Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:25 am

Oh boy the Night Fighter RoboCop figure...yet another great mail away figure by Kenner. My Grandma sent away for that one too. That is such a rad figure. Soon, I'm going to post a huge RoboCop showcase in My Vintage Action Figure Topic. I was going to do it a while ago then I lost one of the guns and I was looking for it and it delayed Me. I gotta quit that for now and showcase My collection for it's 35th Anniversary in time :shock:

I forgot to post this one :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:17 pm

That's the Headbangers Ball guy, I believe. Never really watched much of that on MTV back when they still played videos. Think I owned a basic Robocop figure back in the day towards the end of my childhood toy collecting. Never got deep into the line, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:32 am

I wasn't watching MTV in the 2000s so I don't know him at all because like you said, "when they still played videos" :roll:

Oh I loved the RoboCop series, it was one of My main ones back in the day. I have a lot to showcase but I never did get nor want that Robo Helmet set. It looks really cool though and that commercial was too :)

Okay, last night Me & Mom went out to go get some Jack in the Box. It was so great. Oh man I love their Tacos :) I took some pics which I'm going to post as a special event with other stuff sometime soon. They have a promo of Deadpool & Wolverine. Here's a compilation of all the commercials together :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:37 pm

There's no Jack anywhere near here, but we still get commercials from time to time. I never even saw the 2nd Deadpool movie. Just don't care about superhero stuff these days.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:03 am

Shame you don't have one in your area. At least you see the commercials. Soon I'll post about this in more detail. The Deadpool movies are okay...finally they made Wolverine with the blue & yellow attire in a movie...still no mask though :roll: Oh man the MOTU Land Shark by Mattel. I used to play with him all the time. I really liked his rubber teeth. That's a very good commercial that has a inspirational Jaws theme by John Williams plus a questionable climax there of how that battle will be :shock:

Okay, a couple days ago I posted a special showcase in My Odds & Ends of Disney Adventures Magazine for a 32nd Anniversary of 1992 for July & August. I don't know if you remember the Magazine or even knew about it. I posted it greatly with a ton of surprising stuff. I had planned it for a long while. I begin talking about your TRU & Drive-In special PB and how weird the coincidences are because if you see My showcase, you'll see why I noted that ;) My link is here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post52914.html#p52914

I found at least a couple commercials of the Disney Adventures Magazine. Here's one from 1990 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:33 pm

I will give that a look tomorrow. Been a busy day today. We went to a Jack in the Box when we were in San Diego. I can;t se=ay I was blown away or anything, but it was good. I don't eat beef, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:34 am

Ok great :) Oh boy,I bet your zonked :shock: Yes, I remember you said that about Jack in the Box. I also remember when you said you don't eat beef too but I didn't recall that it was in San Diego however.

Oh that was a good ThunderCats Commercial there. I had already showcased My Vintage ThunderCats Collection in My Vintage Action Figure Topic as a massive, two-part JLN special with My WWF Superstars as well. Here's a brief quote ;)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
LJN Greatness! The 80s was such a great time, look at the classic visual of ThunderCats & WWF Wrestling Superstars!, You can't get anymore classic than that IMO!

You can see the whole thing on page 8 & 9 here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-70.html

One day I plan to showcase My lonely 2013 Bandai Lion-O in My Modern Action Figure Topic.

Here's this Disney Adventures Commercial from 1994 :) There's a strange thing that I noticed in this commercial, they play Chris Benoit's 1st WCW theme before he was there so it wasn't an original theme...it starts at the 5 second mark :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:40 pm

I was never a big magazine person. Unless you count comics, which I don't.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:59 am

I never seen that SilverHawks commercial, that's one Kenner Series I regret never getting into :roll: Oh now see, I loved the Magazines, that was a good source of learning for Me way before the Internet...Disney, wresting, movies, video games you name it. Now in My Showcase I show it in great detail, there was a lot of surprises in that first issue, stuff you wouldn't expect and it's still so fun as I type this :)

I think this is the last that I could find of Disney Adventures Magazine, sadly there's not that many. This was in 2002, it's pretty cool as you see a young Hillary Duff plus more ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:09 pm

I was never huge into Silverhawks, the show or the toys. A caught the show occasionally but that was one of those shows where I wasn't a big fan of the animation style (like Voltron) and such.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions