Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Animals: Swallowtail Caterpillar!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Animals: Man get's Rattlesnake in Mail, attempted Murder

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:41 am

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Hoodwinker Sunfish in Oregon!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:47 am

This is remarkable, a Hoodwinker Sunfish washed upon the Oregon shore. They are very rare fish to see. If you see one like this then this means not only is it like finding gold but it also means something is wrong :shock:

Hoodwinker Sunfish 1.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:18 pm

Hmm, that's a shame.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:51 am

Yes it sure it, I hate it when Whales & Dolphins beach themselves but when animals from the far deep come up like that it's also a big shame :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: I took all of this Pictures!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:12 am

Ah man, they found a new Prehistoric Marine Reptile in the Southern Hemisphere that is believe to be one of the first of the kind plus it resembles The Loch Ness Monster too :shock:

Marine Reptiles 1.jpg

Okay, next I'm going to post some pics that I took of some critters, be ready for that soon ;)
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Prehistoric: New Marine Reptile Found!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:28 pm

It does. Could be related. Or still around!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Prehistoric: New Marine Reptile Found!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:26 am

Yes, and I think that it's very possible that many of the lake & river monsters that has been sighted over the many, many decades all over the world are actually some of the same species just traveling around like Champ, Ogopogo, Lake Van Monster and Nessie to mention a few but how :?: I believe that there is cave systems all over and they travel thru them like a highway or similar like in Hollow Earth of the MonsterVerse movies. Now are these surviving creatures from The Mesozoic Era that has adapted to Earth's current state, evolved decedents of them or are they completely new animals that is still unknown :?: Ah the mysteries continue but gosh it's so fun at the same time :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Fuzzy White Moth, The Spider & The Fly!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:52 am

So here's a collection of some pictures I took over the course of a couple of months or so of some Animals in My backyard & front porch. Most are Arthropods but I love them. Unfortunately I'm seeing less numbers of Animals as the years go by which is a shame how this has become :roll: It's mid September now and many of these types has hit the hay unfortunately till next Spring & Summer but that time will be before you know it :)

First up is this Snail & Slug. Over the last couple years I've been seeing less & less of these Gastropods especially Snails which is a shame as they are cousins of Squid & Octopus.

Here's this Beetle & Morning Glory Moth.

I have many Orb Weavers on the front porch which that has not decreased.

I was a bit amazed that I saw this Long Spider. He was quite shy & sensitive so I got these pics when I could back by the basement door's back-light.

Here's this Ominous Sky. I love watching the skies for many reasons and see so very few people doing so. This picture doesn't give justice to how the sky was that duskful night but you can tell how eerily awesome it was :)

Arguably My fave Insect of them all is Lightning Bugs aka Fireflies. The numbers of them seems to go down every year but this year they were in good numbers and staying out later that usual. I was able to catch a couple. I've always thought they were cute and such a phenomenal little critter with their bioluminescence feature that gives them their name. I find them peaceful and really who doesn't like & enjoy Fireflies :?: Here's these pics of some :)

Here's this Baby Praying Mantis. At first when I saw him I didn't know what he was then I'm like oh I know what you :)

Oh man, I was very glad I was able to take a couple pictures of this. Here's The Spider & The Fly by the basement door. This was actually during the morning as it was a bit daylight. Some Spiders stay up all the time to get what they need and this guy sure did. As the late great Kevin Sullivan said during one of My fave WCW Nitro Episodes in early 96 when he formed The Alliance to Destroy Hulkamainia..."As The Spider said to The Fly...Welcome to the Cage :!:

Here's this Baby Cricket. Oh he's so cute. He was on My front screen door. I've been seeing a lot of them and I love to hear their soothing songs at night :)

Here's this Morning-Glory Moth which I call Bi-Plane Bugs.

Here's this Colorful Moth that I really never knew their proper name.

Ah, here's this Treehopper. I love these guys. them & Leafhoppers are related to Cicadas. He was also on My front screen door. Look how cute he is :)

Here's this Ladybug aka Ladybird Bug that I caught. I've always loved these ladies :)

The Cicadas are still going to town but the Orange & Black ones only showed up that little amount of time when I took pics of them before :roll: Here's this Grumpy Cicada. I call him "grumpy" because I stepped right next to him by the basement door and he made his noises like hey "fool, watch where the heck your going!". I was like oh crap, I didn't see you their, you camouflaged with the leaves :shock:

Here's this Bug & Moth.

Now this guy was something, he flew right in front of Me and landed by My Grandma MiMi's Magnolia Tree...it was a Huge Moth.He's about the size of a small bowl, this is as close as I could get to him.

Here's this White Fuzzy Moth. He's fantastic. Look at all that fur-like feathers-like hair he has. I was grateful to get pics of him :)

Now here's a very special entry...Spider at the Bathroom Sink. We get many House Spiders in the bathroom. Their very efficient if you have Gnats, Skeeters and unwanted pests like that. Many of the Spiders has left since they arrived in June or so but this one hung around till last week. I actually took care of this Spider by feeding her. I would catch little Larvae/Caterpillars that get's in the bathroom which are pest, Gnats and I caught her a few Mosquitoes too which their Vampiric, well so is Spiders and many times I watch her walking in her web getting them and sucking them dry...literally :blbat: :wwwink: :smgasp: I liked seeing a Spider building their webs and getting their prey. Well, several days ago I caught a Seed Moth which is a total pest and gave it to her. I go to check on her a few hours later and she is gone and so is the Seed Moth...I was like where did they go cause I knew her tricks where she's likes to hide in the tiny wall hole and behind the soap bottles but she wasn't there :? What happen was she left took him with her :shock: I think she had a enough nutrients so she could shed her exoskeleton elsewhere. Is all that remains is a little graveyard of her food there :blbat: So here's this pic I took of her sucking on her Skeeter :blww:

Now just a few short days ago I saw this Opossum on the driveway gate...this picture is blurry which I took the same pic over & over again and it just wouldn't turn out to be clear...

however I got a really good shot of his face. He's really cute. Remember all the things I spoke about these Marsupials that their the only specie on this continent and that their very docile & efficient and most of all that their are LIVING FOSSILS which is a very crucial category of Cryptozoology :!:This individual is older and larger, about the size of a big House Cat...look how cute this guy is as I feel very fortunate to capture him :)

Well, that will do it. I hope your were amazed by this. Next up I'm going to feature some Cryptozoology movies in My usual spotlight form, wait until you see what My first entry is which a very important one which is something i'be been wanting to do for a long while now :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Fuzzy White Moth, The Spider & The FLY & More!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:42 pm

I didn't really see too many lightning bugs this year either. Maybe I just wasn't outdoors as much. I did see a couple. Not sure I've ever seen one up close like that. I just assumed they had lightbulb butts, lol. Joking. That white moth makes me think of Killer Moth from Teen Titans Go!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Animals: Big Wolf Spider!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:32 am

Thanks Packer :) Yes, he does resemble Killer Moth :batwink: Well, if your outdoors every other night during the late Spring & Summer, if you have them and your looking for them then you should should see them ;) Oh if I can like to catch this little guys and look at them good. Their very easy to catch PB and their so friendly too, one of My fave Insects :) Unfortunately good Insects' numbers are really dropping at such a bad rate :roll: Since Autumn is coming, the Bugs are getting ready to hit the hay. Cicadas are winding down and really the only Arthropods like Spiders, Moths & Crickets will remain till December if the months are warm enough. Keep looking outside especially the skies, you never know what your gonna see :blbat: If you see anything normal or out of the ordinary post it here, I'm still waiting for others to do so because this stuff is so cool :)

Okay, just last night I went outside in the backyard and when I came by to the basement door, this really big Spider was there :o

I believe she's a Wolf-Spider. If so I think she's not full grown yet. She's about the size of an Eisenhower Silver Dollar :shock: If I'm correct she'll get much bigger. Remember that Giant Wolf-Spider I caught back in 2010 and I posted her a long while ago within this Topic :?: She was the size of a Soft-Ball which she was the biggest Spider I ever saw locally in person :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: So this one might grow as big has her :!:

Soon, I'm going to post some Cryptid movies including Monster on the Campus which will be first, it's arguably the most important Cryptozoological movie ever :!: Also I plan on Arachnophobia, Tremors because they were great ones too and maybe more :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions