Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos Death Rematch

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos Death Rematch

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:42 pm

I looked at that one a few days ago but went with something else. Abdullah was certainly unique.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:56 am

Yes, ever since I first saw Abdullah when I was a youngster he instantly became a fave of Mine. Yep, that was Rosemary. As I had mentioned a few days ago already in My PLE Topic about how the TNA stuff is continuing in NXT. I mean you got Jordynne Grace, Joe Hendry, Hammerstone, The Rascals and now Rosemary. Still nobody is questioning anything of this possible partnership with WWE. As exciting as this is, it sure is lackluster storytelling compared to how previous invasions were in the 90s. NXT is very exciting now. The Wes Lee & Zachery Wents feud is so radical and I'm sure Rosemary & Wendy Choo will be doing wonders at NXT Halloween Havoc which is a PLE later on this month :blww:

Now, here's this one. remember when I said I was done with Col. Robert Parker's Stud Stable :? Well, I'm not as I saved this for this time. Parker got The Mongolian Mauler whom apparently is an adult "Black-Eyed Child" :o He very much reminds of a very young Abdullah the Butcher when he physique & style is concerned. Notice "Stunning" Steve Austin there. After you see this head on to the Themes Topic as this will continue and you ain't' gonna wanna miss that :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:44 pm

That was...something. Was that guy even Asian?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:45 am

I doubt it. I really never knew much about him. He only wrestled for a few years and then disappeared and I have no idea what he's doing now.

Ah, Sanity. What a great group they were that was just wasted :roll: With all of the Purge stuff at the time they should have gave them more of a chance but nope :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Here's this great promo with the late great Gary Hart and The Great Kabuki :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:59 pm

I would've loved to have seen more Gary Hart when he was alive. I guess his book is one of the best on wrestling but it's out of print and really expensive.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:01 am

Oh Gary Hart was good but i didn't appreciate when I was youngster :roll:

Ah Bray Wyatt when he came back. That was so cool when this was ongoing. This is how it all started :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:57 pm

That was such a good storyline until they ruined the character with that match with Seth the Saudi. I've no idea what's going on since the Wyatt Sicks debuted. Hopefully it's decent because the stuff with the Mountain Match was pretty dreadful with Bray.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:53 am

Yes, The Fiend was awesome, they really ruined him :? The Wyatt Sicks ain't doing much, already 3 PLEs gone by and they weren't even mentioned, and Halloween is coming and they should be doing wonders by now...so many mis-opportunities and nothing :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Okay, I've talked about Waylon Mercy before and stuff and explained the whole Storey about him and Bray Wyatt and the family and what a shame he wasn't at the WWE 2024 HOF. Well one thing I didn't mention before was Mercy the Buzzard that I posted yesterday. He was named after Waylon Mercy :shock: So, what is Halloween without Bray Wyatt's "Cape Fear" origins and without having the maniacal conman Waylon Mercy whom was one of the best of the new talents in the WWF in 1995 :blbat: Note I never liked it when he smashed that Caterpillar :roll: Make sure to check out the themes too for a great Tron & Theme of Waylon Mercy :blmm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:43 pm

WWE was trying anything in those days, it seems.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:20 am

First I forgot to mention that Terry Funk promo was superb. Yes, they had some great experiential gimmicks, many that I that I thought were good and still remain so classic as I type this. Bray Wyatt's gimmick was just like that when he started out however they altered him into a cult leader with supernatural features.

That time there with Dr. Steven Richards & Abyss was something else. That drug he was talking about is no joke, it. exists. It's been brought out in many movies too :shock:

Okay, remember last year when I posted all of the spooky & fun Dungeon of Doom stuff and I said how it would change after the Doomsday Cage at Uncensored :?: Well, here's an example of it. Hogan was the third man and betrayed WCW. Big Bubba Rogers (Big Boss Man) was now part of The Dungeon of Doom. Sullivan was already starting the feud with Chris Benoit which was like, why are they bring in an affair now too :? When this happen things just wasn't the same anymore. Here's this promo :)

Soon I'll show you how the did "Urban Horror" with the Dungeon of Doom :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc