Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:09 am

I know you do Packer :roll: Oh yes, that was a great Kevin Sullivan promo, Woman aka Nancy looked darn good there :batwink:

Here's when the great looking Sensational Sherri was still managing The Million Dollar Man after she was dumped by Macho Man and took care by Liz & WM7...gosh she was such a great personality, I loved loved how feisty she was :)

Here's Money Inc. first began in 91, Sherri was still with Ted DiBiase here :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:23 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:22 am

Wow, that was a great Vintage wrestling promo there. So cool to see Mae Young & Pedro Morales so young :)

So, the Beverly Brothers weren't the only ones that had a manager change...Money Inc. did as well. Unfortunately Sensational Sherri left them and joined Shawn Michaels so Jimmy Hart turned on The Natural Distasters in 92 and became their new manager :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:14 pm

Jimmy Hart was always better as a heel manager IMO.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:17 am

Yes he was. Oh that was a great 1950s promo segment there. Gosh the difference how it was then compared especially how people are on many levels. I'm rusty on the classic stuff from that era but boy if My Grandpa saw that now he could tell you all about them days :) That was cool about Mr. Moto saying all what he said .Amazing how the USA culture wasn't in tuned about that stuff yet. How about a young Nick Bockwinkel but gosh, "Classy" Freddie Blassie was very mature there, he's one of those guys that never changed and was always like that. I really love the classic wrestling like this :)

Okay, now check this, this is one of the points to this of what I'm doing. The Beverly Brothers & Money Inc. both teamed up together at the WWF Survivor Series in 1992 against The Natural Disasters & The Bushwhackers, here's their short but good :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:21 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:53 am

Good promo by Jake. Oh I recall that great feud between the Snake & Dragon. That was so rad. It was battle of the reptilians and a feud that hardly if anybody other than us talk about.

Okay, here's the big one that I wanted to get to. During the super fun, unpredictable times in the WWF in 1993. Today's era could seriously learn a ton from this great time. So listen here Packer before you watch this great clip ;) First, this is a match on a great episode of Monday Night Raw...between The Beverly Brothers vs. Money Inc. :o WHY :? Well, I couldn't find the clip I wanted to show but as you saw yesterday in 92 they were teammates at the 91 SVS. Come in the middle or so of 93 their backstage, arguing about this & that and then a big fight happens. Then the next week their on for a big bout :!: So, this clip it begins with two short promos, 1 with Money Inc. then The Beverly Brothers. This was almost a usual, common thing in 93 & 94 on Raw, I loved how they opened an episode with promos like that...an dthey still had the Raw Intro...again today's era seriously needs to look back and see how great wrestling programs was done. I love both of these short but golden promos from both sides but gosh The Beverly Brothers knocked it out of the park :!: Note that the Raw intro is edited out of this video. Then here comes Money Inc. with I.R.S.'s usual on the mic about the "Tax-Cheats". You hear Lord Alfred Hayes doing his usual, you then see a great ICOPRO commercial featuring the Steiner Brothers and then a classic Macho Man Slim Commercial...I loved these times :) Then we get back to the match...The Beverly Brothers come out with their second theme...look for that in the Wrestling theme Topic...it's one of My all-time faves :) The match begins and the people are actually favoring The Beverlies...Vince McMahon, Macho Man Randy Savage & Rob Bartlett is on commentary like they were since the beginning of Raw...this was so darn epic when this first happen...here it is :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:15 pm

I think that's the first Beverly Bros match I actually ever watched, lol. I liked when Collision would have those opening promos but they've gotten away from that presumably because it was a Punk idea, and we can't have that. Actually, Collision is really starting to feel like WCW Thunder, and not in a good way.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:09 am

Okay, so after a long while after I explained the big stories & connections about Dan Spivey being Waylon Mercy, Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda, Bray Wyatt & the Rhodes family...there's a promo of "Dangerous" Dan. He should have been a bigger force in WCW. That was cool how Jesse Ventura was as an interviewer and this time in WCW was pretty too too Of course we can't...gotta ignore Punk at all costs now in AEW :roll: WCW Thunder had some good moments especially when it first started but as time went on it had it's ups & downs.

How about that ;) I hope you see why The Beverly Brothers are one of My faves :) Here's one more promo of The Beverly Brothers...this is from 1992. This was a special on USA because this was a special cross-over of USA Up All Night with Rhonda Shear :batshock: Rhonda showed up in the WWF many times as a guest interviewer in the early 90s. I think she looked great here, I really miss how women looked & were then. Gosh I loved it when they'd cross-over like that in the 90s :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:56 pm

Rhonda Shear really got around back in the day.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc