Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween III: Season of the Kitsch

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween III: Season of the Kitsch

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:58 am

I think it's the latter I'm afraid :roll: All of these were good. The 1970s & MadTV was excellent.

Okay, I just posted the last Howling movie in the Trailers. Now here's this video explaining what the first sequel could have been. Also the guy mentions Joe Dante. If you don't know who he is. He's a great movie director as he did Piranha, Twilight Zone the Movie, Explorers, Innerspace, Gremlins 1 & 2, The Burbs, Small Soldiers and many more. Dick Miller & Robert Pichardo was in most of his movies, He used Pino Donaggio & Jerry Goldsmith as his composers but mostly Goldmsith. In this video of what could have been look for the interview with Joe Bob Briggs, look at that VHS collection behind him, he's even got WCW Tapes I mean he should, he was on TNT for years :!: Here's the video :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:29 pm

That's interesting. I don't know enough about the movies to really know if that would've been good, but I can imagine how disappointed people who read the book would've been with a completely different sequel due to my experience with Jurassic Park III that I've spoken on before. I don't know why people want to deviate from source material so much just to do their own thing. It's why I lost interest in the MCU pretty quickly and never really cared about the last DC movie universe. Oh well...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:50 am

I know, it's like that with many movies. Roland Emmerich was a good example of making Godzilla 98 "his version" :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: People still complain when a movie is directed by a director who actually knows a franchise and pays homage to the source material in a film whether it's based on a book, game, whatever so you can't win. All of these clips are superb. I love that WGN Universal Monsters. Like he said, it's just not about horror, their icons :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

Here's these :blww:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:29 pm

I remember a lot of those. Some of them I''d forgotten about until recent years. Others I can't say I've heard of like The Pumpkin That Wouldn't Smile. I wish channels still aired Holiday specials. I mean, they still do for Christmas, but not so much the other holidays.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussions