Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Curse of 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: The Curse of 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:21 am

I remember you posting that because I'd forgotten about that song for a bit. It's honestly getting harder to find Halloween songs, so when I come across a good cover, I don't mind sharing it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:10 am

That Gloria Estefan was decent. You never did give Me an answer how you want Me to do it Packer, that's if you still interested in something that would be so cool for you :?: Well, that's a good reason to check out movie scores, I mean if you like Rocky and listen to that theme many times in your trucks I'm sure you'd want more. I know long ago when I was a youngster I sure did when I first heard First Blood, Star Wars, Star Trek, Rocky, among others. There's so much material to find and to listen to especially for spooky music, it's truly has some of the ultimate horror music.. There's not many people out there that knows the stuff like I do out there much less on this board I mean I'm somebody who loves to talk about it. Take for instance this Cue from Scream in 1996. It was Marco Beltrami's first major score. I was like who is this guy then I found out he was Jerry Goldsmith's student that made it to the big time. I was in awe when I first heard his work. He has since become a major horror composer ever since :blbat: This Cue is titled "Trouble In Woodsboro", it's a very iconic Track. Take a listen :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:05 pm

I threw together a CD this morning because we were taking a long drive, but it was all songs with lyrics.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:29 am

Well that's the answer then.

Here's the theme for 87's The Gate. I've always loved this. As I said in the Trailers, The Gate has always been a childhood fave of Mine and the music by Michael Hoenig & J. Peter Robinson has always been a big part of that. You can just hear the spooky 80s during good childhood times :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:30 pm

You could still put an instrumental CD together. Sunday was our 18th wedding anniversary so while the kids were in school we decided to take a drive for lunch so I put together a quick CD of songs I got off piratebay and Youtube.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:24 am

Oh Olivia Rodrigo's Vampire. What a song :blbat:

Well congrats on that big day Packer :) I might, you could just pick & choose what interests you when I post and just build it up. Scream & The Gate are already two fine choices plus The Lost Boys is also great for songs. Here's Pino Donaggio's wonderful score to 81's The Howling. He's very underrated. This is My fave Cue from the whole score. I love the organ & strings instruments.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:12 pm

I just see the Phantom playing the piano at the start of that.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:50 am

I don't know the Specials Ghost Town. Cool though.

Well, I hope you consider it for an entry for a CD. I'm sure it one of countless missing Cues for many Halloween collection. It's always been on My faves and never a one & done, you can't get much better than that. Here's the song from The Howling II: Your Sister is a Werewolf by Babel with Stephen W. Parsons singing :blaq:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:48 pm

Never heard of that song or group.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:00 am

Gosh, I never seen that Rattles before. That looked like The Blair Witch decades before it was even a thought, in fact that would be a great fan fiction prologue to it IMO :blww:

Here' this song from 1987's The Howling III: The Marsupials by Vitamin Z called Wipe Your Tears Away :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions