and I know this is because it's a before they became super villains thing but I was just expecting a little more substance from them.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:30 pm

And yet here I still wait to watch it. Oh the pesky thing known as timezones.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:35 pm

I have a couple channels that broadcast at different timezones but I didn't know timezone affected air times. I thought you just account for it if you live in a different time zone?? Is it a local broadcast? What channel do you see it on?? :ridgrin:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Well, earliest it airs for me is 8PM (half an hour from now) I have a couple channels that broadcast it, but both are earliest at 8PM. I could be wrong, I'm just figuring it was timezones.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Not sure about Time Zones but it's airing twice here. It's airing again in 20 minutes.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies