Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 am

I never seen that Omega Virus Board Game before by Milton Bradley, that looked really cool. That came out in 1992. The computer Virus wasn't a household known thing then but movies and the like would pushing really hard to get it known. It became household knowledge with Me because of the 1996 epic Independence Day, it was a such a major & crucial element of the film. Amazing how those corporate locust Hasbro took advantage of that, it was ahead of the time and what an interesting name that is...Omega means last/final and Virus means poison....that is Last/Final Poison :o

Here's this Steak 'n Shake Commercial. This is really cool. I was talking about how I'd sit on the stool seat watching them cook the food right there in front of Me. Well, this commercial shows you a bit of that, it was just like this and yes the Bunboard is a real thing ;)

I found one more for tomorrow, I believe it's the final one for now and it's very apropos too :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:45 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:36 am

i never seen that Mattel Lie Detector Board Game before, that looked super fun :)

Okay, here's the last Steak 'n Shake Commercial till Halloween Time. This is when they had meals under $4. Many times I'd get three of'em. They had this from around the mid 2000s to the mid 2010s before their sour business debacle happen. They had so many deals like a double or triple Steakbuger, a Garlic Cheese Steakburger, Wisconsin Buttery Steakburger, a Royale, Chicken Tenders, Frisco Melt and one of My faves...The Jamaican Jerk...oh I loved that. Thanks to the plandemic and all that bum-steer most of this was gone, I was really bummed that they stopped making The Jamaican Jerk, gosh I loved the taste of that one :roll: Here's this final commerial :)

By the way, My Mom & I went out the other day and went to Family Dollar on Gravois, their putting Halloween Candy & Pez Dispensers & plushes out already along with Back to School stuff...I couldn't believe that about the Halloween items I mean in July, I'm not sure if I've ever seen anybody ever put out Halloween stuff that early...mid/late August yes like Walgreens but not in July :blbat: :blww: :blsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:47 pm

Yep, we saw a Spirit Halloween store going up in a new location again this year, so it's about that time. Before you know it Christmas decorations will be in stores.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:48 am

Oh man, that sounds great :blbat: :blww: :blsm: I can't believe Christmas :scbat: :scww: :scsm: I never seen that Masters of the Universe commercial before :o . Gosh that was a sweet one of many of the original series :o

Okay, so after Slammin' Wrestling Hits that wa sit, I stopped getting wrestling wrestling albums. Now, they came out with more so first, here's this WWF Forceable Entry commercial. they made this more extra tracks but I really didn't like the way the music in wrestling was heading...they were stepping away from the instrumental classics route I mean it was ether metal or rap. Now that I I'm not a fan of it, it just lacks in variety I mean every other wrestler has it and it still continues today. It would be different of it was spaced out and only a few of them had it like that but's not the case and it's just not WWE. This was from 2002, the last WWE album under the WWF name :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:23 pm

Hey, Our Lady Peace had a song on there. Makes sense it would be Benoit, since he was Canadian.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:58 am

Yes, it did have a good lineup. How about that Kenner DC Super Powers Steppenwolf, I never seen that before, that was great :wwsmile: Notice those Proof of Purchases there :?: It said General Mills...that's because General Mills actually owned Tonka & Kenner before they became big :shock:

Here's this WWE Anthology CD commercial from 2002...really radical how big this was on 3 CDs :o It was the first under the WWE banner.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:17 pm

I remember that coming out but never really looked at the themes on there. I didn't remember that Steppenwolf commercial, but I did have his SuperPowers figure. I loved the axe slashing feature. He was a cool figure. Man, I miss mail away figures. What a concept. When GI Joe came back with the 25th Anniversary line they had a bunch of two packs and if you got enough stamps from purchases you could mail away for a Doc figure. And I did.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:29 am

That's cool, that Steppenwolf looked mighty sweet. Oh yes, the mail away feature was so fun. I believe Kenner is the ones that first did that but don't Me on that. I knew about the Joes 25th Anniversary but I didn't know that about that mail in offer there and that is also cool that got him as well :)

That SW ROTJ commercial was great, I never seen that before but i did know a bit of the history/trivia bit however. This is what I was talking about before a long while back already when I showcased My Vintage Kenner, I try to talk about as much info & history as possible within them, you never know what I'm going say ;) In this commercial the young man say about 4-LOM...that is NOT 4-LOM. That's actually Zuckuss. Kenner mislabeled the Blister Cards as well as this Commercial with the wrong opposite names. For a long while people called them those opposite wrong names till Kenner finally corrected it when LucasFilm said these are incorrect. Now I still have some of those Blister Cards, they've alluded Me for a quite a long time, they're really My missing piece to complete My Vintage Collection. Now I've said before, I believe My Grandma sent away Nein Numb for Me. He's such a cool character. In fact the was he became in Battlefront. This was an excellent commercial :)

Oh I regret not getting this when it came out. Here's another really cool commercial :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:20 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions