Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:31 am

Oh well that's great :) I'm glad that your saying, pointing out & teaching your son that ;) I hope that day is long remember with him and know how important of what his Father did there :) I'm always saying that I hope that parents and/or guardians are teaching their kids the past especially past stores. I can count you in that Packer...I'm proud of you ;) I just hope other parents are doing the same...they say kids are the future...well it will be a great future if the kids know what their parents do and then some so they can tell their kids and none of this stiff will fall to Oblivion :!:

That was a nice Big K-Mart Stars Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace Commercial. It reminds Me of when I first saw the figures...no it wasn't at a K-Mart nor TRU...it was at Sears in Crestwood where My Mom & Grandpa worked. My Grandparents knew I wanted the figures because they knew how huge the new movie was for Me. Oh I recall who I got, I wanted Darth Sidious, Chancellor Palpatine, Supreme Chancellor Valorum & Darth Maul. I wanted them mostly because even then I was for the "older man". Valorum was Terence Stamp aka Lord Zod & Darth Maul was the new villain so it was like a no brainer for Me to get them first. That Darth Sidious figure is still one of My all-time fave SW figures...really still one of Hasbro's best ever IMO. I wold get some others later.

I couldn't find a Sears SW Commercial which I never recalled seeing one in the first place...while doing so I found this. It was a TRU Midnight Madness in 1999 :shock: This was quite calm compared when I went to the TRU for the Episode 3 Midnight Madness back in 2005 with My Grandma MiMi & Auntie Wanda...that was so hectic :roll: This is a wonderful video that's over 25 years old :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:07 pm

I was completely out of toys at this point, but I was working at Walmart overnights when ROTS came out, so I had to deal with something like this to a lesser degree.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:29 am

Yes, I can see how frantic it would :shock: I never knew about that Witch Doctor Head Shrinker Kit...that was totally unreal there :blbat:

I've never seen this commercial before either :smwink: :blaq:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:42 pm

Oh, I remember that commercial for sure. We used to mimic the commercial when it came on, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:15 am

Oh well that's cool PB :) I never seen nor knew about Dragon Strike. That looked really fun.

I just found this Toy Chest commercial. I hope you & anybody else recalls My special showcases of them. I had many good memories there in South County including getting My Kenner Star Wars Miniature Collection, Tonka Rock Lords, Hasbro WWF, ToyBiz Marvel Superheroes to mention a few ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:00 pm

That was a good Go-Bots commercial. I miss actual toy stores.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:03 am

That was agreat Panini Baseball Sticker Album from 1988, really cool :)

Happy Birth to Hulk Hogan, he's 71 now :o

Both Hogan & Andre's Honey Comb Cereal Commercials together :)

Here's this great A-Team with "The Hulkster" :!:

I loved this one, such a great time of him :)

Here's this recent one...he tombstone piledrives this guy :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:43 pm

I've never seen that last one. That A-Team episode is so much fun, I still watch it if I come across it. It's great seeing all those great 80s stars.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:44 am

Yes, that A-Team episode was great. That was cool how Steamboat was. Too bad wrestlers didn't always get the treatment like that. You couldn't tell by My classmates as I've said time before but I'd like to still I hope that the 80s really inspired kids to be a wrestling a wrestling fan because there was nothing cooler :)

Oh Yes, the Hollywood Hogan nWo T-Shirt ad. That reminds Me the first ones with Hall & Nash and The Giant...their so hilarious :lol: Keep in mind the WWF Full Metal: The Album Commercials I posted because those were less than a years before this with Razor Ramon & Diesel :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:13 pm

Never owned on nWo shirt. Thought about getting one in recent years but since I didn't really watch back then it felt kind of phoney to wear it now, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions