Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:50 am

How about Ricky's son :) Okay, does Ricky look old here in the NWA/WCW in 1990 when he & Robert returned :?:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:52 pm

Robert's hair looks to be receding, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:51 am

Yes, Robert's hair was for a long time. That's good that Mustafa Ali is finally going somewhere :)

Okay, so continuing the really fun SMW vs. USWA time. Here's this promo with PG-13: J. C. Ice and Wolfie D...Mark Curtis comes with the new Heavenly Bodies, "Dr. Tom Pritchard & "The Gigelow" Jimmy Del Ray along with a Militiaman-Jim Cornette :o NOTE it says video is age restricted...just click to see on YouTube :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:01 pm

Weird that would be restricted. You see that every week on AEW now lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:46 am

I know, there's been far more violent segments in wrestling than that on YT...amazing how I loved stuff that when it was first developing in wrestling back then in 93...now look :roll: Oh the bWo...I thought The Blue World Order was really funny & entertaining. Shame they cut Big Stevie Cool off when he was ready to speak in that video clip, his character was really clever, he was a hybrid of Big Daddy Cool Diesel & HBK Shawn Michaels...here's this promo & match to show you what I mean during the great time when ECW crossed-over with the WWF in 1997 :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:44 pm

La Femme Nikita! I used to watch Silk Stalkings, too! I always thought Mitzi Kapture was pretty.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:41 am

As for as I'm concerned, the Mercedes & Baker feud is the best thing in AEW right now not to mention two of the hottest women in wrestling today ;)

Yes, Mitzi Kapture was, she's another great example of how good women were in the 80s & 90s. Okay, I'm taking the opportunity to do this because I've always thought this and you said about La Femme Nikta thanks to the video I posted yesterday. Me & My Grandma thought that the Edge Vignettes were similar like the La Femme Nikita show & Commercials. Keep in mind they were all from the same time in 1998 plus both on the USA Network :shock: First here's La Femme Nikita, she's even wearing the glasses :batwink:

Now here's Edge's vignettes of his debut arrival before his Brood days :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:32 pm

I remember that Edge vignette. It was very USA in style.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:59 am

Yes, it sure was. I think many people that knows the USA Network of the past that doesn't know wrestling of the past would know that was on USA just by the look of it. Oh yeah, the time of Enzo Amore & Big Cass. This was before Carmella made it to the main roster. They were My fave team in NXT. I thought Enzo was so funny, he was like wrestling's Al Pacino IMO and there really wasn't anybody since The Macho Randy Savage that was so hyper with energy like that. Enzo became absolutely huge on 205 Live for months than stuff happen :roll: Of course they put the new team with the veterans like The Dudley's, even then the ranking system stopped :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Okay, here's a quote from My Yo, Do you Remember 93...look at it closely, I'm one of the only plebeians ever that a special feature of this :wwsmile:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:There was other women that was wrestling elsewhere that the WWF picked up for their newly revamped upcoming Women's Division. They made a tournament to crown a new women's champion. This is never talked about by even the most of biggest wrestling fans which is a such a shame what lack there is :roll: These women were Heidi Lee Morgan, Rusty Thomas, "Nasty" Angie Marino, Allison Royal and of course Alundra Blayze. The finals would be Heidi Lee but she would lose Alundra in the final match thus making the former Madusa the first new WWF's Women's Champion :!:

That's right, WWF had a new women's division in 93 which was another crucial part of that year that would set the stage for the future :!: They had it in the nick of time too before the year was over. Here's this promo package of the great Alundra Blayze and the sweet Heidi Lee Morgan plus a brief moment of their very iconic match :wwwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:27 pm

Never heard of any of those women besides Alundra Blaze. Where'd they go? They do anything else before or after?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc