Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:31 am

Maple Leaf Wrestling was/is great wrestling. That was a fanatsic comemrcila there :)

Okay, I think this is all that i found of the continuing story as Duke betrays Destro :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:54 pm

But it's to be continued!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:33 am

I recall Coleco's Wrinkles, they were really nice puppets. Yes, it was, and I think this was the next part but also it's to be continued too :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:06 am

Put up your Dukes, lol. It's neat that they had a story going throughout the commercials. I wonder if someone somewhere just put all the clips together.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:56 am

Yes it sure was. Like I said, I prefer'em way more then the movies, if they would've only sticked to that concept and not the "modern way" :roll: It''s possible that somebody did :) Oh that was a sweet Tonka Pound Puppies Commercial there. I'm still looking for Mine, I hope one day I'll still find'em, I have a lot of'em, even them exclusive ones by Hardee's :)

Okay, I think that will do it with them G.I. Commercials as this one I'm about to present is of the last of the ones in 92 that I was able to find. This was arguably My fave series of the whole line...Drug Force :!: I loved Headman and his Headhunters. Oh I recall when when My Grandma got Me the whole series over at Venture in South Town during that very hot but totally awesome Summer of 92. Here's the commercial with Duke :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:30 pm

I've seen the Headman figures and stuff from this era in more recent years but not back then. A bit of an odd pivot from Cobra but I guess you have to try and stay relevant.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:56 am

I'm surprised you seem Headman before :) I sure remember them Monchichi dolls by Mattel, they were really cute. Sadly we lost a legendary personality, James Earl Jones :? Here's some commercials over the years that he was in :)

1985 & 1986

1990s

Here's a quote from @isabellaereshki 18 minutes ago about the next video...
"He will be missed. His voice was amazing. This era is missed, back when you could call 0 for help of any kind, actually speak to a real person, actually go to the bell Atlantic office in town to pay your bill or ask questions or express concerns and the workers there could actually help/assist you. Back when they had a building in town that was not signed or advertised that was as big as a warehouse or the new courthouse annex just for operators to work in and not be bothered whilst doing their jobs and phone operators paid like 20-25 dollars an hour back when minimum wage was still like 3.85 or 5.15. Back then you knew you made it if you could land a job at the phone company or post office."

Gosh if more people would be like her telling it the way it was and is...congrats to Isabella :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:15 pm

I found out about Headman really when I started looking into custom casted GI Joe parts and seeing some stuff and having no real idea who the characters one. And then I'd go back to yojoe which is a great site for researching figures by year.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/

What a legend we lost with James Earl Jones. The only person I can think of with a unique and iconic voice like that would Thurl Ravenscroft. But James Earl Jones is a thing unto himself. I mean, he's the only legitimate thing you'll hear on CNN.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:17 am

Oh yes, I used to go to that Yo Joe place all the time. It's fun to visit even if your not a Joe fan. Yes, James Earl Jones was/is a legend indeed. That was a great commercial of his there doing Break-dancing :)

Okay, today is 9/11...

Here's these commercials from the decades. This great King Kong MEGO one is from 1976 based from the 1976 movie :shock:

Here's this Texaco from 1978 :!:

Here's this WPIX-11 from the 80s. Here's the despecriopn from the YouTuber..."Before the twin towers at the World Trade Center became irrevocably tied to the tragedy of September 11, 2001, they were an awesome architectural achievement, a mostly taken-for-granted part of the New York City skyline, and the inspiration for some humor. Here's a little bit of the latter, albeit with the punch line given away, as "Henry Tillman" struggles to find a way to convey the sheer awesomeness of WPIX-11 to the people of New York. Recorded back in nineteen hundred and eighty-six."

Strangely their logo nearly looks identical to how St. Louis's own KPLR-Channel 11's logo was :?

Here's this WTC commercial from 1996.

Here's this one that was in September, 2001 right before the dreaded day happen :o

May all those that died that day Rest in Peace & that is still affected by the horror, I hope they are doing better now :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:21 pm

There are so many people now who are adults and weren't even alive back then. They don't know all the freedoms that have slowly been chiseled away over the years since then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions