Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:28 am

The Master Blasters didn't last long. Nash would soon become Oz the great & powerful & Blade would become Al Greene. That was such a superbly crazy promo by Cactus Jack. IMO the best times of Mick Foley was in ECW. Remember when you posted Ron Simmons & Too Cold Scorpio and they were talking about Shane Douglas :?: Well, here's this one in ECW with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas and his new girlfriend Sensational Sherri :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:51 am

It's still weird thinking of a solo Road Warrior.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:23 am

Yes, Hawk was on his own for a while there in ECW as well in WCW. Great promo by Claudio. I'm so glad to see he's found himself there because he was really lost in WWE.

Here's a bit more of " Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner & DDP.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:03 pm

Big Bad Booty Daddy. You can see they're trying to be more edgy because of the Attitude Era stuff.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:52 am

Yes, this was during the height of the Attitude Era. That was a terrific promo by Bobby Roode. It was something seeing Hogan in TNA during that era.

Okay, now here's Ahmed Johnson (Tony Norris of football fame). He was like Vinnie Mac's new main guy when he debuted in 95. He was really rough in the ring but he was extremely impressive. This promo comes from the WWF War Zone Video Game. I know he's hared to understand sometimes. People made fin of him with some videos. I may post them later.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:42 am

I actually got that game when I got back into wrestling but he was already gone from the WWF. He didn't seem like the best worker though he sure was built like a house.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:23 am

That's cool. yes, after his time being heel with the NOD was up he went to WCW which was a brief time and then he disappeared. While he had a tremendous physique, he wasn't a great worker a she was injury prone, he hurt his opponents and injured himself too in the process.

That was a really good one by Tony Atlas. Gosh, Valentine's Day, 1979, 45 years ago this year :shock:

Okay, next up is a little history of Duke "The Dumpster" Droese :shock: First, here he is as "The Garbage Man" Rocco Gibraltar. Now this is a very special video. He and his brother (I was never that familiar with him) made this whole video you are about to see with the two VCR trick back in mid 93 I believe. He was already a good wrestler as he turned pro in 1990 wrestling on Independents and even having hardcore bouts :!: He sent the video to the WWF and he got super lucky...(keep in mind there WAS no such thing like OVW, FCW, NXT, only places like USWA, SMW, ECW to get noticed if you weren't in the WWF & WCW), they excepted this and soon he became a WWF Superstar in early 1994, 30 years ago this year :o

I recall this vignette and the hype of "The Dumpster" Duke Droese. It was really cool :)

Here's this quick bout with long time WWF jobber Reno Riggins. His entrance was cool and I really liked hos theme. You can see Droese was quite good.

Unfortunately as good as he was in the ring he didn't have that many good moments. He wasn't a jobber but one of the guys that had a 50-50 record :roll: He's one of the only wrestlers that I recall that did this in a Royal Rumble which this was the 1995 edition :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:35 pm

I can honestly say that was the first match of his I've actually seen. I kind of like the name Rocco Gibraltar better, it's much more clever. He actually wasn't bad in the ring. Like I said over in the themes, if he had debuted more around the time of the Hardcore Title in 1998 I bet he would've had a decent run. Just too soon.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:59 am

Yes, I agree with you there. Such a misopportunity that he could have returned for that time in the Attitude Era :roll:

Oh, the Artist formerly known as Prince Iaukea. That was was pretty cool time there. Iaukea is the son of King Iaukea aka The Wizard aka The Master of The Dungeon of Doom. The Artist's valet was Paisley, one of the Nitro Girls. She was really great looking there. That's Queen Sharmell who is Booker T's wife :shock:

Here is Yellow Dog in 1991 in WCW :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:45 am

Yellow Dog, lol. So I assume that was Brian Pillman?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc