Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The House of 31 Days of Creepy Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: The House of 31 Days of Creepy Coming Soons

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:51 pm

Haha, Hysterical looks like a trip. I don't know if it's my cup of tea but I'll check into it more. Speaking of films, any suggestions for this year? I typically try not to rewatch the same things from the year previous. I posted what I watched last year somewhere in this thread.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:31 pm

I don't really watch new movies anymore and what I watch this time of year are the classics that re-air on TV. But stop in here, I'm always looking for more old obscure or new trailers for Halloween movies.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:40 am

I don't prefer the new & modern stuff unless it's really good. I prefer the classics way more just like yesterday's eras. Yeah, we post many movie trailers here. I posted a lot last year that I thought would have major interest. In short you can look back there. Any Universal Monster film or series would do nicely including Abbott & Costello. The Dark Universe such as Mummy 99 , Wolf Man 2010, Mummy 2017 etc. would too. Of course any film with Michael Myers, Jason, Freddy etc. Alien & Predator. The Thing. Evil Dead Trilogy. Ghostbusters 1 & 2 despite GBII is a Holiday & New Year's film. As much as I love Kaiju films, only King Kong 1933 & Godzilla 1985 is what I consider horror for Halloween though if you see King Kong 2005 during the second hour when they get to Skull Island and before they capture Kong, now that is a pure horror fest right there especially if you see the extended edition :blaq: The Monster Squad is a must. Sometimes I watch My Science Project for Halloween time but mostly for My B-Day since it's arguably My fave film of ever of all-time. If you don't know that one is then you missed My great spotlight. I've posted a lot of obscurities in My Horror Topic too which I plan on posting more soon :blbat: That's all for now :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:25 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:05 am

I never even knew about that one from 1971 :shock: How about this one since everything is toxic now, people should love this title called Toxic Zombies :o It's also known as Bloodeaters and The Forest of Fear...it came out in 1980 :blaq:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:43 am

Never heard of that one.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:25 am

Winchester looks interesting. Not too many newer horror movies interest me all that much these days. We were going to watch Let's Scare Jessica to Death but we just ended up watching the Perfect Strangers Halloween episode instead where Larry has a nightmare that Balki is an alien from the planet Mypos replacing people with clones that grew out of giant pods a la Invasion of the Body Snatchers. We'll save the movie for another day.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:04 am

Oh Winchester was pretty good. Based on the true Winchester story.

Acid, I replied to what you said about any recommendations. I posted ALL of the Invasion of the Body Snatcher films in My Horror Topic a couple years back. Keep up with us, we're going to post a lot of good stuff in these spooky topics and keeping looking in the Wrestling Promo & Themes, I got a ton planned there especially the Themes :blbat:

Here's 1980's Demented :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:20 am

That was different. I can't blame you for watching that Perfect Strangers episode, it's a classic. It's a shame Mark Linn-Baker never got another big sitcom role, he was so good at physical comedy. If you've never seen the Quantum Leap episode called The Boogieman I would highly recommend it even if you've never seen Quantum Leap before. It's a terrific Halloween episode.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:32 pm

Hey Pb, I definitely remember that Quantum Leap episode. That freaked the heck out of me as a kid. Haven't seen it in decades. Great recommendation. Great trailer posts, too. Haven't seen Demented or Late Night with the Devil. Very interesting picks here. I completely agree with you on Mark Linn-Baker. It puts a smile on my face when I see him pop in in a cameo from time to time, though.

Brandon, that might not be a bad idea to add an Abbott and Costello classic to the watch list this year. It's actually been a while since we watched one, I think. Maybe Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karloff.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions