Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:08 am

That was a good McDonald's but I'm not recalling that one however. Oh Alley Viper was great. The series in 89 was as well. Oh Joes was still great to the end of the original RAH line but really the 92 series was arguably the coolest of all and some of that was The Ninja Force :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:54 pm

Live action commercials were pretty cool. Never seen that one before.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:39 am

While I never seen that sweet commercial, those Chipmunks look familiar, I may have had them long ago :shock:

Okay, how about this one :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:32 pm

I had some of those Chipmunks but completely forgot they existed until I found that clip. I also had these and loved them...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:28 am

Huh, I don't recall seeing them Chipmunks before :shock:

Okay, here's two more great G.I. Joes Commercials from 1992 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:12 pm

I absolutely loved those live action Joe commercials from the 90s. The one where Duke becomes evil freaked me out, haha.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:06 pm

They could've made Destro's mask look more intimating and not like William Shatner with no hair, lol. I'd like to see that Duke commercial.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:55 am

packerbacker180 wrote:They could've made Destro's mask look more intimating and not like William Shatner with no hair, lol. I'd like to see that Duke commercial.

It does look like a bald Michael Myers mask. Lol.
Weird, I can't find it anymore but I saw it on YouTube not long ago. His eyes were glowing. Haha.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 06, 2024 6:53 am

The Wuzzles again, I never seen that one. That was really cute. I still haven't located the figures I got from Annie Burke. Whenever I see or hear about the Wuzzles I think of her. I can just envision her in her little shop sitting her chair while Me & My Grandma Mimi were in her little shop on Junieta. Quite often I think how she and her daughter's Movie Mogul is most likely forgotten about by people My age or older and younger ones that didn't even know about them...gosh that's sad about that whole situation :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: She's only an example about when I say about "the great people I/We once knew" that nobody speaks or acknowledges about. It's so crucial to talk about those you once knew here, to your family & friends because if you don't then their just going to slowly fade away going to Oblivion and I never ever want that to happen. Don't forget I made a special showcase about Annie Burke last year, I'm sure wherever she is now that she appreciated that I still think of her & her daughter ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48020.html?hilit=Annie%20Burke#p48020

Oh I beg the differ. That Destro and these commercials in general is a heck of a lot better then the G.I. Joe live action movies that came out a long while back IMO, in fact I'll have these over them movies any day becuase they pay true to the concept :!: Okay, ask and you shall receive. I believe this might be be our oart of it. Feel free to confirm it :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:02 pm

Huh, so it was just a longer version of the other one. Does it go anywhere in later commercials?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions