Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:18 am

Yes, it's a shame that BREAKER! BREAKER! is kinda obscure despite it's history. It's a very good film. I've never seen Beach Blanket Bingo. That was one of the many Frankie Avalon films of the time period.

Okay, here's Brandon Lee's second last film but it was his first major starring role in the US (I'll get to his other films in time), It's called Rapid Fire :!:

It came out in 1992. This was his final film before he was in The Crow. It's so sad how he really didn't get that big chance like other top guys did to be around as I speak and have appeared in dozens upon dozens of movies :roll: like his father, his movie credits are extremely limited :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Here's the trailer of 92's Rapid Fire :)

He fights famed Martial Artist & stunt man Al Leong (My Science Project, Big Trouble in Little China, Godzilla 98 among others)) in a good fight :)

Here's this fine cue by undisputed master of horror music, Christopher Young :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:26 pm

His death was tragic but I can't say I saw many of his films besides The Crow. I heard the remake was terrible. Since we were at the beach I've been doing beach/summer films.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:03 am

I figured so, you were doing school films now beach films...I get it ;) That was Fisher Stevens from My Science Project & Short Circuit. You wouldn't Packer. So many people think the same thing that he was a ton of movies. He was only in 5 movies and 3 TV specials, like I said, his movies were extremely limited. He wasn't lucky like Norris, Van Damme, Seagal and others. Sadly, his legacy is fading away especially since their rebooting The Crow...I saw the preview of it on the IMAX screen and it looked really bad :x Kids today when their My age won't even know who Brandon Lee was...gosh that's sad :roll: Here's this from his first time on TV from Kung-Fu: The Movie with David Carradine :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:08 pm

Yeah, it seemed like he was destined to have a similar career that was cut way too short.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:35 am

Yes, way to short I'm afraid :roll: I've never seen The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini. What a cute & sexy title and that movie looked to have a lot in it :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

Okay Packer, since you've been talking about this Medieval stuff for the past couple days now, I thought I better post this now. Remember back late last year I made a very special showcase of the movie called Timeline and you said you didn't know about it :?: Well, now here's your chance to :)

Now follow Me closely. So in My great showcase I explained everything and then some. This was a huge event back in 2003. The story is written by Michael Critchon who wrote the Jurassic & Congo Franchises among others.

The movie is directed by Richard Donner who directed Superman, the Lethal Weapon Franchise, Scrooged plus many others.

It stars the late great Paul Walker, Gerard Butler, Neal McDonough, Billy Connolly, Frances O'Connor, David Thewlis, Anna Friel & Matt Craven. It's a time travel movie going back to Crusades :!: Now this movie has some of the most complicated history of any film which I'll get to that in a moment. Here's the trailer :)

Now onto why this was even more complicated than even movies such as Rogue One. Timeline had a dreadful beginning starting with errors of all kinds. Legendary composer Jerry Goldsmith had already scored the film when it was completed. Then Donner and executives weren't happy how the film looked so what did the brainacs do :? They decided to re-shoot many of the scenes and went haywire causing the movie production to become a total disaster. So because everything was a mess, they wanted Jerry Goldsmith to compose a new score for their new vision. He wouldn't do it after many months of writing it so he backed out it which unfortunately it was one of his last scores he'd ever write :roll: I never blamed him for this, I would have hated this too after all the hard work I went through :x So who would they get to replace the legend of Goldsmith :?: They searched briefly and got The Hunted's Brian Tyler :o Remember PB that I said I'd be posting more of Brian Tyler, you even said that you liked that sound :?: Well, in short fashion, the much younger Tyler and still not a big composer name at the time (now he's one of the all-time elites!) is the composer of Timeline :!:

When I first heard Tyler's Timeline soon after his The Hunted (I said before that he had My attention with that one and I knew he'd be great) I was stoked about him and ever since I've kept track of him like all of the great composers that came before him. If you recall how his The Hunted sounds, then you will no doubt have a listening continuation of his as here's one of his best tracks of his Timeline score...listen to this :)

So, the next year in September, 2004, Varèse Sarabande, the big leading record label whom was great friends with Jerry Goldsmith decided to release his rejected score on CD via their Club as a tribute. It was a very limited edition and sold out almost immediately. I was a part of that Club and was one of the lucky members that was able to obtain it I mean this was huge. Goldsmith just died in July of 2004 which if your like Me and you heard hist First Blood being the first music to know and dance to it when your just a toddler, this becomes part of you...I hope you and everybody else that is reading this understand this...when Goldsmith died it was a very sad day for Me. The world lost one of the most clever, brilliant minds ever known and this to this day it saddens Me to know that many people don't know who he is when he's done so much in a 50 + year career.

So what also boggles My mind is that Goldsmith worked with Donner before and that was 1979's The Omen which won him the Oscar for Best Score then he works with Donner in a reunion of sorts to do Timeline and then everything runs amuck :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So, when I got his rejected score in 2004 on CD, I had already listened to Brian Tyler's version many, many times and knew it very well because I love to establish a score. When I first heard Goldsmith's I'm like yep that's him and as the Album went further on I was so engaged and in awe. Listening to it brings joyful tears to My eyes. Here's this short cue of his rejected score, keep in mind this is only one track :)

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-110.html

Okay, I hope you listens to them and compared the major differences. If you want tell Me which one you like more for whatever reason. Don't worry who you chose because I know both are great and I know Tyler has serious respect for Goldsmith, he's honored him in his later scores :)

Okay, now here's a quote from My big important showcase from My all-crucial Odds & Ends of My Timeline VHS that I got at Blockbuster Video along with both of the Timeline Movie Scores by Brian Tyler & Jerry Goldmsith...look at that beauty :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
Together at Last

Now if you want to revisit the whole showcase and see it all again and read much more info then go here to this direct link ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-110.html
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:29 pm

Nope, I don't recall ever seeing anything about that, and I may've wanted to check that out around that time but I was spending more time out with friends around those years than watching movies. I kid of like Storming the Castle more, it's got more of a Medieval feel to me. But even in 2003 they had an uphill climb because the greatest Medieval time-travelling movie had already come out...

I know I did the long trailer for this before, but it's such a fun summer movie...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:52 am

During that time I was still recovering from My loss of My Grandpa who never had a chance to experience Timeline and it's scores, he never knew about it because he was gone before the movie came out :roll: OKay, I don't blame you choosing Tyler's Cue over Goldsmith's. There are times I favor his style. Oh yes, Army of Darkness all the way. I may feature a triple feature of The Evil Dead in My Horror Topic soon as I'm coming up with a lineup :blbat: How about Back to the Beach :!:

Okay, so I'm going to continue about Medieval a bit more. Here's First Knight about Camelot & King Arthur :!:

This came out during the wonderful fun year of 1995 with Sean Connery & Richard Gere. Here's the trailer :)

So, the music is by Jerry Goldsmith which I hope you know his name now ;) This score is tremendous. I chose this Cue because it's so tremendous, I adore how much effort Goldsmith put in here especially with that choir :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:05 pm

First Knight was pretty good. Might as well save the Evil Dead stuff for October at this point! It's not that far away.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:53 am

I've never seen The Legend of Billie Jean. Okay good. Oh yes, I planned on that. I'm going to post some horror movies before that in My Horror Topic that maybe is considered not exactly for Halloween time :blbat:

Okay, here's a fighting movie trilogy that stars Don "The Dragon" Wilson. I don't know if you know him. It's called The Ring of Fire :!:

Wilson is very underrated. The series also stars fellow great Martial Artist Vince Murdocco who was in Kickboxer 2. Also the great looking Maria Ford who was in The Unnameable II as well. Here's the trailer of the first one that came out in the great year of 1991 :)

as well

Part 2 will be tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:18 pm

That Billie Jean movie was on HBO a lot when I was a kid, that's where I remember it from. I have never heard of Don Wilson to be honest.

I just found out about this. So in the recent The Fall Guy movie, Emily Blunt's character is directing a movie called Metalstorm which is apparently a real movie from 1983 and looks very similar to the movie she was making in the film. They're not the same, but I guess the title and the style are a nod to this 1983 film I've honestly never heard of.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions