Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:04 pm

I was talking more about Sullivan's solo themes, not sure I ever came across those before. Man, Trayc Smothers has been around for forever it seems, and he looks the same, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:38 am

I see, yes, I don't recall posting them before. Like I said, the first one I believe Scott Steiner's theme was inspired by. Tommy Rich's theme was really good. It was called All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight by Hank Williams Jr. This was actually played during a cool scene in No Holds Barred :shock:

Today is Hulk Hogan's 71st Birthday...here's this WWF theme & tron :)

His WCW theme & tron by Jimmy Hart :)

His nWo theme :!:

His TNA theme that was a mix of the nWo theme :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:33 pm

Hogan had some great themes, and some ok ones. The first WCW one always sounded like bootleg Real American, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:42 am

Yes he did but that may seem like it but no that's not the case. At the WWF 1993 King of the Ring in June, Hogan & Jimmy Hart had a great interview with Mean Gene. Jimmy Hart was saying the same words as the lyrics of the song...Hogan didn't debut with this song till he arrived in WCW over a year later in August 1994 :o So in other words, Hart already had the song written at last a while already :shock:

IMO Macho Man's TNA theme was like Hogan's, just an alternate version to his WCW version but it was still great however I felt that Randy Savage should have been huge in TNA but wasn't :roll:

Okay, I just posted a promo of The Young Pistols, Tracey Smothers & Steve Armstrong...here's their WCW theme, keep in mind this a long while before The Smoking Gunns :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:19 pm

Yeehaw!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:09 am

Oh yes, the unused "Rodzilla" Dennis Rodman theme. The was such a bummer that they couldn't use that song due to copyrights because it was too much like the original Godzilla version by Blue Oyster Cult. I posted that great stuff in the Movie Trailer Topic which I'll repost that in My classic Kaiju Topic in time. See that shirt that Rodman is wearing in the thumbnail :?: When he debuted as "Rodzilla" in the nWo and wore that shirt I had to have it, My Mom found it for Me at Sears a bit after that and I fell in love with it and I wore it constantly like everyday...I wore it out till it faded away...no joke. Shame I didn't keep as a collector's item :roll: I have other wrestling shirts however that I really didn't wear. One day I may showcase them in My Vintage Wrestling Topic if it all works for Me :shock:

Indeed. Okay,in the promos topic I posted The Young Pistols when they were The Southern Boys. Here's their cool theme and look in this tron of all the great teams that they fought :)

I got a big one for tomorrow concerning The Southern Boys/Young Pistols when they were in the WWF but it was much different than this...just wait to see that ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:30 pm

That's not a great wrestling theme IMO. I've real blind spot for early 90s WCW. I got interested in early to mid 80s NWA, but never paid much attention to when it switch to WCW. Partly because it just wasn't on TV here back then and never looked too great with a lot of the older WWF guys migrating there over time (even though loved them when they were younger).

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:40 am

IMPORTANT NOTE: SEE PROMOS FIRST...YOU'LL BE SPOILED IF YOU DON'T!!!

I know what you mean. Not all of WCW's themes were the best but some of their early 90s ones were really fun. Those ones of Kevin Sullivan are very good for an example. The Forgotten Sons's theme song was decent, it has the rough & tough Country sound to it and they were a pretty good trio team as well, shame how they disbanded :roll:

Okay, if you saw My post in the Promos Topic then you know what to expect...if not then reed My note above ;) So here is the big difference of when Steve Armstrong & Tracey Smothers of The Southern Boys/The Young Pistols were in the WWF...now follow Me here ;)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
OK, you just saw the Armstrong clan there as they are seen doing ICOPRO :shock: Well, around this time the WWF would get one of them which was Steve Armstrong. He would debut in the later months of the year as Lance Cassidy. Not that long before this he was in WCW as one half of the tag team The Southern Boys/The Young Pistols with late great Tracey Smothers. While he seemed to fit rather well within the exciting roster, Cassidy's stint wouldn't last long thus missing the WWF Royal Rumble 93 and going back to WCW as Steve Armstrong.

That quote was from My Yo, Do you Remember 92. I'm probably one of the very few people ever that did something like that. So Armstrong/Cassidy's theme isn't available but you can clearly hear it in this good match of his when he enters the ring and he was a big fan favorite, the crowd was really behind him :)

Now, here is Tracey Smothers' theme when he was in the WWF in 1996 during a cool time of newcomers when he was called Freddie Joe Floyd. This is actually one of My fave WWF themes, it's has such a good country melody and it really fun, I've listen to this countless times since I first downloaded it on the official WWF AOL Page back in 1996 (like I said before, so many people don't talk about how it was back in the early days of the web...it's so important to talk about the past), here's his theme :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:12 pm

Both those would sound good in an old time saloon.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:13 am

Yes, you be 100% spot on about that PB ;) Ah, Paul Burchill's theme. It was a good inspiration of Hans Zimmer's Pirates of the Caribbean :)

So I'm with Steve Armstrong for now however there's more about Tracey Smothers. Okay, so after what you just saw in the Promo Topic when Tracey Smothers was in the SMW (SMW went out of business & taken over by the WWF in 1995) he went to the WWF as Freddie Joe Floyd but what did he do after his time in the WWF was over :?: He went to ECW and became part of the F.B.I. and this is when he became a Full Blooded Italian :o he joined Tommy Rich & Little Guido :shock: Here's this Dance off with the bWo...the Blue World Order...I know you like Tommy Rich PB...this was crazy :lol:

Here's The F.B.I.'s second Theme & Tron :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc