Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween III: Season of the Kitsch

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween III: Season of the Kitsch

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:43 am

Good clips of different varieties. 80s all the way vs. now. Sure, the tech and stuff is great but so many things were better, cooler, meant more, people were much different and it felt good.

Here's Austin Club Kids in 1985 :blsm: :blmm:

Here's Halloween on Sixth Street in Austin, TX in 1988, 36 years ago this year :blbat: :blww:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:35 pm

When I see stuff with mid-80s teenagers I'm glad I was too young for that. I don't want to ahve old pictures of me with eyeliner and Flock of Seagull haircuts, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:13 am

They were having a pretty good time there. IMO the 80s & 90s felt really good and I miss those feelings. Great clips. The GMW was nice and Vince Price looked really cool with that longer hair there :blsm:

So, since Halloween is finally catching on, what about South Africa who is Australia's cousins :?: Well, here's this :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:59 am

We used to have all kinds of crazy decorations. I don't miss the hours it took to set up, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 13, 2024 2:34 am

All of those were terrific. Gosh, that one from 1990 was great. You know I always talk about 1990, what a great year that was for just about everything. Yes, SW wasn't doing much then, it didn't start it's come back till 1993 which is yet another crucial mention for that year. Oh yes, Saddam Hussein, 1990 was when the WWF was doing the war stuff when Sgt Slaughter returned and they were talking all abut Desert Storm...this is when I awoke about war :!: I was amazed there her talking about Dick Tracey. TMNT was huge that year as I have mentioned before. The toyline was fantastic that year as well. That was superb with them TMNT masks. Now that was a totally awesome with that Predator mask. Yeah, those masks were extremely expensive then. Predator 2 came out in 1990 so that's why he's there which was yet another big movie for that year :blmm:

Okay, you posted the Grinch Halloween Special. I wasn't going to post this till later but what the heck. Put this in your like videos on YT so you can watch it whenever. Here's this complete broadcast. My Mom loves it when their complete like this. My Grandparents recorded this for Me long ago in the 80s when I was a youngster. Now your gonna wanna check out the commercials here too. I'll spoil the one that is pretty early on and it's CLUE :shock: Just watch this classic Halloween time :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 13, 2024 3:47 pm

That's the version of Clue we had as kids. I recognize the cards and the board. I honestly don't recall seeing a Halloween Grinch show as a kid. It's certainly now one I'd seen yearly like The Great Pumpkin or Garfield.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:08 am

GREAT :) Okay good, another to have a tradition about :blbat: All of them were good. That was a great one there of the shows lineup. Show Me from the last several years that can top that :shock: Ah Kolchak: The Nightstalker, that one is so fantastic. You can tell it's by Universal. Me & My Mom has been watching them for a few nights now on Peacock. It's truly amazing watching that classic show in order but darn it, too bad it was only season, they always do that crap to the absolute best shows :roll: I love how every story is different and has that spooky tone and good humor. The show aired in 1974 so this year marks it's 50th anniversary :o :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:56 pm

Spirit is a fun place to go to. Kolchak is terrific. I wish it aired more on TV, it was X-Files before the X-Files.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:17 am

Indeed it is. Yes, you be spot on about that, imagine if it had as many seasons and attention The X-Files did/does :shock:

All of those clips are great. I sure recall that Mickey Mouse. Yep, Norm MacDonald and the 30th Anniversary of OJ is still ongoing. Cool Ghostbusters. That's a nice Halloween report there and as always, I love to see Halloween Safety Tips :) Unfortunately, there's these issues parents & kids have to watch out for :roll:

From your Buffalo area Packer :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:01 pm

Yeah, there's always reports every year about something. Sometimes I wonder if it's just people looking for attention but there are also a lot of sick, deranged people out there.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions