Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:49 pm

I don't even recall that last one coming out but I wasn't really paying as much attention in those years.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:51 am

Huh,that's something that you didn't know about the reboot of Conan the Barbarian. Well, everything posted is really the basics to know. Well glad to hear it PB. If you ever watch it you'll be so glad that you did :) I'm glad they ranked it up high but gosh, even though I've accepted that it was such a obscure movie over 20 years ago, still it's hard to believe that it's forgotten about it I mean it's Touchstone which is Disney for one. I'll never ever forget that moment when I discovered it over at Rainbow Video with My Grandma MiMi when I saw that awesome cover of the VHS Box, that is one of My most cherished childhood moments ever of all-time :)

I've never seen Baby's Day Out but I sure remember the hype.

Okay, before I spotlight more, here's this. I know you love Jim Henson. Back in 2018, his son Brian Henson directed his own Puppet movie called The Happytime Murders starring Melissa McCarthy :o

I saw this at the show. I thought it was very unique and the humor is...well watch the RED BAND TRAILER :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:57 pm

I did see that eventually. I'm not a big Melissa McCarthy fan but the Muppet premise was too much to not check out. I remember it being pretty funny though I can't recall much just a few years later, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:23 am

Okay good. Yes, that's one of the reasons why I checked it out plus the naughty stuff too :batwink: I've never seen They All Laughed, I'm not sure if I even knew about it and that came out in 1981 :shock:

So no movie trailer today and I will say why in a moment. My next spotlight will be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies. The originals and the reboots plus bonues here & there. Now why I'm not starting it today is because this will be a bit of a prolog or premise of sorts. I've spoken of this before so please allow Me to do so again. I had already been a huge TMNT fan since the first figures & animated series came out in 1988. My Mom knew I wanted to see the new live action film so bad as it came out in March, 1990 and the Turtles & more in the movie were created by Jim Henson who I knew for years already with his Sesame Street, Muppets & Fraggle Rock. So around sometime in April she took Me to see it at the Kenrick and I was one happy camper :) Okay, now fast forward to May. I was in the kitchen eating or doing whatever. We had a little TV there. On one of Our local channels which I think it was Channel 11 KPLR because I watched them a lot I mean they had Kaiju films, Freddy's Nightmares, Friday the 13th the Series, Three Stooges & more. On one of the newscasts they reported that Jim Henson had died :o I was like oh no, what happen to him :? Well, I was only 9 when this happen. Here's a couple news reports that is like the one I saw when I was a youngster :roll:

Okay, I've told some stories of Frank "Yoda" Oz was a very close friend of Jim Henson...here's some of what I spoke about previously.

Okay, so enough of this prolog. Tomorrow I will start spotlighting the TMNT movies. Henson's company did the first three and you'll be surpised about some other stuff too :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:56 pm

I saw the first TMNT movie in the theater. I was as big of fan as other cartoons as toys as I was a little older when they came on the scene. I remember being sad when Jim Henson died. He brought so much joy and mirth to the world.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:21 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:38 am

Nate & Hayes looked familiar. I think I saw the preview of it a long time ago and even perhaps saw a tiny bit of the film on TV :? Oh now I know The Touch of Evil, that was one of Charlton Heston's first major films. He was really whitewashed there. Janet Leigh was great there and again, Monroe wasn't the only one, look at Leigh :shock:

Okay, here we go with the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film from 1990. Gosh I have always loved this poster :)

So, the movie has a lot of key elements that was in the animated series like the Turtles themselves & Master Splinter, Casey Jones, The Shredder, April O'Neil and more but there was many things missing like Bebop & Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman, Krang etc. but it was truly terrific. It was cool that Corey Feldman was the voice of Donatello. The work by Jim Henson was superb, he really brought the TMNT to life :)

Okay, now here's some scenes from the film. By time I seen the movie I had seen many, many Martial Arts & Japanese films so I was used to this stuff already not to mention watching the TMNT Animated Series :) Splinter explains to April (Judith Hoag) "the origins".

When Raph get's going with one of his moods, he ventures to the world above the sewers. Here he meets Casey Jones (Elias Koteas - this was the first time I saw him in a movie and from then on when I see him in a film I say ah, that's Casey Jones). He was done really well. He's got his hockey mask, stick & more like he was seen in the cartoon :!:

Long before Ron Simmons was known for "DAMN"...Raph did this :!:

The Shredder's entrance :!:

Deleted Scene with The Shredder.

Raphael screams in this emotional scene after their father was kidnapped by the Foot Clan :!:

The Shredder & Splinter meet :!: Tatsu is an exclusive movie character played by Toshishiro Obata whom I posted about before when spotlighted 91's Showdown in Little Tokyo.

Here's the Turtles against the Foot & The Shredder in amazing fight scenes.

The music score is wonderful. The actual score has never had an official release after over 3 decades of the movie being released :shock: That's quite pathetic if your a movie score fan. Only a few Cues by John Du Prez is on the Soundtrack with songs but to Me this is unacceptable. The score is what makes the movie so exciting just like any film. However, there has been bootlegs available and thank goodness people uploaded them on YT. First, here's John Du Prez's great TMNT Movie theme :)

Here's Shredder's suite :!:

Here's Tatsu's attack which is a superbly fun track :)

Now, I couldn't find the scene but there's a scene in the film where Raph does a Superman punch. When I see that I'm like holy crap. When Roman Reigns does it, it's like this new thing to people when it was already decades prior. Okay, tomorrow I will spotlight the TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:16 am

Like I said, I seen this in the theater. I never read the comics and while I watched the cartoon occassionally, I don't think I was as big a fan as many. I just hate when movies are so dark lighting wise. I get it's to sometimes hide things in production. I remember liking this. It's certainly better looking than the Turtle reboots they've tried though I don't know if those movies are any good or not. The last cartoon movie from a year or so ago was alright minus the we-need-to-change-characters-to-check-off-DEI-boxes.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:17 am

I never seen Peeper, I never knew about that Michael Caine film. Ok, that sounds good. The reboots are fine especially the second one but lacks the feel of the originals. I never seen the new animated reboot from last year however, it's just not the DEI stuff, there's a lot of other stuff in many movies, especially for kids that people don't notice or think twice about.

Okay, so here we go with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze. Now this is My fave TMNT movie ever and quite frankly one of My all-time fave films. It came out in 1991, like 1990, it was such good year. They filmed the first two back to back. I saw this at the wonderful Kingsland Theater twice I mean I loved this :)

Paige Turco plays April O'Neil this time. She is pretty sweet.

Casey Jones isn't here but Ernie Reyes Jr. plays new character Keno. Just recently I showed him as he was the Prince in Red Sonja. Reyes was a stunt man for the first Turtles film.

Vanilla Ice makes an appearance here and besides 91's Cool as Ice, this was his biggest stint in a film. I absolutely digged this. Keep in mind during this time I dressed a lot like him :) :)

David Warner from many films including The Omen, Star Trek 5 & 6 plays a good role here.

Shredder returns in one of My ALL-TIME FAVE MOVIES SCENES :!:

Tatsu returns as well.

Tokka & Rahzar is the first villain mutants. They wanted them instead of Bebop & Rocksteady.

I love the Super Shredder :!:

Here's the wonderful trailer :)

Okay, now get ready for some bonus stuff. Who plays Super Shredder :?: It was KEVIN NASH :o This was his first acting gig. He was in WCW and during this time his was Master Blaster Steel...notice in the picture he has a Mohawk :!: :!:

Now here's come clips. First, the most important one because right before the movie intro starts, it says in Memory of Jim Henson. This hit Me the first time I saw this :roll: Also you see the WTC...who know in ten short years 9/11 would happen :o

Here's this cool scene with the new guy Keno and the Turtles make the save in epic fashion with John Du Prez' great score :)

My fave Jim Henson creation from the TMNT is without a single doubt is Splinter. He's just so great. Here's when Shredder is seen raising his hand in the garbage landfill. Its so radical when Shredder all of a sudden comes and says "I CHALLENGE" :o This will be forever and a day one of My favorites ever as I noted above :!:

Here's Tokka & Razar :!:

I love it when Michelangelo says "didn't we see these guys on Wrestlemania" :shock: :lol:

Vanilla Ice and his Ninja Rap :!:

Now here is the scene with Super Shredder. This is also one of My fave scenes from any film. I always found it so awesome yet so stupid how Shredder didn't care about his life, all but revenge was on his mutated mind. Now keep in mind that this Kevin Nash :!:

Now John Du Prez is the composer once again and like his first score, sadly only bootlegs exist. Here's My two fave Cues. This is when Shredder returns. It so epic & scary yet so good :)

I love how he reuses Shredder's epic good theme from the first film with a guitar & big orchestra, now this is great stuff :!:

Okay, tomorrow I will post the third movie, see you then :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:42 pm

I would've never known that was Nash's wife there.

Go ninja Go ninja Go! I think we were all dressing like Vanilla Ice back then with the baggie pants and white shirts. I would never have gotten a haircut like that, though. 1991 was his year. Actually, I think 1990 was his year, I think by 1991 we were getting sick of him. Admittedly, I have never seen this movie.

But I still know all the words to Ice Ice Baby.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions