Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:54 am

Nope, kids today have no idea hows cool & special that time was :) That's cool that Jakks is making Sonic the Hedgehog figures now, hopefully they'll keep up with it for years like they did the WWF figures and have like a complete lineup of characters. I'm a little surprised to see they made Mighty the Armadillo.

Here's Kenner's totally awesome Aliens series from 1992. This was a tremendous time as well. I recall it like it was yesterday when My Grandma got Me My first one at Venture which was The Scorpion Alien that you see at the climax of the this video. I was so thrilled when I saw them the first time...thank goodness I awoke in 2020 and got the ones that I needed that i couldn't get back in the day...one day I'll showcase My collection in time :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:34 pm

Whoa. No way. NEW Sonic figures? I'm in!!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:09 am

Yes way, Acid. It took'em long enough, like I said, I'm surprised they made Mighty the Armadillo since he's still kinda obscure.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:40 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:04 am

Oh I remember that Army Gear Commercial and the series by Galoob itself. While I have a ton of Micro Machines, I never got them, I really don't recall seeing them in stores.

Now this I recall in stores like it was yesterday. In 1995, Kenner made a really cool series of Superman figures that was based from The Death and Return of Superman comic which is is till one of the best comics ever IMO. This series is one of My big regrets of Me never wanting when I had the opportunity. Ah man I recall seeing the whole series at Venture in South Town with My Grandma and I just wasn't wanting them...years later I regretted it and I'm not sure why I ever wanted to get them and make up for that :smsmh: Here's this commercial :)

I got one more for tomorrow :smwink:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:17 pm

Never seen that one. I wasn't really watching cartoons around that time, so I didn't see those kinds of commecials.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:16 am

I see, well just you wait for more in a sec because I never seen that "Summer Escape" about Marvel Comics, that was sweet :) Okay, here's the other commercial that I found of the awesome Kenner Superman series from 95 & 96 :smsmile: The kids in this is really good too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:51 pm

Actually remember playing this game.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:25 am

That's great, I never knew that super fun looking Milton-Bradley Pac-Man Board Game before :) The other day I posted a very special showcase in My all-crucial Odds & Ends. It's of Imo's Pizza :!: I posted at least one commercial of them for Christmas last year. This special showcase I saved it all year as it I presented the 10th Anniversary of when I got their very special Baseball Card which I'm one of the very few people on this planet that has one. I introduced them, My memories & times and more. This also celebrates Imo's 60th Anniversary as well. When you have a chance, you can check it out here, it's a big one with bonus David Freese Commercials and a whole lot more ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post53240.html#p53240

This is setting up some Baseball Showcases coming soon for the postseason :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:37 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions