Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:20 am

WCW was always good and ahead of WWF in many categories for a very long time but when wrestling themes on CD was considered, that wasn't one of'em unfortunately :roll: It's still very bitter sweet how they just cut them off on the WCW :roll: Yes, nWo & Goldberg were dominant in many ways, no doubt about that :!:

Woe, that was an older Wal-Mart commercial from 1979, 45 years ago this year :shock: That was really cool PB :)

Okay, so you saw the little Abraxas, Guardian Of The Universe special I did in the Movie Trailers Topic...well here's this part of that quoted showcase which this is the main part and it's a special one, this was arguably the golden gem of My entire collection & showcase. Beast Record's Slammin' Wrestling Hits. I saw the album and I wanted it really bad in 1999, 25 years ago this year...in fact I wanted it as much as WWF Full Metal the Album :shock: Here's a brief moment of My grand showcase :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So during this year of 1999, WWF & WCW wasn't the only ones putting out wrestling themes on CD. The Beast Records of Simitar Entertainment gave their own crack at re-performing wrestling themes from the current Attitude Era...it was called Slammin' Wrestling Hits :o I saw it at Our local CD store in South County which I will show you the location in a little while. I saw this over there and My Mom got it for Me, they only had the one and it was Mine :) I had no idea how it was going to be, is all i know I wanted and knew I would regret it if I had skipped it. It has a very good selection. It's done via Midi-like synthesizers tech, guitars among other electronic musical devices that has a 90s techno sound plus a whistling/crowd like noise/technique in the background that seriously reminds Me of Mike Pizza's Strike Zone for the N64 which is one of My favorite Baseball Video Games of ever, of all-time. The Front & Back covers really caught My attention and I would think it would have most wrestling fans too or even made new ones which I hope it did :)

Okay, here' the only commercial I could find of it, honestly I'm surprised that they made one :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:57 pm

That's something. Didn't know that existed. Interesting selection of themes.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:08 am

Yes, you can go see My showcase in My Vintage Wrestling Collection for a refresh, I even posted the cool place I got it from which was the CD Warehouse in South County :) It was rare then and I'm sure it is even more so now :shock: Yes, it has a good selection of themes.

I actually never seen that MTV Big Show Commercial with Hulk Hogan before :shock: That was filmed really rad. He says about his new movie...that was No Holds Barred so this was 1989, 35 years ago this year :shock: In fact he's dressed there just like was in the film, it's the same red & black outfit. Weird that 6 years later in 1995 he would fight a debuting Giant that soon would be known as "The Big Show" :batconfused: :wwshock: :smgasp:

IMPORTANT NOTE: I posted a big reply to your TRU trip. Take your time to read it and there's questions to be answered there too PB ;)

Holy crap, I just now remembered that I have 2 Steak 'n Shake commercials that I was saving for the 4th of July...I almost forgot about that than I was saving them for months :shock: Well, it's still July so I'm going to post'em and with all of this Trump stuff going on you couldn't ask for a better time anyway ;) I'm going to post one today and the other tomorrow so here's the first one from the early/mid 2000s and it was on Fox Sports Midwest when Burger joints were really creative :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:20 pm

I'd never seen that commercial before but I did think he looked like the No Holds Barred character.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:44 am

Yes, he was basically Rip Thomas :shock:

Man, that Hulk Hogan Rock 'n' Wrestling was very short but very sweet :) That was a good Nestle Nesquik there from 1999, 25 years this year :shock: These were still times when you'd get some good toys & prizes in the cereal and stuff and Nesquik many times had good offers too :)

Okay, here's the other Steak 'n Shake commercial that I saved for Fourth of July time. This too was from the early/mid 2000s most likely on Fox Sports Midwest :)

When I re-saw these that I forgot to post, this was in My feed that I didn't post before. I recall this like it was last week. In fact I believe this was the first time I ever had/tried Black Peppercorn Bacon and it was so good. This was during the good times of Steak 'n Shake when they and other Burger Joints were very creative. Here's the very short commercial :)

I still have a Steak 'n Shake commercial for Halloween, now I WON'T forget that one :blbat: :blww: :blsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:42 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:29 am

How about that Ruffles commercial...cool :o

I believe I found 3 more Steak 'n Shake commercials....here's this one :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:08 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:39 am

I never seen that Q*Bert by Parker Brothers before, that was excellent especially since it was live action there :)

Here's this Steak 'n Shake, he still hasn't learned that it's not "Ham", it's "Steak" :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:57 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions