Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:06 am

I never knew of that 13 Dead End Drive Board Game :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:19 pm

I can't recall ever playing it either,

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:52 am

I see, gosh, I don't recall them Flipsiders by Milton Bradley, those looked fine :)

Here's this really nifty Tyco Nite-Glow Racecars from 1977, gosh those looked superbly fun :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:21 pm

I had something like that when I was a kid.

Speaking of then, when I was young the NYC stations always had commercials for Medieval Times and I always thought that looked like a fun times. But it was in New Jersey and let's be honest, nobody wants to go to New Jersey. There was also one in Toronto and the Canadian channels often played a similar commercial. But now we've been to the one in Myrtle Beach multiple times. This last time I took pics if you want I can share some images. It's really a fun time. But here's that commercial...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:14 am

I never seen those Medieval Times at all. Looks good. If you want to post a showcase of it then do so. I recommend that you put it in where your TRU & Drive-In is :) Yeah, New Jersey :roll: I know, the way people are makes Me dislike their state and I'm like remind not to go where they are :x

Here's this nice compilation of 976 Numbers from 1987...gosh I recall these times when things were different :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:35 pm

Yeah, I probably will share some pics as it's a fun experience. I never called any 900 numbers, but I remember a lot of those commercials.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:31 am

Yes, that looks fun & awesome :)

Here's The Waterbed Store. I used to see commercials of them on TV all the time when I was a youngster especially on KPLR-11. Waterbeds used to be the thing that people craved back then but of course nobody talks about them now :roll: In fact, My Grandma bought a big one from them at the old house and I loved to move & roll on it :) I really recall this one from 1986, 38 years ago this year with St. Louis' own Bigfoot Monster Truck :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:00 pm

My wife had a waterbed when we first started dating. Can't say i was a fan of them.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:43 am

That's around the time when Waterbeds was going away in the late 90s :roll: That's a very good G.I. Joe commercial. Amazing how that was 1990 and Sgt. Slaughter was back with the Joes however it is the same year when Sgt. Slaughter returned to the WWF and turned his back on the USA :shock:

Here's this G.I. Joe series. I loved the ones in 1991 and all of these figures rocked especially General Hawk :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:50 pm

'88 was really the last big year of collecting Joes for me thought I did get an Alley Viper in '89 because the colors were just too much to not buy one, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions