Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:21 pm

I've used that Fred Savage thumbs up as a GIF many times but didn't where exactly it originated from. I do now.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:23 am

Man, that practicable Jokers could have been a pre-Halloween one, that was pretty cool :blbat:

Here's this special from K-SHE 95 of Lzzy Hale, one of the best guitarists ever :wwgrin:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:50 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:13 am

Some Golden Girls. Here's this short 1983 Commercial of The Slyman Brothers & Sons. I've known them since I was a youngster. My Grandma used to kidd and say "oh those Slymies" :lol: Their on Hampton among other locations. When Me & My Mom was coming home from the show last week on Lindbergh, I was pleased to see that the Grandsons are still doing what the Grandfathers were back in the 80 as they have a new location :shock: I'll be posting more of these guys in time :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:39 pm

I bet that TV had some weight to it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:11 am

Some Shark Tank there. Yes I'm sure it did. We had a similar one like that at the old house and it was mighty heavy & sturdy.

This commercial that I'm about to present is from KMOX which is St. Louis' other big Radio Station, it's the station that The St. Louis Cardinals Ballgames are on to listen too which I'll post more KMOX in time :) Here's Roszell's. This Commercial is from 1980 which still has remnants of the 1970s. I remember seeing them when I was a youngster, they had a very catchy theme song :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:17 pm

Those were definitely some early 80s threads there.

So Moonlighting is finally on Tubi and I started watching episodes recently. Lo and behold at the start of the third episode, there's a quick appearance by a very young Tim Robbins!

And of course, that makes me think of this....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:45 am

Yes, there was, a tiny bit before My time but gosh I sure can relate to that good stuff. How about that. yes, it feels good when a streaming service finally has something you that you've been waiting for who know's how long. Like I said, their really getting as bad Cable & Dish I mean what is really on that you really want or at least that is the way it is with Me. Yes, about that Anchorman :shock:

Check out this awesome 1976 Budweiser Clydesdales commercial :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:28 pm

I've been getting into the free streaming channels more even with DirecTV because they seem to have tons of old shows that don't air anymore. Like last night I downloaded Roku on my TV because it had Kate and Allie episodes from early 80s and I talked about that show in the sitcom thread. Lo and behold, I watched the pilot episode last night and who was on it? Why Frasier Crane himself. Kate and Allie premiered in March 1984 and Frasier made his Cheers debut in September of 1984 so this was just months before he broke out on Cheers.

And here's some Frasier fun...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:15 am

When you don't have a DVR, Streaming channels is it other than the Web. It's not like it's the 80s & 90s when TV was super engaging & can't miss. Like I said, it reality show after reality show. I got so tired of that after they ruined MTV and all of this other stuff I wasn't wanting. Wrestling and some of the shows on CBS, ABC, NBC & TNT was really it and that wasn't that much. That's good there for Frasier & Cheers,

Well you now how much I've talked about Roku in the past.

As I said before, Tubi is got a lot, I've seen a ton on there. Many of the movies that I posted in My Horror Topic is on Tubi :blbat: They got Kaiju films :blaq: Tubi is the exclusive destination for films by The Asylum (don't forget about Battle Star Wars :!: They got a lot of wrestling and a lot of truthful documentaries that will never air on the History Channel. Since your doing Tubi again, here's these :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions