Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:16 pm

I remember this one, but not as much as the first that I played much more.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:52 am

I never played Songburst, that was cool. I couldn't find the TMNT: Manhattan Project for the NES but here's this duel one of TMNT: Turtles in Time for the SNES & TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist form the Sega Genesis. I know you never had the SNES PB but if you had both systems it was so good to play them both as both games are very similar but vary in many different ways with different characters and story-lines :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:50 am

Don't recall ever playing that one.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:38 am

Gosh, I never seen that Adam West Nestle Nesquik before, that was cool :)

Okay, those came out in 1992 for the SNES & SG...I couldn't find a commercial for TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project but I didn't want to skip that because it's such a radical game so here's this short review as you can see how the game is. It also came out in 1992 for the NES. This is part of the Cowabunga Collection which has all of the original TMNT games in one collection. I'll get to that in time. Oh, before you click the video, take a gander at the thumbnail, I've always loved that picture there with the Triceraton :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:21 pm

I don't recall this game either. I was mostly into sports games by then and maybe the occasional RPG. I remember having these guys, they were pretty simple but fun. I recall the blue and red one the most.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:53 am

Oh yes, I recall the Blue & Red one too. I believe My Mom got Me them when I was little. I may still have that one but I'm not sure. I don't think I've seen that cool commercial before however.

Okay, well what about this TMNT game called Tournament Fighters :?: It came out in 1993 and wasn't a beat'em like the previous ones but it was a fighting game like Street Fighter. I recall renting this at Star Video and being picky about it because I thought it was much lesser compared to Street Fighter despite it was made by Konami who I liked more than Capcom. Now I think it's a wonderful game. Now get this, this was one of the last games ever for the NES. It was also for the SNES & SG. Each version had different characters too so if you wanted to play as certain ones you'd had to choose what system you want :shock: Here's the really tubular commercial :)

Now, here's this bonus. One of the new characters was a female called Aska. This is one of her only appearances in TMNT. She was one of the coolest & hottest females in a Video Game. This video shows you a bit of her history & trivia :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:39 am

Interesting. I can see why she'd be appealing to fans. I wonder if there's even the slightest connect to Asuka? Probably not.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussions