Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Curse of 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: The Curse of 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:53 pm

My mother-in-law is a big Michael McDonald fan so I sent that to her and she loved it. The Thriller end puts it over the top. Definitely added it to the Halloween rotation.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 17, 2024 10:35 am

Well that's great Packer, that's good you did that for her :) That was an excellent one by the late great Meat Loaf.

Okay, I've posted some music from The Mothman Prophecies before within this Topic and made a great movie spotlight in My Cryptozoology Topic as well a while back. The CD is one of My faves because it was double CD that was a regular release in 2002 with Disc being songs and the other being score. Here's Half Light by Low & TomandAndy. The woman singing is MiMi Parker. She unfortunately passed away in 2022 during the 20th Anniversary of the movie...when that happen the band became no more :roll: This wonderful song served as the End Credits song of the movie :blww:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:58 pm

That was such I good movie. I need to watch it again.

I know I did a CCR song already this year, but it made me think of this one for a reason. When I was a kid there was there was a block of Hanna Barbera cartoons on Sunday morning call The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera with shows like Yogi's Treasure Hunt, The Paw-Paw Bears, and Galtar, etc. and in between shows they'd also play music videos with HB clips and this is one I always remember...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:19 am

Yes, The Mothman Prophesies is a classic. I said before how I watched the official web page's countdown for weeks. It's truly one of the best movies you can watch whether your into Horror and/or Cryptozoology or not. It really should be a tradition for people for Halloween. I hope you gave that song a chance. My Grandma loved that one. Her attention was always there when I'd play it on the stereo. Like I said, the double soundtrack is fabulous. It's truly one of the best. As I said before, you can discover a new fave by watching & listening to the end credits. I've seen so many people leave the show missing out on such good music for decades :roll: Next time you see the film make sure you don't stop the end credits like so many people do because that Half Light song plays during the End Credits :)

It doesn't matter how many you post from the same artists as long as their good :batwink: That was a cool CCR Hanna-Barbra Music video, I never seen that one before :o

Okay, I just posted 1980's Maniac trailer, here's the great theme by Jay Chattaway. Amazing how this sounds like Silver Bullet as he would use the same type of theme in 1985 :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 18, 2024 8:13 pm

Can't say I've seen that one but pretty creepy music.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:32 am

I don't know that one at all. That had a cool setting.Okay, glad you liked it. So yesterday you posted Maniac Cop, well coincidentally that music is also by Jay Chattaway. Here's is this good Cue :blbat:

I just posted the sequel from 1990 in the Trailers, Chattaway did that one too so here's this :blaq:

I'll more about it tomorrow as he did the third & final one :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 19, 2024 6:58 pm

I knew there was a sequel but never saw it

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussions