Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:17 am

My goodness, I just found out that Sycho Sid just died :( He was one of My favorites of ever of all-time :!: My Mom loved him too and so did My Grandparents :( I loved how agile he was jumping on the apron decades before Brock Lesnar & Bobby Lashey ever did. He invented the Powerbomb & Chokeslam and was one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch as he was almost 7 feet tall & well over 300 pounds and was tremendous on the mic and I loved his expressions. I loved his action figures which I've showcased some of them. Here's My tribute too him :roll:

I was going to save some of this for Halloween, shame that Sid is no longer with us now :roll:

Here's his great tron & great theme when he was Sid Justice in 91 :) I always thought that it and the one I posted yesterday of The New Foundation & The Heavenly Bodies were very similar sounding.

Here's his totally fantastic theme in 95. I've listen to this countless times over the decades...this was one of the main themes on the WWF Full Metal the Album for Me and still is. This tron is wonderful too :blbat:

Here's his absolute epic entrance at the WWF Survivor Series 97 :!:

Here's this great tron of his great theme when he returned to WCW in 1999, 25 years ago this year :!:

And here's this great big bonus :)

I got more of Sid but some I want to save them for Halloween. I hope Sycho Sid Rests In Peace :(
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:45 pm

I saw the news yesterday but had wifi issues. Admittedly, I missed most of his careerbut he certainly had the look and size of a monster. RIP.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:29 am

Good ol' WiFi issues, see you can't always count on it. Yes, Sid was a monster, had the look & size of a perfect big man. I hope you were able to play his themes,these were so good and don't skip the New Foundation/Heavenly Bodies' theme that I posted before that, that is such a great one. Prince Puma's theme was unique.

Here's Greg "The Hammer" Valentine's WCW theme. It's a great inspiration of Bill Conti's Rocky :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:45 pm

The Hammer seemed too old school to need a theme.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:00 am

IMO your never too old to have a theme. When somebody comes out to no theme, it's like their just there...that's one thing I never liked about the entrances of The Powers of Pain (when they turned monster-heel they stopped playing their theme), I.R.S. Bob Backlund etc. Hook's theme is ok, I think it needs more oomph to be really good.

Here's this classic theme of the World Championship Wrestling program in the 80s is called "Dynamics" by Richard Harvey. I love wrestling intro themes as much as the wrestler themes themselves :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:20 pm

Don't recall that but saw the AWA theme often on ESPN...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:44 am

Yes, I recall that. More good times :) Here's a really good inspirational theme & tron of Sensational Sherri. Gosh I miss her, she was so great. I loved how she looked, her feistyness and her outrageous promos. This tron has some really good moments of her :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:16 pm

Her Darkside of the Ring was kind of sad to watch. I remember her a little bit towards the end when I was watching but she's another one who was around more in the time I wasn't watching.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:12 am

It's a shame that you didn't experience her moments with she was Queen Sherri with the Macho King and with DiBiase & HBK. She had great times in WWF, WCW & ECW. Also it's a shame that she's not acknowledged like she should be in general as she was a true pioneer of women's wrestling and really one of the best ever in so many categories :roll: Mariah May's theme is dandy :!:

Okay, continuing from a while back when you posted Eddie Guerrero's WWE theme and I said I liked his WCW themes better. Well, here's his first one he used from 95 - 97 :)

Now this is My fave of all. This was when he turned heel and became the heel that most wrestling fans know. Notice in the tron he's way more muscular than before. Also this was used for his LWO group as well. The first time I heard him come out with it I fell in love with it, I just love how it sounds :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:38 pm

I saw a little of Eddie in WCW but I didn't watch it as much as Raw back then before the Radicalz jumped. It wouldn't be the 90s without a Z lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc