Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:49 am

Nope, they were real :shock: Taylor Wilde was very good and her theme was quite unique.

Okay, I just posted a special of one of My all-time favorite storylines in wrestling when Jim Cornette introduced the NWA which has to do with The New Blackjacks. Well, I also mentioned about the JJ Jeff Jarrett NWA theme being one of My faves too. it's probably in My top 10 of all-time faves. I've listened to this countless times over the decades. I just love the good sound, tempo & feeling it has. It's truly a wonderfully fantastic theme :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 6:56 pm

That's not bad, almost feels Christmas-y in some parts. Doesn't really make me think of JJ though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:27 am

I know what you mean as it would be a cool Christmas-like theme and yes, it was far different him his previous theme but again I've always loved it, it sounds so good. Sarita's theme was pretty cool but that was when she with Hernandez & Rosita (Zelina Vega) as well whuch was called Mexican America aka "Latin America". That was a fine team there not to mention the women's dance were pretty sweet together :)

Okay, here is the former Nitro Girl Skye - Ms. Hancock aka Stacey Kiebler when she was in WCW. Her time there was quite good. Many of her moments were kinda steaming hot and really she was great competition for the women in the WWF & ECW during this time. I really liked how tall she is while she really wasn't a wrestler, she did do the stuff decently. TNA's Ms. Tessmacher & WWE's Dana Brooke's gimmicks were based from Ms. Hancock but as good looking as they were, their gimmicks paled in comparison simply because of the good ol' PG Era could never pull that trigger :roll: This tron shows Ms. Hancock very well during her cool time in WCW and her theme was actually of the themes that The Nitro Girls used :wwgrin:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:57 pm

I remember seeing her in WCW a little. She ended up doing quite well for herself.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:56 am

Okay good and yes she sure did. She even became a WWE Hall of Famer very recently and she still looked great :) ODB is a pure bad @$$ babe. She really has a very rough yet very good looking appearance to herself IMO. If one is looking for a date at a bar, she'd be the one to get :batwink:

Okay, now I'm going to finish up WWF Full Metal: The Album. This will conclude it as I'm doing a special comparison when they used the first two tracks for WWF Monday Night Raw in 1997. Now follow Me and listen even though you've heard these from Me recently but keep in mind these were done in 1995. Here's Thorn in Your Eye :!:

Here's Thorn in your Eye for hour number 1 which was called Raw is War...this was totally awesome and when I first heard it on this intro I'm like holy cow, that's Thorn in Your Eye...I was surprised because they never played that song before on TV :o

Okay, here's We're All Together Now...gosh this was so cool :)

The second hour would be The War Zone and this would feature We're All Together Now which again, I was quite surprised when they chose that as well :)

So that will do that. These were such radical times and I miss them but you can relive a bit with what I did here ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:15 am

It was always weird to me back then that Raw was really considered two one hour shows. I guess you try to get two top shows then for sponsors or something. I wish they'd go back to two hours. Three is just two long.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:47 am

Yes, it was a unique method. Gosh I miss them days. Yes, two hours was plenty and they showed a lot of the talent and they didn't sped a lot of time at catering either like so many years of wasted talent & time has gone by during this modern age. It was handled so much better then. Laurel Van Ness was good in TNA. By time she arrived the TNA Knockouts Division was quite different by then. Her theme was dandy, really a good one :)

So, as you just saw about that The New Midnight Express were part of the NWA story-line in 1998. I thought it was so apropos for that. Bombastic Bart & Bodacious Bob really gelled as a team. In fact their one of the reasons why I loved this short but great NWA time in the WWF. Here's their wonderful theme by Jim Johnston. It may not be as classic or as well known as the originals but boy it is still quite superb and notice the thumbnail of the two there holding them gorgeous NWA Tag Team Championship Title Belts :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:22 pm

I never saw them at that time, but their look didn't really scream Midnight Express to me. By the time I saw Bob Holly he returned as Hardcore Holly, which was a pretty good gimmick. Speaking of Hardcore....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:04 am

I see. Yes, he became Hardcore Holly after that. Mickie James' Hardcore Country theme is great. I always thought it was cool she sang that. The video is superb too and what a fitting time that there was Pumpkins in there too :blbat: I love how she stands there in that urban area, I love to see a good-looking woman in the foreground of a city :)

Okay, so all of that is now over, Bradshaw joined Faarooq as The Acolytes. This great theme was also used by The Kurrgan. as they were managed by The Jackyl.

When they joined The Undertaker's Ministry of Darkness, they used this great secondary theme :blbat: :blsm:

So after that they became the A.P.A. with this awesome theme :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:31 pm

The last one is the one I remember best. The APA was a great backstage gimmick, especially the door, lol. But I think the first time I remember seeing them was as part of the Ministry. I didn't know they were around before that.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc