Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:08 am

Heidi Lee Morgan was huge on the Independent scene in the 80s like Madusa was but then went back to the Indies in the 90s. Many of them were on the Indies as well. Most are retired now. I'm hoping Morgan will be a Hall of Famer one day.

That was some Jack Perry there :shock:

Okay, now you saw The Heavenly Bodies as they were in SMW and the WCW and now in the WWF all in one year in 93 :o Here's one of the Heavenly Bodies' first promos in the WWF and it's a great one right before WWF SummerSlam 93. Notice Stan Lane isn't there, he was in the WWF but he retired and is now going to become a commentator & interviewer. It's the "Dr. of Desire" Tom Pritchard and "The Gigolo" Jimmy Del Ray...its like are these guys WWF material. Oh they are and they showed what other wrestlers from other wrestling Federations can do :!: Boni Blackstone from GWF is here. What Jim Cornette says to her about her drooling and her lust and her expression is absolute gold here :batwink:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:16 am

My goodness, I just found out that Sycho Sid just died :( He was one of My favorites of ever of all-time :!: My Mom loved him too and so did My Grandparents :( I loved how agile he was jumping on the apron decades before Brock Lesnar & Bobby Lashey ever did. He invented the Powerbomb & Chokeslam and was one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch as he was almost 7 feet tall & well over 300 pounds and was tremendous on the mic and I loved his expressions. I loved his action figures which I've showcased some of them. Here's My tribute too him :roll:

Here's this tribute from the WWE :roll:

Another from Entertainment Tonight :roll:

Okay, now bear with Me here as I post some of these great Sid videos :) Here's this promo in WCW in 1990 :)

Here's this when he was Sid Justice in 1991 :)

Here's when he returned to WCW in 1993 with Col. Robert Parker and The Harlem Heat :!:

1995 is My favorite time of Sid. Here's when he returned to the WWF in early 1995 as Shawn Michaels' new bodyguard on The King's Court...listen to Jim Cornette during Sid superb entrance...this is without question, in My top 20 moments ever EVER in wrestling :o

The betrayal that would set up HBK to be the one of the biggest babyfaces ever :!:

This was so awesome when he stepped through the fireworks and attacked Razor Ramon :!:

My FAVE SYCHO SID MATCH OF ALL-TIME in 1995! Look how great Sycho Sid is here :)

Here's when Sid returned to the WWF in 96, again it's Jim Cornette :!:

25 years ago this year in 1999...Sid made an absolute huge impact in ECW :o

Also in 1999 Sid's last hurrah was in WCW, here he faces the great Al Green :!:

This was Sycho Sid's last appearance ever in the WWE and you can tell how far away the time has gone and changed by now especially how Michael Cole talks about Sid, this is one of the reason why I so prefer the old days :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

I got more of Sid but some I want to save them for Halloween. I hope Sycho Sid Rests In Peace :(
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:49 pm

I will have to watch these sometime after we get home since I missed most of his career it seems.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:04 am

Yes, I know it was a lot but heck the "Master, the Ruler of the World" is gone now :roll: I chose a lot that was on My mind. I'm sure there was much you missed PB, hopefull you didn't most of that I posted ;) Also before that, don't skip Boni Blackstone interviewing the Heavenly Bodies & Jim Cornette in the WWF right before WWF SummerSlam 93 :) Let's see how many headlines Saraya get's after that. Seems like even the biggest things that happen today is disregarded tomorrow by society :roll: I think she was something else there ;)

Okay, here's these. Macho Man is the WWF Champ & Bret Hart is the WWF Intercontinental Champion in July of 1992...

now fast forward a year right after WWF SummerSlam 93, neither is champions. This was on WWF Mania with Todd Pettengill. Like I said about Sid's last appearance how Michael Cole is & talks...he's so....well I miss "The Toddster", he was so fun at everything he did :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:41 pm

Wow, who dressed Tood Pettengill. Yikes, that was a bad outfit even in the 90s, lol.

Well, we made a pit stop in Charlotte to visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame so it's only logical that since we were in Flair country,,,

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:54 am

Boy it's nice traveling to bonus places too ;) Todd didn't look that bad. His pants was white & blue. The quality of the video wasn't that good so it looks a bit funky. That was a good Flair promo there. Here's this great on of Flair from 1993 before Starrcade, look at his kids there :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:22 pm

I thought of looking for his mansion in Charlotte but we were short on time.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:32 am

Make a note of that next time you go to Myrtle Beach ;) Jon Moxley is back & bald and is different now. It's going to be interesting to see where this goes :? Now that music is better & more original choice than his other theme IMO.

Okay, here's more of Rhonda Shear from the same night as before as she is continuing her interviews from that same great WWF-USA Up All Night Cross-Over in 1992 when TV was really fun to watch :batwink: Next up is her interviewing HBK Shawn Michaels & Sensational Sherri and Rhoda get's in on the action too :batwink:

Tomorrow I got a real good one with her ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:18 pm

Three people that were probably up all night a lot, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:11 am

Yes, I'm sure they were. That was some promo by Mariah May :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Mina Shirakawa looked pretty good there, hopefully there was some guys that's wowed about her.

Okay, next up from the fun WWF-USA Up All Night Cross-Over in 1992 is "Macho Man" Randy Savage :!: Rhonda Shear likes him as they have this cute & hot interview :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc