Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:36 pm

That's neat because you can see the music changing like it did in the 90s from urban hip-hop in the early 90s to a more grunge/rock sound there.

AEW debuted a new wrestler yesterday named Hologram. I guess he's a famous luchador. His match was ok, but suffered like a lot of those style of matches of looking too choreographed. That used to be my criticism of Will Ospreay years ago, but he's gotten so much better since then. Maybe Hologram will as well as he gets more accustomed.

His mask makes me think of the original GI Joe version of Snake Eyes.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:15 am

Yes, that's the first time I seen him, I haven't kept up with Mexican wrestling in quite awhile so really I don't know him. He's good however, he seems as legit as any Luchador that came before him. Seeing that was kinda weird, it was like an alternate reality of times because you got Tony Schiavone & Nigel McGuinness...it was like WCW's Cruiserweight Division meets WWE's 205 Live :shock: Now that's cool that you posted his theme then his debut. I like that because this is what I was talking about before. For a very long time before I'd go to the show I'd listen to the score and/or soundtrack to whatever I was going to see (provided they released the CD or Digital Album in time and that I got it) so I could know what the music sounds like and get that upper-hand and knowing what kind of personality that film is regardless of genre. It's really rad when you heard the music a few times, you got it mind then you see the film on the big screen and then your like holy cow, that's the music I just heard before last night or before I left and especially if your wondering what in the heck is happening in this scene when this music is gong on...then you find out...oh it's so fun doing that. I do that with moves at home too especially ones I know a lot just for the fun of it and/or to reminisce. So with that being said, hearing Hologram's theme then hearing his theme when he comes out is great...it's very similar as to what I just said and what I said before, I see very little difference between movie soundtracks & scores & wrestling themes and yes his mask does look like Snake Eyes:)

Yes, PB, you be 100% correct :) Okay, here's the second track...Thorn in your Eye of WWF Full Metal the Album:!: Now there is no music video to to this one however this is also very good as well :)

When I'm done with the other tracks, I'm going to repost We're All Together Now and Thorn in your Eye in a special comparison...you'll see what I'm talking about in time ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:12 pm

That was honestly too metal for me, lol. Was never into that hardcore of stuff. Hologram used wrestle in Mexioc under the name Aramis. Can't say I ever saw him before, though. Kind of get a Sin Cara.Suicide vibe from what they're doing with him. Not sure how far they can go with that kind of gimmick, but I'm sure he'll have some good matches it seems.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:17 am

I see. Well there's two interesting aspects of that. 1. It was almost like a Doink scenario but there was actually two Sin Caras and they fought each in the WWE, 2. Suicide actually wasn't a wrestler in real life...he was actually a fictional exclusive TNA video game character for the TNA game (I never played it) then they made him real and like Doink & Sin Cara, would be played by multiple people. So, will a similar scenario happen with Hologram :?: Yes, I'm sure there will be some good matches ahead as well.

Huh, how about that. Yes, it was a little bit hard for Me at first but then I got used to it. Since I posted them in order I'm going to post the rest in order too but some will be duplicated but I'll see about that. Next up is "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel. I loved Diesel as the world champion, he was one of the best champions. Such a great explosive personality and expressions. He was like the second Hulk Hogan for Me in wrestling though it has always been bittersweet when he beat Bob Backlund to win the belt. This is one of My fave themes of all-time. It's so unique. My Grandpa liked it because of the Harmonicas, he loved to play Harmonicas :) I miss hearing him playing his Harmonicas :( Here's this great tron that features many of Diesel great moments with his wonderful theme :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:09 pm

I bought the TNA video used well after it had come it. It wasn't bad. The graphics were decent, and the X match was something different. I don't recall much about it now though as it's been years.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:22 am

I see, well thanks for the trivia, I never got a chance to play it. Too bad WCW didn't do that with their WCW games because there was some really cool exclusive characters in them such as The WCW Master and Dr. Frank. My Grandpa loved Dr. Frank :blaq:

Jamie Hayter's theme is pretty good. When she comes out to it she really matches it or vice versa.

Okay, so next on the WWF Full Metal The Album was King Mable. I already posted him not that long ago. I love him and that tron, just go back to see & hear his great theme :) So after him is the 123 Kid's theme. It's a fairly good theme an represents him well. When he'd enter you knew exactly whom it was because of the way it starts out. In this tron is many good moments of his from 93 - 96. One particular one is when you see him with Ted Dibiase. He was the final member of his great Corporation stable and like Hall & Nash, they would soon leave the WWF nearly together, go to WCW and be part of the original nWo in 1996 :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:49 pm

I never saw him during that era. By the time I got back he was already Sixxx. Actually, the first time I really watched a Raw was the day after WM 14 when he came back as X-Pac.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:52 am

Swerve's theme is alright, yet another rap song :roll: How about that. I didn't think you saw him during his 123 Kid days. You missed a lot of good moments there especially all of those Raws. Originally he was a jobber going by many names like Cannonball Kid an djust The Kid then became a winner and becmae The 123 Kid I mean he beat Razor Ramon in still one of biggest upsets ever, he & Marty Jannetty beat the Quebecers to become tag champs and more.

Okay, so next is Goldust, I already posted him big time so next is The Smoking Gunns, Billy & Bart. Their theme is quite good with the six-shooter revolver sound effects and this tron is shows them pretty well :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:59 pm

I can't imagine it's fun wrestling in jeans. On a tangent I hated when the added the bullet sound at the start of Ricochet's theme. Wherever he goes next, I hope they treat him better.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:01 am

Yes, i was never a jeans person. My Grandparents sure were though. I like My clothing extra large, thin & loose fitting. I've always been like that, just like I said the other day about them 90s muscle pants, they felt really good. Amazing, Ricochet just became the Speed Champion on Twitter/X...really he should have been way more than that...HHH should have done something about this beforehand. He'll probably go to AEW or TNA. Oh now I liked the bullet. I thought it fit with his name, It was similar like the title to the 1991 Ricochet movie that I posted a while back that starred Denzel Washington & John Lithgow :)

Okay, next of the WWF Full Metal The Album is Sycho Sid but I featured him a couple years back, I'll repost him for Halloween :blaq: Next up is "The Modern Kamikaze" Hakushi, "The White Angel". I know I posted him in the Promos topic along with Shinja & Kwang but I don't recall posting his theme and in fact I just double checked...so I don't think I over looked it. He has a really nice, calm yet haunting Japanese inspired theme with a cool thunderstorm occurring. Here's two different trons that show different clips of him. Back then in the WWF people were not used to this style yet and like Ricochet who would appear a long time after him, was really misused...I though Hakushi was really excellent :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc