Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:48 pm

Well that just makes me think of this...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:08 am

I see why that reminded you of the Caveman Lawyer from SNL, that was a great one :)

Happy Birthday to Hulk Hogan :) I've wanted to post this for a while now, here's the infamous Hulk Hogan & Richard Belzer incident from 1985 woh Mr. T :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Belzer's response a week later :shock:

His talk with Bob Costas a while later...

then many,many years later :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:58 pm

Well Happy Birthday to the Hulkster. Hopefully Hulkamania runs wild for many more years!

I've seen the original clip but never saw the ones of Belzer talking about it. I wonder how much money he got, lol.

Speaking of The Inbetweeners, this was the US version...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:51 am

Yes, I hope so too. I have no idea how much moolah he got :? Gosh, Ryan Cutrona is taller than Hogan...due to all the surgeries that Hogan had, he really lost his height :roll: That was good seeing Hogan in that reality segment but that's the stuff that turned Me away from MTV...it was so far away from what the channel was meant to be and what made it what it became and so many other channels followed suit or vice versa :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: He beat up Vince McMahon...okay...but Bill Goldberg :? Goldberg beat Hollywood Hogan for the world title...Hogan never did beat Goldberg...there's only two others than I can think of right now at the moment that he never defeated and that Brock Lesnar & Yokozuna...still that's a tremendous win/loss streak :!:

Okay, now back to My local stuff. Here's Becky Rothman , the Queen of Carpet & Wanda, the Princess of Tile. I posted about Becky a while back but kinda brief. This commercial was before the the days they flew over the Gateway Arch in their commercials which is what their known for in My region. This commercial is from 1988 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:10 pm

Ah, old local commercials are sometimes funny with how wooden the people are in their acting, lol. I never really watched MTV Cribs either, but if you see Hogan's backyard you can see the Gulf of Mexico and that's where we were back in 2004 when the boat tour took us past his home.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:29 am

Oh Dennis the Menace cartoon, that brought back the memories there :)

Yes, it is, there's many commercials from My local area I found humorous and some that was just plan good. Here's this one of the Tic-Tok Shop. I used to see these commercials of them all the time. They were in South County not too far away from where Toy Chest & TRU was. This one is from 1991 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:21 pm

I always wanted a bog grandfather clock, but never had one Heck, we only have one actual clock in the house since everyone has electronic devices.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:39 am

Yeah, another thing about the digital age...you can't tell what time it is if your phone isn't charged :roll: We still have clocks around the house that isn't digital. I'm still taking care of My Grandpa's big Regulator Clock. He bought it long before I was even a thought...it was such a prized item for/to him...it still works and gongs like back in the day, one of the last things that shows how good he was :)

That was some Everybody Loves Raymond there :shock:

Here's a 1983 Forsythe Computers commercial, they were in Skokie, Illinois :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:03 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:42 am

That was some Boy Meets World :)

Okay, here's three videos of Fox 30 KDNL that was on before they merged with Fox 2. You can see that this was such a fun channel. First here's this from 1991...

also from 1991...listen to what he says is on...you might be surprised ;)

This was the end of newscast on KDNL Fox 30 during 1998 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions