Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:38 am

I would imagine at least the Dominoes. Thanks for all of the trivia. GMW is pretty good but it really lacks that classic feel BMW did. I mean this was 2014, only 10 years ago this year but I'm glad it was a spinoff and not a reboot. It great seeing the some of the original cast return. They looked pretty good and it was especially good seeing Mr. Finney. I'd like to see more and stuff but let's do what we did before once October 1st is on, take a little hiatus from this Topic if that's ok with you PB because we'll have a lot with the Halloween Topics.

Okay, here's this Schweig Engel from 1980. He's impersonating Mr. T. They did this a lot with movie properties and stuff. Their pretty funny. You'll see more in time :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:53 pm

That was pretty funny, lol. So you don't want more BMW clips until October? Ok, we can do some random clips and I'll just sprinkle in episodes down the line like I sometimes do with Community. But to quote Bad News Barrett,,,

There's just one more Lauren Saga related bit from season 3 of Girl Meets World. If you recall in the last post when Riley heard the story of Lauren she shouted, "So that's why we never go skiing!" Well, in season 3 they do go skiing in a two-parter called Girl Meets Ski Lodge. I won't bore you with the entire episodes because most of it revolves around a love triangle of the girls and Lucas and who he wants to be with, but there's a couple funny bits that tie into BMW that I'll post today and then we can move on and ready ourselves for pumpkin time.

I saw this when it first aired and it was always kind of weird to me because Josh is Cory's younger brother but he was born in season 6 so he's half Cory's age and just a couple years older than the students. But Maya has a crush on him and in these episodes they discusss maybe having a relationship when they're both a little older because he has feelings for her too. But it's kind of weird because if it ever went somewhere and they got married, Maya would then be Riley's aunt, which would be pretty weird if you ask me.

While there the girls meet a night clerk named Evan and as you could probably guess, he and Riley end up staying up all night and talking. And this makes Lukas jealous and upset, but eventually it's revealed that all Riley talked about all night were her friends and Lukas and it was much more innocent than it seemed it everything is fine by the time the second episode ends. Ah, teenage drama.

And then everyone prepares to leave the lodge and we get this for an ending...

Ok, so that brings to a complete close to the Lauren Saga. For now. If you don't want more BMW tomorrow I will find some other random clip to share. Stay tuned!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussions