Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:17 pm

Wow, he looked young there. The Wiz was ok from what I remember. The music was good. Of course, we also watched this several times in school presumably when the teacher just wanted a day off of teaching, lol. I remember when people started talking about the munchkin who hung himself on screen and always trying to look for that.

'

https://screenrant.com/wizard-oz-movie- ... explained/

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:02 am

Yes he did. That's good you remember the music of The Wiz :) I see. Gosh several times in school...hah, a day off for the teachers :lol: How about that looking for the Munchkin :shock: The Wizard Oz is great but it's a very dark story and more in many ways. Now they made a sequel called Return to Oz in 1985...have you seen it or heard of it :?:

My Grandma recorded it for Me on The Disney Channel when it came on. Even though I used to watch it all the time, many times it made Me feel uneasy for Me compared to other movies, even in recent times too. Fairuza Balk is Dorthy when she was a little girl plus Jean Marsh who played Queen Bavmorda & Willow is in it as well as Nicol Williamson & Piper Laurie. Here's the TV Spot & Trailer.

The music was by the late great David Shire. Here's this haunting cue :)

So PB, did you know about this sequel of is this your first time seeing this :?: I read that this was on Disney Plus so you may want to check it out when you can :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:44 pm

I did know about that. I think we may've watched that in school as well but I know I saw it on HBO a few times, too. I remember liking the robot guy.

We didn't watch this in school, but I remember having to read the book.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:46 am

Oh, how about that. That's good that you seen that just not at school but also on your own on HBO :) Yes, that was Tik-Tock, he was a fine character :)

Ah, Indian in the Cupboard, I never read the book but man when I saw the previews I wanted to see it bad in 1995. That one scene there with Darth Vader, Rexy & RoboCop...oh man that was huge. This is when Star Wars was really coming back, Jurassic Park was only beginning to be a phenomenon and RoboCop was still strong. This was by the Kennedy-Marshall Company plus it was directed by Frank "Yoda" Oz...that's why it was a magical film that seemed like it was by Spielberg & Lucas :shock:

Here's this good Main Title by Randy Edelman :)

OK PB, get ready for this...here's quotes from your Drive-In special :)

packerbacker180 wrote:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:There's the new movie Trap and ALIEN ROMULUS :!: I hope to see that new Alien film at the show when it comes out...fingers crossed :)

Well, I'm quoting that because a several weeks ago I made a plan with My Mom to go to the show to see Alien Romulus and last night on the 20th We went and it was a good night :) We've seen many of the Alien & Predator films at the show because she is also a very big fan of them too and she's like okay, let's see it, that will be special :) So, I wanted to see it on the IMAX screen because that's a superb way to see a movie of this nature & stature. We saw Prometheus & Alien: Covenant on the IMAX screen before and that was awesome. So I'm not going to say much about it right now except these few things. #1. I was very pleased with the movie. I know I said about Godzilla x Kong being the film to see but this was a must because I got into Alien around the same time I did Kaijus so it's a very important franchise to Me plus this year marks Alien's 45th Anniversary from 1979 :o #2. This IS NOT a reboot, it takes place in-between Alien & Aliens and while I have been complaining for years about the gap between Alien Covenant & Alien...this was a very necessary movie because it serves as a sequel and a prequel that explains and has a lot of stuff I wasn't expecting :o #3 The Xenomorphs are used greatly here :blmm: It was a lot of fun plus it filled-in some missing pieces that I needed :)

IMPORTANT NOTE ---> I'm goin' to have an enormous showcase of this and My whole day of what we did. I took pics of My local Marcus Theater, it's Arcade and so much more...wait till you see what I have in store, I look to finish it up within a week's time but I'm not rushing it as I want it to be as good as possible :) Here's this short but great IMAX Teaser of Alien: Romulus :blbat:

Now one and I mean one major factor that I was concerned about was the music. It was by Benjamin Wallfisch. I've known him for many years now and I know his great sound & composing but I really didn't know how clever he is though. Well, last week I was able to get a copy of the score on it's release day. When I initially heard the first track I was really astounded because right away it sounds like the first Alien which was by the legendary Jerry Goldsmith. This was absolutely paramount because I've known his wonderful theme & music from the film since My Grandpa PoPo introduced Me to it when I was a youngster and that's a long time ago and I'm proud of it :) There's a lot of Goldsmith's music here, also inspirations that sounds like it plus a lot of original material as well that is fantastic that I can tell that it's Wallfisch. I've listen to the score from beginning to end many times since I was able to get it so I could get every Cue down pat which as I've said before, this is what I do when I get ready to see a big movie at the show to see what the movie sounds like and what kind of personalty it has. I'll say right now, if Wallfisch ignored Goldsmith's theme & sound I would have have been very disgusted about that but that isn't the case here and I'm so glad of it. Now I'm only going to provide 1 Cue, this was a very important one, it's called XX121, this was such a surprise in the movie...here it is :)

In the near future, I'm going to revamp My Alien, Predator & Terminator Topic and it will be similar to My Horror & classic Kaiju Topics :blww: :blsm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:08 pm

I haven't followed the Alien franchise closely after the first 3, but I do want to see this eventually.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:06 am

Okay, well if you ever get involved with them it's best to watch them in order story-wise and not random because you just won't get everything especially since the new film has major, major elements from the prequels which was a big surprise for Me :blsm: You gotta to see Prometheus (2012) and Alien Covenant (2017) first then Alien (1979). There's special cut scenes of the 2014 Video Game, Alien: Isolation on YT that is official that you can watch like a movie. This takes place a bit after the first film then the new movie that I just saw Alien: Romulus takes place five years after that :!: Then you see Aliens (1986), then Alien 3 (1992) and then Alien Resurrection (1997). If you put the Predator films as canon then you watch them first before Prometheus...that goes as Prey (2022), Predator (1987), Predator 2 (1990), Alien vs. Predator (2004), Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007), The Predator (2018) & Predators (2010). The msuci for every single one I've mentioned is phenomenal. Like I said, I'm a huge AVP fan, I'm as big of it as much as Star Wars & Star Trek, in fact a lot times I feel much closer to it than any other franchise :blmm: You may want to bookmark this or copy & paste as an important note Packer ;)

Okay, 1983's Something Wicked This Way Comes is a really good movie. My Grandma loved it. It's a deep story. Johnathan Pryce is really something else in it. The music score is wonderfully done by the late great James Horner (he did 1986's Aliens by the way in a marvelous & dynamic score). Here's the Main Title, if you look at the picture of the man in the upper left corner, that's James Horner, a man who brought so much joy in the 80s :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:37 pm

I've heard you mention him a few times. I remember seeing that movie probably in the 80s. The I never saw AvP. I did see Prometheus but not being a knowledgeable fan of the franchise it probably didn't mean as much to me.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:31 am

I see, well I seriously recommended you watch Prometheus first and gradually get through the story, you'll get the movie & story more then :) Like I said before, their's still a huge gap between Alien Covenant & Alien but Alien: Romulus does continue that a bit which was a huge plus for Me :) it will be I never seen Billy Bathgate but boy I sure recall the previews. It was one of the many movies of a fantastic film lineup of 1991 :)

Yes, I have, James Horner was a household fave of Our's especially My Grandpa. Surely that Cue of Something Wicked This Way Comes was great to you I mean that was one of Horner's first big ones :!: He's from around the same time as Alan Silvestri & Danny Elfman in the great 80s. I knew all three shortly after I knew Jerry Goldmsith & John Williams as a youngster. I recall it like last week when I found out that he got killed in a plane crash and that was in 2016 already :roll: Horner was only 61 :roll: Composers are as special as actors, comedians, wrestlers or any other talent. Since he tragically passed I read so little of people acknowledging him and talking about his history, his great sound and such wonderful music & times that he made :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I've read some people on YT but there should be a ton more than that :roll: I posted two parts of Horner in My Composer Topic, part 1 was his great themes of the 80s and part 2 was his great stuff in the 90s all on the 5th page. Soon I'll be doing a part 3 of what he did in the 2000s :)

Okay now moving on, let's complete the trifecta of Oz. In 2013 they came out with a prequel to the first Wizard of Oz. I saw it at the show when it came out. So first of all, last year of it's 10th Anniversary I made a special showcase as I have a cool Entertainment Weekly Magazine with the great looking Wicked Witch of the West on the cover plus the score by Danny Elfman on Page 13 of My Odds & Ends which I'm pretty happy how that turned out. So here we go with the prequel...Oz the Great and Powerful :!:

The movie is directed by Sam Raimi who did the Evil Dead & Army of Darkness films as well as Darkman and the Spider-Man trilogy. It stars James Franco as Oscar Diggs aka the Wizard of Oz, Mila Kunis as Theodora, the Wicked Witch of the West, Michelle Williams as Glinda, the Good Witch of the South, Rachel Weisz as the Wicked Witch of the East (one of My all-time fave actresses) and as one would expect if you know Sam Raimi, he best friend Bruce Campbell is in it as a Winkie guard at the Emerald City and his brother Ted Raimi as a small-town skeptic at the Magic Show. Here's the trailers of how the story all started :!:

Now I mentioned that I have the score by Danny Elfman, if you have already seen My stunning showcase than you know how gorgeous & awesome the Album looks, I absolutely love how Disney designed it. Here's Elfman's wonderful main title with a really good choir :)

As special bonus, here's this short interview with Danny Elfman. He's about 60 years old here so he's 71 now. As I said above, Composers are just as good & as special as actors, comedians, wrestlers and the like. Listen to what he says here. I find it so cool about him :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:44 pm

I never saw that Oz movie. Just never was interested in seeing it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:06 am

Well, really it's very good. The scenes with the Witches & flying Simians is epic :!: The watchmen was a really good DC movie, a dark take on dark comic. When this came out I was like finally their making new characters that hasn't been done before. and it's about darn time. I know you don't like it but I think Zack Snyder's visuals is so cool. After Sin City & 300 I was really astounded how neat that was.

Like 300, the score was by Tyler Bates and it was very good with a tremendous choir :batwink: :wwwink: :smsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions