Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:08 am

How about that Dungeon with Swinger...what is going on there...oh wait their's Shark Boy :o

Yes she sure did...here's this one where she interviewed Money Inc. with Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart during the same show as you saw yesterday with The Beverly Brothers...this is really good :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:05 pm

Said it before, I used to love USA UP All Night!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:23 am

Oh yes, USA Up All Night was a great show...when it ended...really the fun times of TV did because it was one of the last of the great ones :roll: I got a few more WWF with Rhonda, I'll save them for later ;)

Great Kevin Sullivan & Cactus Jack promo. That was when they at odds with the Varsity Club which was Sullivan, "Captain" Mike Rotunda & Rick Steiner :!:

Happy 71st B-Day to Hulk Hogan..here's these great promos... funny, Seek & Destroy...that's the Metallica song that Sting would have many years later :shock:

and here's this one...look how "The Hulkster" looks :o

A BONUS :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:37 pm

Few could cut an 80s promo like the Hulkster. Eat your vitamins and say your prayers, brotha! So glad he's still around.

Of course he'd pick Mean Gene!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:41 am

Yes, very few could. Amazing how big & tall he was then and you barley saw his face there too :shock: Okay, now you said about Tracey Smothers. Well, here he is along with Steve Armstrong, Brian Armstrong/the Road Dogg Jesse James' brother. They were a known as The Young Pistols in the WCW and basically everywhere they wrestled at. They were a some-what dominant team. Here's this promo :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:16 pm

I'm assuming that was around the time of Young Guns or YG II because that's what they're making me think of.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:06 am

That was a good promo with Dennis Condrey & Paul E. Dangerously. Man, Bill Apter of PWI went far back. I've known him for such a long time. He was the head of Pro Wrestling Illustrated. He's still doing stuff...sometimes he shows up at the WWE Press Conferences which is really surprising because 9 times out of 10 he wouldn't show up at WWF/WWE events and when he did it was like holy crap...look who's here :shock:

Young Guns II was 1990 so yes, that was 1991. They changed their names during that time because they turned heel...now get this...before that they were called The Young Pistols, they were known as The Southern Boys since 1987, that's 1 year before the first Young Guns in 1988 :shock: First, I got three videos from a great time, all from 1990 so here's a promo of Jim Cornette on them plus the clip of what he's talking about.

Now, here's a promo of them talking about Jim Cornette

and here's The Southern Boys talking about The Fabulous Freebirds.

I got a big one for tomorrow concerning The Southern Boys/Young Pistols when they were in the WWF but it was much different than this...just wait to see that ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:33 pm

Yeah, I could see Vince not wanting to do a Southern thing, but I'm curious to see it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:15 am

That was a superb promo by Ox Baker about The Bruiser. There was only 1 Ox Baker :!:

Okay good. Here it is. It's a big difference of when Steve Armstrong & Tracey Smothers of The Southern Boys/The Young Pistols were in the WWF...now follow Me here ;)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
OK, you just saw the Armstrong clan there as they are seen doing ICOPRO :shock: Well, around this time the WWF would get one of them which was Steve Armstrong. He would debut in the later months of the year as Lance Cassidy. Not that long before this he was in WCW as one half of the tag team The Southern Boys/The Young Pistols with late great Tracey Smothers. While he seemed to fit rather well within the exciting roster, Cassidy's stint wouldn't last long thus missing the WWF Royal Rumble 93 and going back to WCW as Steve Armstrong.

You just saw My quote, now here's one of Steve Armstrong/Lance Cassidy's matches in the WWF as he faces Barry Horowitz in 1992. He was immediately liked by the people. Look how nice the crowd was...people weren't distracted by phones...all attention was on the ring like it should be IMO. Look at the little boy with the ICOPRO T-Shirt. Look closely as you see one of Doink the Clown's first appearances. He didn't have a name yet...he was just called Clown, The Clown, Mr. Clown etc. Listen how Bobby Heenan talks about the WWF Survivor Series 92 during the match plus Lance Cassidy has a short promo as you see in the thumbnail which this is the only promo I could find of him and it's a fine promo with such a great catchphrase :)

Okay, so now moving on to late 1996. This is one of the many newcomers in the WWF in 1996. It was Tracey Smothers as Freddie Joe Floyd :!: He faces Stone Cold Steve Austin. I couldn't find promo featuring Smothers/Floyd but I chose this because of 2 reasons...#1. Austin hasn't debuted with his well known SCSA theme as it is still his totally haunting & chilling yet wonderful Ringmaster theme :shock: #2. "The Ticking Time Bomb"/"Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman is on commentary with Kevin Kelly & Mr. Perfect :!: You can briefly hear Freddie Joe Floyd's theme there, look in the Wrestling Themes Topic because I'm going to feature that super fun theme there within the next few short minutes :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:10 pm

I guess it's better than Lance Von Erich, lol. Freddie Joe Floyd was a pretty bad ring name, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc