Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:13 pm

Weird, Smothers doesn't sound like an Italian name, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:15 am

Yes, neither was Tommy Rich :shock: Michael Oku's theme song is pretty good.

Okay, I just posted a little bit of a history of "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel in the Promos Topic so I think it's apropos to do this. When he came back to the NWA/WCW in 1990, he would have a really cool theme. If you know Ric Flair's theme and that it is called Also Sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strausse and that it was originally adopted by Stanley Kubrick for his phenomenal 1968, 2001: A Space Odyssey movie (which Elvis Presley loved this...he used this before Flair did!!!) so the great music was really now an "Outer Space" theme and would be for decades even as I type this at this very moment :!: So what did the people in the NWA/WCW do about this since Landel came back when Flair was still there and used Also Sprach Zarathustra :?: Well, they did the next best thing...they composed a new theme for him that was very space-like and was inspired by Star Wars among other fantastic galactic themes...they even called "The Force" :o Take a listen to this great theme ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:17 pm

That song doesn't really scream wrestler to me but I guess, lol. Didn't know all that, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:45 am

Yes, it is unique but the more you know PB ;)

Oh man, Batista's I Walk Alone. It's a great song but not My fave of his themes. I've been thinking about doing a "Evolution" of Batista (no pun or whatever intended there) for a little while and I thought I'd do it for Halloween time because he was actually a scary character when he began. If you don't know what I'm talking about then just wait to find out :blbat: So, Batista's I Walk Alone theme was an upgraded version of his first theme "Animal". This is My fave of the two, it sounds kinda scary that would be good for a horror film or a haunted house segment plus this was from My fave time of his as well. That tron was really good that you posted and so is this tron :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:28 pm

I was honestly never a big Batista fan. When it was Orton/Cena/Batista on top was when I really stopped watching and got into TNA more.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:31 am

Amazing how the decades were like, in the 80s you had Hogan/Macho/Warrior/Andre/DiBiase...90s Bret/Yokozuna/HBK/Austin/Rock/HHH/Undertaker/Goldberg...the future was less interesting in the 2000s...what heck now :roll: Well really Batista was the main one for Me of the three, I found him awesome. That's the Orton theme I was talking about before that I like way more that his second & current theme. There's more excitement to it and it's just funner.

Okay, over at the Promo's Topic I just posted that Afa the Wild Samoan has passed away :roll: Here's his and The Headshrinkers cool Jungle theme. This video also includes when The Barbarian & Captain Lou Albano joined them as well :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:27 pm

I heard about Afa yesterday on Busted Open. RIP.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:52 am

I see...shame about that :roll: Rosemary's theme is superb, I love that guitar throughout the whole track. It sounds old school 90s yet totally brand new with a bit of a haunting melody as well plus this would be an excellent track for something of the Doom Video Game Franchise IMO...so engaging :batwink:

Here's this custom of I.R.S. He never did have a theme so this is from on of the WWE Events. It fits pretty good and the video shows what he was all about :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:51 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:02 am

Bobby Lashley's TNA theme was pretty good and so was his time with the company as well :)

Here's this classic Rock and Roll Express theme song :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc